Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Women can now travel inside of bus. Homosexuals no longer have to wear blue hats.

twenty-eight

September 28, 2006 28bora.300.jpg

NY TIMES

Kazakhs Shrug at ‘Borat’ While the State Fumes

By STEVEN LEE MYERS

ASTANA, Kazakhstan, Sept. 26 — There is no Running of the Jews here. No one greets you with the expression “Jagshemash,” which is either nonsense, garbled Polish or mangled Czech; it’s hard to say. The country’s national drink is not made from horse urine, though fermented horse milk, or kumys, is considered a delicacy. (It tastes like effervescent yogurt.)

There is almost nothing, in short, remotely truthful in the satiric depiction of Kazakhstan popularized by Sacha Baron Cohen, the British comedian who plays a bumbling, boorish, anti-Semitic, homophobic and misogynistic Kazakh television reporter named Borat Sagdiyev.

And yet Borat — Mr. Cohen, that is — has managed to infuriate and confound the country’s officials. Their attempts to respond, to set the record straight, have resulted only in more attention here, where Borat’s antics, shown on British and American television and on the Internet, now make the rounds like samizdat from the long-gone days when the country was part of the Soviet Union.

“You mean Ali G?” Artyom Artyukhov, an 18-year-old student, said in a sleek new coffeehouse in Almaty, the country’s commercial center, referring to Mr. Cohen’s “Ali G Show,” where Borat first emerged to haunt this proud, prickly Central Asian nation. “A friend from the United States brought me a disc.”

Now Mr. Cohen has a feature-length film, opening Nov. 3 in the United States, called “Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan,” with a title as malapropos as Borat’s sendup of Kazakhstan as a backward land of poverty, prostitution and bigotry.

Rest of Article

Okay, uh, guys? Mass_SkinsFan has stated he lacks a sense of humor. He's just being true to who he is.

As for Borat; FREAKING HILARIOUS!!! He's going to be in Georgetown tonight. I'm heading down there to see if he pulls any antics. I'm praying he stops by the waterfront, but it might be too cold.

My wife, she is scared of men with chocolate face, there won’t be any around here?

"I am very strong physique and I can hold a very large woman down for 3 hours...I am strong, I can throw rock at a gypsy from 15 metres. 10 metre if I am chained up."

"We say in Kazakhstan, "You find me woman with brain, I find you a horse with...Wings."

"There is land of opportunities in US of A. For man, construction work, taxi driving and accountancy. For woman, as a prostitute."

Okay, uh, guys? Mass_SkinsFan has stated he lacks a sense of humor. He's just being true to who he is.

My question would be that if the lack of humor is pre-stated and known, what is the purpose of basically pissing on the party in here?

Knowing from the outset you won't enjoy it, I can't think of any reason to even read this thread, much less make sure everyone knows how much you don't like it

I mean , Mass, if you're as "serious as a heart attack".. why waste any time at all with this frivolity?

I think you need to get laid.

Count me in for the Borat movie.

~Bang

Archived