Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox "News" labels Foley as a DEM during O'Reilly Factor!

roqnap1

I didn't forget. I purposely did not include that as "option C" because I did not want people to mistake me for a mentally retarded person.

I'm sure you were saying the exact same things about CNN with the Cheney X's thing.

I don't even recall that. I'm sure if I had seen it I would have thought it was funny, though. I also wouldn't have chalked it up to a "mistake".

I suggest that the most likely scenario was an honest mistake. Similar to the honest mistake CNN made when it put X's over the screen when the Vice President of the United States was speaking.

Consider the relative number of people who saw this typo on Fox News.

1: Take the entire population of the United States

2: Take the number of those people who have TV sets

3: Take the number of people who have cable or satellite TV

4. Take the number of people who watched Fox News during that show

5. Take the number of people who get their news from no other source

6. Take the number of those people who will vote

7: Take the number of those people who will change their vote because it says "Dem" instead of "Rep"

Now consider how many emails, blogs, discussion forums, websites and radio stations that have already pointed out the Fox News mistake today.

You don't give propaganda enough credit in that assessment. Even if that "mistake" made by Fox News doesn't effectively make people think he is a Democrat, it does have the effect of associating him with certain Democratic standards and distances him from the rest of the Republican party.

The difference to me between the Cheney-x issue and the Foley D issue is this. One lasted less than a second and we've heard from tv techs that an X is standardly used as a placeholder. The Foley thing lasted much longer than a second and was not only subliminally visible but visible to everyone actively viewing.

This crap again? Midnight giving random anti-republican statements in every thread. What a shocker. You need to work on your schtick.

No, I didn't hear that about Fox News. I did hear that Fox News has tripled it's ratings in the past year. I also heard that CNN might go out of business because of Fox News. That's what I have "heard".

You're god damn right I'm anti-Republican and proud of it!

Where did you hear that anyway, from FOX news I bet. :laugh:

You're god damn right I'm anti-Republican and proud of it!

Where did you hear that anyway, from FOX news I bet. :laugh:

Just so you know that you are the left version of AFC. You add nothing to any thread other than your partisan hack one-liners. You are the worst of the worst.

And I don't even get Fox News.

I suggest that the most likely scenario was an honest mistake. Similar to the honest mistake CNN made when it put X's over the screen when the Vice President of the United States was speaking.

hehe I'm glad we can keep a sense of humour about this :)

7: Take the number of those people who will change their vote because it says "Dem" instead of "Rep"

Surely you understand just how simplistic and removed from reality this laughable mockery of a cause-and-effect relationship is.

Just so you know that you are the left version of AFC. You add nothing to any thread other than your partisan hack one-liners. You are the worst of the worst.

And I don't even get Fox News.

Aren't we getting a little defensive today? :laugh: "AFC of the left" mwahahahahahaha! You obviously don't read my posts much.

The difference to me between the Cheney-x issue and the Foley D issue is this. One lasted less than a second and we've heard from tv techs that an X is standardly used as a placeholder. The Foley thing lasted much longer than a second and was not only subliminally visible but visible to everyone actively viewing.

No, the difference is that with the Cheney "X" the republicans got the raw deal. With the Foley "D-FL" the democrats are getting the raw deal. That is the only difference and everybody who is not completed blinded by their political party understand that.

Let's see what everybody said in the the CNN Cheney X threads. Liberals first, then the conservatives.

Chomerics - photoshop anyone?

visionary - This doesn't even LOOK real....LOL

NoCalMike - leave it to Drudge.

Burgold - Personally, I would have chosen the skull and crossbones or Mr. Yuck.

E-Dog Night - (This CNN thing was confirmed shortly after E-Dog makes a fool of himself here) Posting anything from the drudge report is almost like posting something from the Weekly World News. It's right wing propaganda, pure and simple, and posting anything from it in this forum ruins your credibility.

visionary (again, and still not believing) - CNN apologized????? Because I still think it looks really wierd and more like something that was done afterwards and not on TV.

Predicto - No one here has ever seen a technical glitch on live television before?

Janitor of Fed Ex Field - The Janitor does not care about such things as this.

Cskin - This is the reason why CNN when from the media darling to lagging far behind other news outlets. A truly Liberal medium that isn't ashamed to be. Watch Wolf Blitzer, he's often giddy about anything bad happening to the Bush Administration yet finds a way to downgrade anything good.

Skinsfan44 - Well, CNN (Communist News Network) is back to their own tricks I see.

Kilmer - Im sure it was an honest mistake.

aRedskins - I wonder when CNN will reveal their 'plausible deniability" explanation? Typical CNN bias.Ah yes here it is in all it's reasonable contortions. A "technical glitch", yep that the ticket a technical glitch.

Oh, and I don't remember it, but I actually responded in that thread is as well.

Beaudry -

Here is what I don't understand about the liberals in this thread (and the usual liberal tailgate crowd): You are trying everything to deflect the issue of CNN putting a big black X over Cheney. "It looks photoshopped" -- No. If it were a photoshop, CNN wouldn't be apologizing for it and it would have never been seen on tv. "You can't trust Drudge" -- Drudge can't lie about what was on CNN and get away with it. Somebody, somewhere had CNN on Tivo and has that screen saved. Why attack the source?

This whole "X" was obviously just a mistake by some CNN computer guy. I am 99% sure that no ill intent was meant. I believe one of the right-wing apologists, Kilmer, said this at the beginning of the thread. Still, the liberals on the board can't let it go and turn it into a debate on Drudge/Newsmax/Fox.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128577&highlight=CNN+Cheney

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128505

This whole "X" was obviously just a mistake by some CNN computer guy.

I'm sure there are many possible ways to get that "X" on the screen. I am also sure that a lot of people in CNN were in position to make it happen.

It takes one politically motivated person + lack of transparency/accountability to do this.

This is the very reason why current lack of transparency in politics and Iraq is so unbelievably horribly awful for our country.

Without transparency and accountability it takes a very small number of bad apples to completely and utterly screw everything up. (this also touches on giving the Executive any kind of unchecked power)

No, I didn't hear that about Fox News. I did hear that Fox News has tripled it's ratings in the past year. I also heard that CNN might go out of business because of Fox News. That's what I have "heard".

:laugh: That is because it is what Fox news WANTS you to hear :laugh:

Seriously, you can't defend this action, as it happened a NUMBER of times during the brodcast, and they ALSO never mentioned republican next to his name. Coincidence? I think not.

Fox news is nothing more than a propaganda channel and Goebbles would be proud. The mere fact that you actually said you heard Fox News' ratings tripled the past year is testament that the propaganda works. . .

Like I said before. . . Fair and Balanced my arse. . .

Aug. 2006 #'s: Total Viewers Aug. 2005 vs Aug 2006

Total day:

FOX - Aug 2005 -- 1,001,000 -- Aug 2006 -- 933,000 - 7% drop

CNN - Aug 2005 -- 433,000 -- Aug 2006 -- 584,000 - 35% increase

MSNBC - Aug 2005 -- 220,000 -- Aug 2006 -- 277,000 - 26% increase

Primetime:

FOX - Aug 2005 -- 2,093,000 -- Aug 2006 -- 1,511,000 - 28% drop

CNN - Aug 2005 -- 748,000 -- Aug 2006 -- 902,000 - 21% increase

MSNBC - Aug 2005 -- 349,000 -- Aug 2006 -- 371,000 - 6% increase

www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/ratings/aug_s_total_viewers_vs_aug_2005_42895.asp

:laugh: That is because it is what Fox news WANTS you to hear :laugh:

Seriously, you can't defend this action, as it happened a NUMBER of times during the brodcast, and they ALSO never mentioned republican next to his name. Coincidence? I think not.

Fox news is nothing more than a propaganda channel and Goebbles would be proud. The mere fact that you actually said you heard Fox News' ratings tripled the past year is testament that the propaganda works. . .

Like I said before. . . Fair and Balanced my arse. . .

I was joking about the ratings. I said that because Midnight Judges just randomly says "Fox News ratings are in the tank" without actually backing it up with anything.

CNN puts an X over Cheney's head and your response was? "photoshop anyone?" Then you tried to change the subject by blasting Druge & Fox News.

You are not fair and balanced.

Let's see what everybody said in the the CNN Cheney X threads. Liberals first, then the conservatives.

Chomerics - photoshop anyone?

visionary - This doesn't even LOOK real....LOL

NoCalMike - leave it to Drudge.

Burgold - Personally, I would have chosen the skull and crossbones or Mr. Yuck.

E-Dog Night - (This CNN thing was confirmed shortly after E-Dog makes a fool of himself here) Posting anything from the drudge report is almost like posting something from the Weekly World News. It's right wing propaganda, pure and simple, and posting anything from it in this forum ruins your credibility.

visionary (again, and still not believing) - CNN apologized????? Because I still think it looks really wierd and more like something that was done afterwards and not on TV.

Predicto - No one here has ever seen a technical glitch on live television before?

Janitor of Fed Ex Field - The Janitor does not care about such things as this.

Cskin - This is the reason why CNN when from the media darling to lagging far behind other news outlets. A truly Liberal medium that isn't ashamed to be. Watch Wolf Blitzer, he's often giddy about anything bad happening to the Bush Administration yet finds a way to downgrade anything good.

Skinsfan44 - Well, CNN (Communist News Network) is back to their own tricks I see.

Kilmer - Im sure it was an honest mistake.

aRedskins - I wonder when CNN will reveal their 'plausible deniability" explanation? Typical CNN bias.Ah yes here it is in all it's reasonable contortions. A "technical glitch", yep that the ticket a technical glitch.

Oh, and I don't remember it, but I actually responded in that thread is as well.

Beaudry -

Here is what I don't understand about the liberals in this thread (and the usual liberal tailgate crowd): You are trying everything to deflect the issue of CNN putting a big black X over Cheney. "It looks photoshopped" -- No. If it were a photoshop, CNN wouldn't be apologizing for it and it would have never been seen on tv. "You can't trust Drudge" -- Drudge can't lie about what was on CNN and get away with it. Somebody, somewhere had CNN on Tivo and has that screen saved. Why attack the source?

This whole "X" was obviously just a mistake by some CNN computer guy. I am 99% sure that no ill intent was meant. I believe one of the right-wing apologists, Kilmer, said this at the beginning of the thread. Still, the liberals on the board can't let it go and turn it into a debate on Drudge/Newsmax/Fox.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128577&highlight=CNN+Cheney

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128505

Oh my....someone's really taken this gay pedophile alcoholic metally ill republican thing hard :laugh:

I was joking about the ratings. I said that because Midnight Judges just randomly says "Fox News ratings are in the tank" without actually backing it up with anything.

CNN puts an X over Cheney's head and your response was? "photoshop anyone?" Then you tried to change the subject by blasting Druge & Fox News.

You are not fair and balanced.

Kidding? Really? It sure didn't sound like you were kidding. In fact, it looks like you foolishly trusted a falsehood perpetuated by FOX news and their cronies and now you are trying to save face by pretending you were kidding (isn't that the same tactic you just accused Chom of using? Projection anyone? :D ).

No, I didn't hear that about Fox News. I did hear that Fox News has tripled it's ratings in the past year. I also heard that CNN might go out of business because of Fox News. That's what I have "heard

:rotflmao:

Archived