Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When will it be time.......?

BDOG510

Guest sith lord
You need to shut your mouth. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about, maybe you would rather have Norv Turner or Steve Spurrier.

Idiot :doh:

Turner and Spurrier are not the only options. But we do need some new blood.

This whole situation is just goofy. I won't call anyone out but you know who you are if you're a fairweather fan. The majority on here calling for JG to be fired weren't even born when Gibbs took over the Skins the 1st time around... Hell, I think I was 14. Do you really think we're going to go anywhere with Campbell? I agree to a certain degree that Mark had a bad game but so did everyone else.:rolleyes: Now, that being said if I were JG I would have a pow wow with Mark and say you're my guy until the end of the season unless we're going nowhere by game 10 and then I'm going with JC. He will be my #1 entering camp next season. I think that would be the most fair way to do this thing. Don't mean to piss anyone off about the fairweather thing but you have to take the lumps man, that's it. When I was younger I remember the Jack Pardee days and all I would hear my dad say was "there they go again, run run pass kick" and that's what they did ...they stunk until JG came to town. Just KTF. Peace:)

I'd rather have a hot bikini model, she'd have the same responsibilites that Gibbs has on the sidelines, not much to none. But she'd be fun to look at and would look better in Redskin gear.

Then you haven't been paying attention to him talking on a headset, conferring with coach Williams, etc.

And why are you changing the questions? When did this become about Gibbs' ego?

As soon as YOU thought that you had proven your point by citing the hiring of Al Saunders as offensive coordinator as a reason that Gibbs "lost his game". No other coach wants his team to win as much as coach Gibbs, and that moved solidified that notion.

You asked if the game had passed him by, he gave up play calling. Do you think he would have done that if he though he could still do it?

Would Gibbs in the 80s do that? Hell no he wouldn't, odviously Gibbs realizes the game has passed him by somewhat atleast.

If Gibbs doesn't have anything to do with the offense anymore, then why so much hostility on your end on him specifically? What about the ~150 yards we put up today? Fire Saunders?? Oh, wait, we already heard that BS in the preseason and weeks 1 and 2.

You have no right to tell anybody what Gibbs "of the 80s"..."would have done". What everybody should learn, and what I learned by watching Joe Gibbs when i was 3 years old, and watching old video-taped games of "Gibbs Era I", AND looking at what he's done since 2004, is that Joe Gibbs will always do what he thinks is going to let his teams win. That is NOT the same thing as "getting old and having the game pass you by".

dcoles11, you say landry and knoll got fired and didn't come back...maybe they got fired cuz the game had passed them by. As for Gibbs, he wasnt fired, he left after winning 3 super bowls at the top of the game.

You guys are getting way too hung up on the examples I used and whether they got fired or not or if they are alive.

Thats not the point.

The point is there are plenty of HOF coaches that either retired or got fired and their past success wouldn't have done anything for them.

I hate how if anyone tries to question Gibbs you get the typical, "he won 3 super bowls!"

That dosen't matter anymore, we should treat Gibbs II like any other coach, you guys know damn well if coach X would have decided to kick that FG today down 16-3 you would have been ready to kill the guy.

Stop thinking this is the same Gibbs from the glory days. That Gibbs ran the offense and it was a good offense.

This Gibbs fired himself as offensive play caller, he's not the same coach, he knows it, he never would have given up play calling if he thought he was still good at it.

Odviously Gibbs dosent rest on the fact that he won 3 Super Bowls in the pass, so maybe you guys should stop.

Guest sith lord
This whole situation is just goofy. I won't call anyone out but you know who you are if you're a fairweather fan. The majority on here calling for JG to be fired weren't even born when Gibbs took over the Skins the 1st time around... Hell, I think I was 14. Do you really think we're going to go anywhere with Campbell? I agree to a certain degree that Mark had a bad game but so did everyone else.:rolleyes: Now, that being said if I were JG I would have a pow wow with Mark and say you're my guy until the end of the season unless we're going nowhere by game 10 and then I'm going with JC. He will be my #1 entering camp next season. I think that would be the most fair way to do this thing. Don't mean to piss anyone off about the fairweather thing but you have to take the lumps man, that's it. When I was younger I remember the Jack Pardee days and all I would hear my dad say was "there they go again, run run pass kick" and that's what they did ...they stunk until JG came to town. Just KTF. Peace:)

I was around when Gibbs got hired. But that has nothing to do with anything. The fact of the matter is that the game has passed him by. When does this team ever make halftime adjustments?

I'd rather have a hot bikini model, she'd have the same responsibilites that Gibbs has on the sidelines, not much to none. But she'd be fun to look at and would look better in Redskin gear.

And why are you changing the questions? When did this become about Gibbs' ego?

You asked if the game had passed him by, he gave up play calling. Do you think he would have done that if he though he could still do it?

Would Gibbs in the 80s do that? Hell no he wouldn't, odviously Gibbs realizes the game has passed him by somewhat atleast.

Well thankfully you don't own the Redskins. Look at how flawed your logic is. You're calling for Gibbs's head, true? Then you say that Gibbs doesn't do anything, true? So if Gibbs doesn't do anything, which is flat out WRONG, then how would any of this be his fault? And if it's not his fault, then why would he need to resign? Your lack of logic destroys your credibility.

Joe Gibbs is both Head Coach and President of the team, or did you forget that? He does what's best for the team. He had the 11th-ranked offense in the league last year. I don't think it exactly passed him by. 32nd? Maybe. 11th? No way in hell.

He handed off playcalling because Al Saunders knows Al Saunders's offense better than Gibbs does.

What Gibbs doubters fail to understand: Joe Gibbs cares more about this team than you, I, and every other fan past, present, or future combined. If the game had passed him by, then he would have left by now.

Like I said: Thank G-d you people aren't in the front office, or you would've called for his head when he started 0-5.

It's not Gibbs. The only fault, or mistake I have seen him make since being back, is that an over the hill quarterback can somehow revive a struggling team.

It was our defense that got us to the playoffs last season. I knew if our defense somehow lost it's punch, it would expose our offense. Well, unfortunately our defense is struggling, and now you can see just how bad our offense is.

We won one of our two games because of a coin toss. Had that coin toss gone the other way, our record would be 1-4, you all know it, maybe don't want to agree, but you know it.

So what Gibbs does now, will determine how this season goes. I can tell you this, our offense is going nowhere. It is clear when Brunell can't get a pass off, for whatever reason, this team just flops. He cannot avoid a rush or scramble, so if our line isn't having a good day, Brunell will not have a good day. You cannot say that about elite quarterbacks who win with their ability to scamble, and get a pass off under pressure. Brunell folds at the first sign of pressure.

So, where we go will determine on the changes Gibbs can make.

To just admit that Gibbs and Co. have done a terrible job this year with this team.

When will it be time to fire Gibbs and bring in some fresh blood that can get this team back to where we all want them to be.

Will Dan fire Gibbs if we end up with a losing season this year.........?:doh:

I can't believe that people actually think this way...wow. :doh:

You guys are getting way too hung up on the examples I used and whether they got fired or not or if they are alive.

Thats not the point.

The point is there are plenty of HOF coaches that either retired or got fired and their past success wouldn't have done anything for them.

I hate how if anyone tries to question Gibbs you get the typical, "he won 3 super bowls!"

That dosen't matter anymore, we should treat Gibbs II like any other coach, you guys know damn well if coach X would have decided to kick that FG today down 16-3 you would have been ready to kill the guy.

Stop thinking this is the same Gibbs from the glory days. That Gibbs ran the offense and it was a good offense.

This Gibbs fired himself as offensive play caller, he's not the same coach, he knows it, he never would have given up play calling if he thought he was still good at it.

Odviously Gibbs dosent rest on the fact that he won 3 Super Bowls in the pass, so maybe you guys should stop.

What he said.

Then you haven't been paying attention to him talking on a headset, conferring with coach Williams, etc.

So now you know what Gibbs is saying in the head sets? Does that come with the direct tv package?

As soon as YOU thought that you had proven your point by citing the hiring of Al Saunders as offensive coordinator as a reason that Gibbs "lost his game". No other coach wants his team to win as much as coach Gibbs, and that moved solidified that notion.

Wanting to win dosen't prove that the game hasn't passed you by. If Gibbs was the same coach as he was back in the glory days Saunders wouldn't be here, thats just a fact, why you choose to ignore it I don't know.

If Gibbs doesn't have anything to do with the offense anymore, then why so much hostility on your end on him specifically? What about the ~150 yards we put up today? Fire Saunders?? Oh, wait, we already heard that BS in the preseason and weeks 1 and 2.

You odviously haven't read my post. I don't care if Gibbs stays or goes because I honestly don't think he has much to do with anything anymore. I think his decision to kick the FG today sucked, but oh well we probably wouldn't have scored a TD anyway.

You have no right to tell anybody what Gibbs "of the 80s"..."would have done". What everybody should learn, and what I learned by watching Joe Gibbs when i was 3 years old, and watching old video-taped games of "Gibbs Era I", AND looking at what he's done since 2004, is that Joe Gibbs will always do what he thinks is going to let his teams win. That is NOT the same thing as "getting old and having the game pass you by".

I really don't understand what you're trying to say here. What exactly is Gibbs doing to help the Redskins win?

Is he losing the games for us? I don't think so, I think thats a combined effort, but he's not going to win them for us either.

You can trot those 3 Super Bowl trophies out on the sidelines and have Gibbs wear his old fish net hats with his red pants like back in the 80s and early 90s and it ain't going to matter. We're not going to get a 4th Super Bowl with the way things are and if you think this team is going to get turned around to a team that can win the whole before Gibbs retires you are sadly mistaken, he's an old man and so is our QB, he's not going to stick around for the Campbell growing pains.

I put my answer in bold, not to show up but because I messed up on quoting you.

I wish he would have never come back. He is gonna ruin his legacy with this debacle he has on his hands now.

No matter how Gibbs II turns out, nothing can ever ruin what the man accomplished and brought to this area between 1981-1992 and I'm happy that he came back and has tried to bring this franchise back to it's former glory (even if he ultimately may fail).

Absolutely not Sarcasm. I love Gibbs as much as the next man but when he did not go for it on 4th and 1 when we were down as much as we were it proved to me he has lost his nerve to coach NFL football.

Time to move on.

To me he has coached scared every since he return to coaching. Sometimes you have to take chances...just like if Brunell would take a damn chance and get the ball deep!

dcoles11, you say landry and knoll got fired and didn't come back...maybe they got fired cuz the game had passed them by. As for Gibbs, he wasnt fired, he left after winning 3 super bowls at the top of the game.
Actually no he didn't. The team sucked for a couple of years and was Very inconsistent. I remember having the feeling that control was slipping from 'ol Joe's grasp as the team was more and more conservative with the formations and playcalling and less and less successful. I still think he can turn this thing around but I wouldn't sugarcoat his last few years after the SB's. The team was sucking and it felt like a sinking ship. Then nobody could get it back afloat till he came back. I still believe he can get something done but it will take a herculean effort by all.

Actually no he didn't. The team sucked for a couple of years and was Very inconsistent. I remember having the feeling that control was slipping from 'ol Joe's grasp as the team was more and more conservative with the formations and playcalling and less and less successful. I still think he can turn this thing around but I wouldn't sugarcoat his last few years after the SB's. I still believe he can get something done but it will take a herculean effort by all.

You're kidding right? either that or you don't know pooh about Redskins history. Gibbs second to last season we won the Super Bowl. His last season we lost in the NFC championship game. You really need to not speak about things that you have no knowledge about.

You're kidding right? either that or you don't know pooh about Redskins history. Gibbs second to last season we won the Super Bowl. His last season we lost in the NFC championship game. You really need to not speak about things that you have no knowledge about.

His last season we lost in the Divisional playoffs to San Francisco. The Niners in turn lost the NFC Title to Dallas.

Those in glass houses.

Well thankfully you don't own the Redskins. Look at how flawed your logic is. You're calling for Gibbs's head, true? Then you say that Gibbs doesn't do anything, true? So if Gibbs doesn't do anything, which is flat out WRONG, then how would any of this be his fault? And if it's not his fault, then why would he need to resign? Your lack of logic destroys your credibility.

Joe Gibbs is both Head Coach and President of the team, or did you forget that? He does what's best for the team. He had the 11th-ranked offense in the league last year. I don't think it exactly passed him by. 32nd? Maybe. 11th? No way in hell.

He handed off playcalling because Al Saunders knows Al Saunders's offense better than Gibbs does.

What Gibbs doubters fail to understand: Joe Gibbs cares more about this team than you, I, and every other fan past, present, or future combined. If the game had passed him by, then he would have left by now.

Like I said: Thank G-d you people aren't in the front office, or you would've called for his head when he started 0-5.

I never called for Gibbs head, I said he dosen't do anything anyway so why fire him.

Unless you wanna fire him for decisons like he made today, going for the FG late in the 3rd down 16-3.

As up and down as Saunders offense is and as bad as William's defense is now, it really dosen't matter.

Gibbs ain't going to win us or lose us any games.

And now you don't know "pooh'??? about Redskin history, they didn't lose in the NFC title game in his last season.

get some cream for that burn buddy :laugh:

His last season we lost in the Divisional playoffs to San Francisco. The Niners in turn lost the NFC Title to Dallas.

Those in glass houses.

Even so, I wouldn't say that the last couple of season as head coach Gibbs was struggling and his offense was becoming out dated.

I don't live in a glass house, I live in a very nice deluxe card board box thank you.

Campbell is the long term answer, Brunell isn't

But if you're so sure the season is lost...then it wont hurt anything to wait a few more games to be sure before you start "re-building" mode.

When there is no chance of making the playoffs, then sure...put him in.

Until then....anything can happen. 13-3? 12-4? 11-5? 10-6?

Not dead yet. But the guys are going to have to do better than that 4 quarters of the most un-inspired football I ever saw since...well, week 2.

CBS is now referring to us as "a hapless, directionless franchise"

Ouch.

You must have meant immediate success. It's only 5 games into the season and you said he should've benched Brunell. So what did you give up on the team from season's start???? You said "the decision not to bench brunell". That was past tense in how you were using it. Why ruin a season that isn't near dead yet?

Brunell hasn't been good since we got him. He can't throw deep, he's the easiest Quarterback in the league to defend against. This season isn't the first time that I think he should have gone another route. So yes, I was using past tense, but that was referring to the last three seasons, not this year only. Once again, you need to actually READ what I am writing, because it seems you are just reading the first sentance and attacking my viewpoint.

do you think that for once the COACH should call the offensive plays just to see if he

can put some LIFE back into this team???? all the good "TALK" that was sent our way

in the offseason when he hired AL SAUNDERS as the one to call the plays on offense.it

may take a YEAR OR MORE to try & figure out his "schemes" as FANS not only the players!!!!!! how can you play well in the last 2 games & then play like they did this week against a team that was on the brink of MUTINY & look as though they could not

do anything RIGHT???? could someone explain that to ME???????

Hence he brings in Saunders...coaching isn't all about X's and O's. If it was, then Norv Tuner would have about six superbowl championship rings right now. Gibbs is a master motivator, we won FIVE games in a row last year, basically out of will.

Hence he brings in Saunders...coaching isn't all about X's and O's. If it was, then Norv Tuner would have about six superbowl championship rings right now. Gibbs is a master motivator, we won FIVE games in a row last year, basically out of will.

Where was the master motivator today? Where was it against the Vikings?

Yeah and for everyone that wanted to say we lost to a damn good team in the Vikings, still think that? They aren't Packer or Texan bad but they certainly shouldn't have beat us at home. We were giving ourselves an out by claiming the Vikings were just good.

You're right, coaching isn't all x's and o's, its going for it on 4th and less than one when on your opponents 25 yard line and down by 13 points late in the game.

That was not a motovated team out there toda.

I've figured out why Gibbs went for that FG down 16-3 late in the 3rd on 4th and 1.

The spread was Redskins +5.

But Gibbs had a 7 point teaser parlay going on.

So he had us +12, the FG would have meant we were covering!

Don't kill me for this post, just trying to have some fun after this game, tired of discussing how bad we are, its depressing.

Archived