Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pet peeve about "Hail to the Redskins" at the Games...

mcarey032

The Redskins considered themselves to be the team of the south back then. Thanks to their radio network, most of the southern population got the skins games on the radio.

I know why the lyrics are there. I was merely stating an opinion as to my likes and dislikes of them.

I can remember in RFK they used to announce scores of other games. I know they show scores of the other games, but it was fun to cheer when it was announced the Cowboys were losing (or had lost) and boo if they were winning.

:dallasuck Last season at the Giants game they announced the Dallas score over the loud speaker cuz they were losing and we cheered. Unfortunately I never got the chance to expericence RFK so I didnt know it used to be a regular thing.

It amazes me that so many people have different versions of the words to HTTR. I learned the words that are posted by Duncan. That is the only version I have ever known. I think you guys make things up.

I know there are a lot of odd things muttered by fans outide of the well know HTTR chorus, but there are 2 correct versions of the song. One is the PC version posted by Duncan and the other is the original.

Original Version: LINK

Hail to the Redskins!

Hail Victory!

Braves on the Warpath!

Fight for old Dixie!

Run or pass and score -- we want a lot more!

Scalp 'em, swamp 'em -- We will take 'em big score

Read 'em, weep 'em, touchdown - we want heap more

Fight on, Fight on -- 'Till you have won

Sons of Wash-ing-ton. Rah!, Rah!, Rah!

Archived