Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

To All of Those That Want Brunell Out. You're Waisting Your Time.

LoudMouth12thMan

Thought I'd give you some perspective on why these sigs' that say "The Future is Now! [slash through Brunells team photo] are an indication that you are pissing in the wind.

I pose this question: Do you not realize that if Brunell and co. perform well on Sunday and have a good showing [they have to win first obviously] that all the doubt and talk about sitting Brunell is likely to stop for a while? In addition, If in fact this team goes into FedEx with momentum and we defeat the Jags the talk will more than likely cease indefinitely. I'm not predicting anything, but I am saying that the likelihood that there will be a qb change this season is very slim based on the fact that Brunell will probably have a strong showing against the leagues worst defense. Your efforts in supporting a qb change are therefore moot.

Everyone is entitiled to their opinion and I respect that. However, It seems to me that those who are calling for Brunell's head are waisting their time based on the probablity that Brunell will perform well against the Texans and against his former team at home. Why will he perform well when he has shown no signs of improvement in the last two games you might ask? I'll answer that:

As many, including myself, have mentioned in previous threads, Portis is healthy and he will add the needed dimension to our team to force teams to play the run. If you doubt that, that's fine but numbers don't lie. With Clinton in the game, it forces teams to put more people in the box. Remember Clinton averaged 4 yards per carry against the Vikes with 10 carries and a TD. You don't think those are good numbers against that front 7? But LoudMouth what about the Jags front 7? They are stout and very agressive, no doubt. Let's say Clinton doesn't have a stellar game running the ball against the Jags. If they play their safeties back like they did against the Steelers Monday night how does that differ from our situation against the Vikes? Clinton Portis is the answer. How many times did you see him in pass pro' in week one? Never! That's right I don't think he was in pass pro' at all. Why? Because of his shoulder. The job [against the Vikes and the Cowboys] was given to Betts, and we might as well call him "Mr. Wiffer." On one particular play [in week one] in the red zone Clinton's route was designed for him to run to the flat, but Betts completely wiffed on his pass pro' assignment and Portis tried to help on his way out but to no avail. End result: a drive stalled and a field goal inside the 20 yard line. Portis is the answer. He does it all, and this staff knows that he has to be in the game a bunch in order for us to win. Duck stinks right now in pass pro' and so do all the rest of our backs. I'm not sure if it's lack of system comprehension or what, but I feel that Portis knows this part of the game a whole lot better than many Backs in this league. He loves to put a hat on somebody [even if his agressive nature gets him injured in preseason :( ]. What does this mean for Mark? Confidence to stand in the pocket and deliver the ball. Portis has always been Mark's security blanket and you can tell that he isn't the same without CP back in pass pro'. Take this for what it's worth, I'm no expert. I do think that it is extremely relevant to our struggles as of late though.

Things are looking up for this team with regard to having our key guys back in the action in the next two weeks. Portis will play Sunday and Springs will likey be back next week barring any major setback. Springs' pull in practice was said to be minor and not related to his surgery. That's good news with regard to having him back next week. You will see a different team in the next two weeks, and that will probably translate into some momentum for the next few games. Find a new sig' guys because this staff isn't benching Brunell, and this week is only going to help in their efforts to proving that he is the man for the job.

just try being a fan for a minute. We all know we are wasting our time. It is nothing personal. it comes off when he has a good game, duh. Using your line of thinking, if Brunell doesnt have a good game this week, there are really no excuses, (Portis back, more time in the system, etc) and the sig stays.

I cannot sit here and say he is playing well at the moment. Everyone knows the backup QB is the most popular player on the team, especially with such high hopes for our team.

because this team is not a democracy run by the fans, of course most of our opinions are moot. I am actaully now having fun watching you sheep get pissed off :laugh:

I hope what you say is true. But just like your predicitons, let me add one of my own. Brunell will continue to stink up the joint just before a career ending hit. In comes Campbell and we destroy everyone on our schedule. Take that to the bank. Brunell forever sucks ass.

I have no doubt that Brunell will do just well enough against the Texans to keep his job. Then again I don't think he'd be replaced even if he did poorly.

No matter what happens though, I still want him benched. I don't think he is consistently good enough to trust him to do any more then not screw up too badly. I want a QB that wins games for the Redskins as oppose to one who viewed as a hero for not screwing up.

Brunell is our quarterback until he is injured, or starts turning the ball over frequently.

Gibbs hates turnovers. If Campbell gets to the point in practice where Gibbs feels comfortable that he is reading the defense well enough not to throw interceptions, he may get a chance.

Turnovers will kill you. You play the field position game. Three and out, then a punt is much better than an interception.

Despite what a lot of people are saying about Brunell, he is a smart quarterback. He will take the sack or throw the ball away rather than try to force a completion. Young quarterbacks feel they have to make a play every snap and tend to make ill-advised throws.

But what if he sucks Sun.?

Then you will hear everyone talk about how the 'team' needs to come together. I've been asking myself that same question since about 10 minutes after the loss to Dallas. What if Brunell goes out there and lays another egg? Then what? I think that's when you will see Gibbs step in and quietly things will start to change. I don't thing that the skins will abandon everything they've been working on in the offseason with Saunders but I think there will have to be a lot of changes and Gibbs is the Head coach of this football team.

...Brunell will perform well against the Texans and against his former team at home. Why will he perform well when he has shown no signs of improvement in the last two games you might ask?

BECAUSE HE'S DUE!

Find a new sig' guys because this staff isn't benching Brunell, and this week is only going to help in their efforts to proving that he is the man for the job.

Who knows, he could very well possibly be because, even if we lose about 5 or 6 games after the Texans and Titans, it's not his fault. :rolleyes:

people!

thru the first 12 possesions on sunday. we had 3 first downs, two from penalty's. then half way thru the fourth quarter, we get some momentum and move the ball into field goal range. and what happens. brunel gets sacked for a loss of 11 yrds and now, we are out of feildgoal range.

we can not wait till the 4th quarter to start egtting first downs. somebody needs to step up. and it all starts with the guy that has the ball in his hands every down of offense.

sbb

Turnovers will kill you. You play the field position game. Three and out, then a punt is much better than an interception.

Actually, 60 yards of passing through three real quarters of play kills you much more quickly than 200 yards, 2 TDs and 1 pick would.

Not moving the ball AT ALL kills your defense and leads to points for the opponent. In fact, I'd argue that the occasional pick is far less harmful than a dozen straight 3 and outs.

If Brunell doesn't do well against the Texans even in a win the fans at Fed Ex will boo him on every incompletion against the Jags, just like they did in 04 against the bengals

He better improve, because if he doesn't, leave your family at home on the 1st of October Mr Brunell

The Jags will blitz the crap out of Brunell. He probably will not pass for 100yards against them. Well 100 yards is actually pretty good for MB.

Not if we establish the run early.

Jacksonville has some killers up front, but with Portis running outside, they might ease up a bit, giving Mark some more time when he throws.

But, that is easier said than done, and we can only hope for the best.

What if he doesnt?

If he plays great, so what. He has shown that he cannot have a full season of consistent play. I think we will get on a run too, but so what, he can't do it consistently. Also won't prove that Campbell or Collins wouldn't have had a good game against the Texans either. Nothing can be proven. I agree that we are wasting our time, Gibbs will sit him when he is ready. So here's to winning despite our QB. :cheers:

Even if it is true Brunell will never be benched, that will not keep me from criticizing his play. Our points could be moot and I know that the Skins org. is not a democracy, but what I do know is that if the Skins let their season go down the tubes because of Brunell, then every skins fan who has ever put a red cent into this organization should be outright outraged.

But what if he sucks Sun.?

If Brunell lays another egg this Sunday, there will be no excuses left.

I like him a lot, and I fully support him, but with one of the best runners in the league back, more time to learn the playbook, and against a not-so-great team, he has got to be able to produce.

If not, I will be hoping Campbell will replace him, but I do hope Mark does great, and he is the one to lead this team to Miami.

every skins fan who has ever put a red cent into this organization should be outright outraged.

I know you don't mean this in the way I am going to break it down (or at least I hope not), but it is a good line to use.

Is this why people are outraged? Because money is being spent by them for a struggling team? I see this posted quite a bit, that people can ***** or whatever because they spent money for Redskins tickets or gear....

It HAS NEVER and WILL NEVER mean a damned thing on how much I spend on the SKins.

I am NEVER going to use that as an excuse to be mad. It IS about passion for this team, and the want for a Super Bowl.

Yeah, I throw things when we lose, yes, I even hit a guy last week after talking crap after the Dallas game, but will I ever ***** that my money is being misspent? Hell no.

Because as a fan, it isn't about that. It is about YOUR team and living and dying with them every week.

:rant:

if he plays better..... if he doesnt, but what if he does......blah blah blah..

People wake the F up. The man is 36 YRs oLD. THis guy regardless what he does this yr isnt gonna get any better. This freakin lefty makes me sick. his demeanor, the way he carries himself, the way he smiles after we lose and the way he indirectly blames the running game and saying " we can do better" he always says " we"

listen man, the guy isnt gonna take us to the Super bowl and thats the bottom line. Will he have last burst of energy and takes us to the playoffs this yr? who gives a damn. the guy has no incentive to get any better because the best he can do isnt good enough to win a Super bowl.

Archived