Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

To regain our trust and support

Skins4me

I've thought long and hard about the benching of Brunell and what it would take for me to believe in him again as Coach Gibbs does. It's very simple, first he must clearly win against the Texans. It has been a while since we beat an AFC team so getting that monkey off our back will help. Second, he must torch his old team at home in front of the disgruntled Skins fans. If he can accomplish these two things in the next two weeks then he will have regained my trust and support, as well as many others that are rightfully upset. Being 2-2 will have us all thinking 14-2 and playoffs again!

THIS scenario is very possible! We SHOULD easily beat the Texans then we will host Jacksonville who will either be 3-0 coming off 2 HUGE wins and could show up complacent after beating their division rival Colts OR they could be coming off a loss to their division rival Colts and feeling a sense of let down. In any event, I see that them not coming inot the game with us with as much intensity as one might think.

Their defense is of course pretty awesome as we all saw th eother night vs Pittsburgh. But defenses are riled up by the home crowd, which of course they will not have.

Their offense still leaves alot to be desired...much like ours I guess.

Th edifference as I see it will be the home crowd...although the noise level for the opener was unbelieveable, as I was in section 102 and lost my voice.

I say we beat Houston 31-13

Then we beat Jacksonville 20-16

Then it's 2-2 and off to the Meadowlands...we might want to leave Brunell at home for that one. lol

I think the likely scenario, if we even win in Houston, is that we beat Houston 16-10 or 20-17 and lose to Jax at home with Brunell finally getting yanked.

That is, of course, unless Portis comes back and lights it up which could give the impression that Brunell is capable again since he will only have to pass 15-20 times in favorable situations for us to win. But I find it difficult to believe that Portis can singlehandedly take over a game against the Jax defense.

THIS scenario is very possible! We SHOULD easily beat the Texans then we will host Jacksonville who will either be 3-0 coming off 2 HUGE wins and could show up complacent after beating their division rival Colts OR they could be coming off a loss to their division rival Colts and feeling a sense of let down. In any event, I see that them not coming inot the game with us with as much intensity as one might think.

Their defense is of course pretty awesome as we all saw th eother night vs Pittsburgh. But defenses are riled up by the home crowd, which of course they will not have.

Their offense still leaves alot to be desired...much like ours I guess.

Th edifference as I see it will be the home crowd...although the noise level for the opener was unbelieveable, as I was in section 102 and lost my voice.

I say we beat Houston 31-13

Then we beat Jacksonville 20-16

Then it's 2-2 and off to the Meadowlands...we might want to leave Brunell at home for that one. lol

It should be apparent that we are no longer favorites in any game, remember the Browns in 04. This game reminds me of that!!

To truly believe MB is having a resurgence I would like to see a GREAT performance against Houston, even though I dont think it would mean much.

I truly believe the Jax game will be the deciding game. Their D is exceptional and no matter what people say that they didn't score but 9 points against the Steelers but they moved the chains when it counted and Fred Taylor is looking very good early.

If we can beat Jax then I believe we have a chance if we lose then I just don't see much upside.

This is my fear. We will win agains the Texans because they just about have the most pathetic OL and our D will dominate. Then our offense will make some plays against one of the most pathetic defenses and this will buy Brunell another 2 starts which we will loose until we play the Titans which once again may win and buy him 2 or 3 more starts. You guys get my drift? I would love nothing more to put these two games behind us (and his pathetic showing in the last 5 games last year) and have the team take off. However I just don't see it happening.

On the otherhand if we pull a Browns type of game like we did in 04 then if Brunell starts against the Jags I will be very pissed off.

Archived