Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN's Trey Wingo gives Skins some love.

ConcordNCSkinsFan

Trey Wingo from ESPN was on "The Morning Sports Page Show" on WFNZ in Charlotte,NC. He was talking about the NFL in general and one of the hosts asked him about the Redskins. He said that although many of his fellow analysts at ESPN are down on the Redskins he thought they would win the division and mentioned how much Offensive firepower he thought the team had. I wonder if he actually gives the team this much love when he's on the air. Still it's nice to see that not every Media Talking Head gets caught up in how a team is playing in Garbage Preseason Games. If you read too much into the preseason you would think the undeafeated Oakland Raiders would be world beaters this season. The same team so desperate that they allowed Jeff George back on an NFL team.

If you read too much into the preseason you would think the undeafeated Oakland Raiders would be world beaters this season. The same team so desperate that they allowed Jeff George back on an NFL team.

I don't think picking up Jeff George is desperate. If they like him, they like him. He's going to be a backup anyway.

Wouldnt have expected that from Wingo. Ive began to hate him on NFL Live because he goes along so much there with the front runners pimping TO and the Cowboys. It seems like he mentions TO randomly throughout the show. Interesting to hear his real thoughts though.

Well that's good to hear. I really don't watch ESPN anymore because I got so sick of Berman & can't stand the analyst they have there. Maybe I'll tune in a little more now. Still ESPN just blows. I wish there was a way to not watch the NBC broadcast too. I don't wanna support anything Peter King does. Has anyone heard how his fact finding mission about Art Monk is going?

I'll take it. Wingo is a diehard cowboys fan. I think he has T.O. bedsheets. He's actually pretty knowlegable about the NFC East though. On a side note, what the hell is Stink's problem with the Skins? Did the front office do him wrong or something cause he is a Denver cheerleader and a Redskins HATER. As far as I'm concerned he never wore the burgandy and gold. Redskin for Life card removed.

Well that's good to hear. I really don't watch ESPN anymore because I got so sick of Berman & can't stand the analyst they have there. Maybe I'll tune in a little more now. Still ESPN just blows. I wish there was a way to not watch the NBC broadcast too. I don't wanna support anything Peter King does. Has anyone heard how his fact finding mission about Art Monk is going?

I have a feeling King's fact finding mission on Art Monk is going to end up like O.J.'s hunt for "the real killers"...a lot of golf, a few apperances in front of the media, and he's just going to slowly let it fadddde away. :mad: Peter King sips that Redskins HATERADE, don't let him fool you. If he does grudgingly let Monk get in one day in the distant future it will only be a move to save face so he can regain some credibility. What a tool. :jerk:

I don't think picking up Jeff George is desperate. If they like him, they like him. He's going to be a backup anyway.

nah, its desperate. its jeff george for Gods sake. the raiders franchise will always be in desperation mode as long as al davis owns the team.

That's good you brought up the Oakland Raiders in your thread they are undefeated does that mean will they be a good team in the reg. season . My opinion is no they will not be they will struggle to get .500. But of course the chicken littles will argue that and say the Raiders are a great team they are undefeated in the pre-season :rolleyes: :doh:

Actually last night on NFL LIVE, Salsbury also said don't count the Redskins and the offense out cause Lloyd and ARE were going to help Brunell even if he is on the decline

Salusbury learned the hard way last season he's a believer now :laugh:

Salusbury learned the hard way last season he's a believer now :laugh:
There will be more by the time the season is done. And Wingo has surprised me with positive comments about the skins in the past. Wasn't it him that was interviewing JG when the coach asked him to bring out Salisbury for a couple questions about why Salisbury didn't hike naked to DC when he said that's what he'd do if the Redskins made the playoffs?

There will be more by the time the season is done. And Wingo has surprised me with positive comments about the skins in the past. Wasn't it him that was interviewing JG when the coach asked him to bring out Salisbury for a couple questions about why Salisbury didn't hike naked to DC when he said that's what he'd do if the Redskins made the playoffs?

I think it was Wingo that interviewed JG .

Isn't Wingo from the DC area? That could be why.

The same team so desperate that they allowed Jeff George back on an NFL team.

Jeff George's best years were when he threw the ball to Randy Moss, who has bad mouthed Aaron Brooks since the first day the QB got to Oakland. If Moss comes to the team begging for them to get George involved - what does it hurt bringing him in? If he can't make the cut, you've tried to smooth things over with Moss. And if it does work, you found a cheap fix to help your offense. If Brooks was Brady or McNabb we wouldn't be having this debate. But he's Aaron Brooks. A guy who has been out of football for a couple years can still be as effective as him.

Wingo is not a 'Skins basher. I've found him to be more insightful than most about what the coaches are trying to do there, which is to say that he's not panicking about our preseason like other, more superficially oriented "analysts" are.

Trey Wingo from ESPN was on "The Morning Sports Page Show" on WFNZ in Charlotte,NC. He was talking about the NFL in general and one of the hosts asked him about the Redskins. He said that although many of his fellow analysts at ESPN are down on the Redskins he thought they would win the division and mentioned how much Offensive firepower he thought the team had. I wonder if he actually gives the team this much love when he's on the air. Still it's nice to see that not every Media Talking Head gets caught up in how a team is playing in Garbage Preseason Games. If you read too much into the preseason you would think the undeafeated Oakland Raiders would be world beaters this season. The same team so desperate that they allowed Jeff George back on an NFL team.
I do not allow myself to be swayed by the opinions of those that constantly express the demise of "MY TEAM" !!

Trey Wingos' comments were well received by me however, my belief comes from the "talent, character and coaching that we possess. Anything else, is "NULL AND VOID"

I heard Trey Wingo is actually a redskin fan

:D

He has been "espnized"...so his Love for the Cowboys is hidden. I honestly had no idea who his team was then Mike and Mike were harping on him for being a Cowboy Fan.

Scott Van Pelt is a Big Redskins Fan and isnt afraid to show it when standing in on espn radio.

Archived