Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pet peeve about "Hail to the Redskins" at the Games...

mcarey032

I was at the Jacksonville game on Sunday and it was probably the top five games that I have ever been to. It is always great to sing "Hail to the Redskins" after a touchdown. I understand it is sort of hard to get into after a field goal, however, I have noticed as did my friend that it seems like they are breezing through the song and they don't really anunciate the song when it is sung. I really enjoy singing it and I think also it indoctrinates new fans who have never been to a redskins game. I know that there are tv timeouts and time restrictions, but I would settle for a little less funky four time or less commercials than having it cut into hail to the redskins. It is a staple and one of the few places in the NFL that has a band playing a fight song in professional football. I do hope that this changes. How do you all feel about this? I know that it is rather inconsequential, but this thread does say peeve.

I still don't know most of the words, but I sing it anyways

Blasphemy!

Hail to the Redskins!

Hail Victory!

Braves on the Warpath!

Fight for old D.C.!

Run or pass and score -- we want a lot more!

Beat 'em, Swamp 'em,

Touchdown! -- Let the points soar!

Fight on, fight on 'Til you have won

Sons of Wash-ing-ton. Rah!, Rah!, Rah!

Hail to the Redskins!

Hail Victory!

Braves on the Warpath!

Fight for old D.C.!

I always sing the song after scores and I like to sing it, I did at the game. I really dont understand the funky four though, every game it seems like they do the same thing.

I agree, personally I expected the funky four to be a novelty that would have faded away by now.

That's crap. I live in San Diego and never went to that many games even when I was back home in Maryland, but I always remembered hearing it through the TV everytime we scored and it's just. I still sing it in whatever sports bar I watch the game at. Just this past weekend, my brother, another random Redskins fan, and I all sang it as loud as we could everytime we scored.

(FYI- I'm in the Redskins band)

We do a short version after field goals and a longer version after touchdowns. If it were a game clinching field goal, rest assured we'd do the long version. With Saunders' offense clicking now, be prepared to sing the long version.

Also, I would add that it gives us more of a home field advantage. I just think that it is disappointing to see how it once was and now how it is.

It's the same now as it has always been. Sorry you remember something different. Hang on to that. :)

We do a short version after field goals and a longer version after touchdowns. If it were a game clinching field goal, rest assured we'd do the long version. With Saunders' offense clicking now, be prepared to sing the long version.

It's the same now as it has always been. Sorry you remember something different. Hang on to that. :)

That's awesome that you're in the band. Continue the good work!

Soooooooo, technically you are in the Pro Football Hall of Fame! That's intense. You should get your own avatar for that!

If you don't know the song, you aren't a Redskins fan.:D j/k That's like saying I'm catholic, but I don't know the hail Mary's. To all of you that don't know the song, learn it...at least learn the first and last part I can deal with that :laugh: I love the band, and I don't mind the Funky Four they're cool and funny.

HTTR!

I always sing the song after scores and I like to sing it, I did at the game. I really dont understand the funky four though, every game it seems like they do the same thing.

they were cool in 1999!

although this weekend they seemed to get more cheers than usual...definitely need to change things up or just stop though

Soooooooo, technically you are in the Pro Football Hall of Fame! That's intense. You should get your own avatar for that!

Now you're onto something....ahem, Art? Om?

jk- I'm just happy to have been part of this board for so long and to be part of the only marching band in the NFL. (Sorry, the Ravens' band sucks)

Enjoy the ride. The Redskins are going to win the Superbowl this year.

I was at the Jacksonville game on Sunday and it was probably the top five games that I have ever been to. It is always great to sing "Hail to the Redskins" after a touchdown. I understand it is sort of hard to get into after a field goal, however, I have noticed as did my friend that it seems like they are breezing through the song and they don't really anunciate the song when it is sung. I really enjoy singing it and I think also it indoctrinates new fans who have never been to a redskins game. I know that there are tv timeouts and time restrictions, but I would settle for a little less funky four time or less commercials than having it cut into hail to the redskins. It is a staple and one of the few places in the NFL that has a band playing a fight song in professional football. I do hope that this changes. How do you all feel about this? I know that it is rather inconsequential, but this thread does say peeve.

I sat by the tunnel with the Hogettes. The funky 4 were only out there once. The TV timeouts are mandated.....so no chance of a change there.

I actually thought everyone was really into the song......and all that I saw were enunciating the words quite nicely.

Blondie

Archived