Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pet peeve about "Hail to the Redskins" at the Games...

mcarey032

We need to get rid of the Filthy Four. They are bad memories from the Norv era. Please, Please get rid of them

That's all in your head man. The Funky Four are the nicest guys you will ever meet. And they get the crowd pumped up. Sorry you're not feeling it- maybe go get a beer or something?

Run or pass and score -- we want a lot more!

I realize these are the "official" lyrics now but I seem to remember, as recently as the early '70s, that it went "Run or pass and score - we want heap more".

I'm guessing the P.C. police did their editing.

Blasphemy!

Hail to the Redskins!

Hail Victory!

Braves on the Warpath!

Fight for old D.C.!

Beat 'em, Swamp 'em,

Touchdown! -- Let the points soar!

Fight on, fight on 'Til you have won

Sons of Wash-ing-ton. Rah!, Rah!, Rah!

Hail to the Redskins!

Hail Victory!

Braves on the Warpath!

Fight for old D.C.!

Rah! Rah! Rah!?!

I always yelled "Fight! Fight! Fight!"

That's all in your head man. The Funky Four are the nicest guys you will ever meet. And they get the crowd pumped up. Sorry you're not feeling it- maybe go get a beer or something?

I'm sure they are great guys, my point is, they bring back bad mems of the NORV era. Everyone in my section was saying the same thing. Plus, that song is BEAT

jk- I'm just happy to have been part of this board for so long and to be part of the only marching band in the NFL. (Sorry, the Ravens' band sucks)

Enjoy the ride. The Redskins are going to win the Superbowl this year.

Now there is a real fan, take note, boat jumpers.

I sat by the tunnel with the Hogettes. The funky 4 were only out there once. The TV timeouts are mandated.....so no chance of a change there.

I actually thought everyone was really into the song......and all that I saw were enunciating the words quite nicely.

Blondie

so YOU were the babe up there in the jersey with the hogettes. :notworthy

like a rose among thorns. :D

The Funky Four means well, and it was funny the first 5 times I saw it. But now 40 times later has totally played out their act. At least change the song game to game.

Well, not everyone in the stadium is season tickets holders. Just kick back and enjoy it or get a beer man- they're just doing what are asked of them. Some people really like it, so just relax and let people enjoy it. It's all good in the hood.

I loved the fact that there was a point in the second half, I think it was at the break between the 3rd and 4th quarter, where the band suddenly played HTTR and kept the MO going without the prompt of a score.

Loved the energy from the crowd all night...

I hate the funky four, they are stupid. I would rather them have a tee shirt launch giveaway or something fun. And the wave sucks also. Its stupid, if your going to do it, do it on defense, dont distract the offense. :dallasuck:eaglesuck:gaintsuck

If you don't know the words, then buy the sweater from the Redskins store. :laugh:

K717EA7.jpg

Sounds easy, but the words are on your BACK !! Do you just wear the shirt backwards and then look down? Maybe they should make the shirt a little more "fan friendly" for those that don't know the words: on the front AND upside down so you can read it.

I agree, personally I expected the funky four to be a novelty that would have faded away by now.

>> They aren't going away. They are a clever disguise for a FedEx commercial, just like the "Get well hit of the game", "Show us your smile", and all the other non-stop ads Snyder shoves down our throat from the time we walk into the stadium until we leave. I am waiting for the day when we have the Budweiser drunken fan of the game. Winner gets a free ride home or to the hospital. :rolleyes:

I can remember in RFK they used to announce scores of other games. I know they show scores of the other games, but it was fun to cheer when it was announced the Cowboys were losing (or had lost) and boo if they were winning.

Blasphemy!

Hail to the Redskins!

Hail Victory!

Braves on the Warpath!

Fight for old D.C.!

Beat 'em, Swamp 'em,

Touchdown! -- Let the points soar!

Fight on, fight on 'Til you have won

Sons of Wash-ing-ton. Rah!, Rah!, Rah!

Hail to the Redskins!

Hail Victory!

Braves on the Warpath!

Fight for old D.C.!

Beat me to it:cheers:

Archived