Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN's Trey Wingo gives Skins some love.

ConcordNCSkinsFan

:D

He has been "espnized"...so his Love for the Cowboys is hidden. I honestly had no idea who his team was then Mike and Mike were harping on him for being a Cowboy Fan.

Scott Van Pelt is a Big Redskins Fan and isnt afraid to show it when standing in on espn radio.

Ok, unlike Wingo, I KNOW that Van Pelt is from the DC area.

The serious Cowboys fans have much respect for Joe Gibbs. I've often wondered whether that arose, at least in part, from the fact that Gibbs is a devout Christian and Dallas is in the Bible Belt and so they see a kindred spirit on that level and appreciate what he's trying to do when he builds a winning team with character. Whatever the reason, I've found that that respect is there.

Now, by "serious Cowboys fans" I don't mean the bandwagon fans who break out the blue jacket with the star only before they expect a winning season.

The serious Cowboys fans have much respect for Joe Gibbs. I've often wondered whether that arose, at least in part, from the fact that Gibbs is a devout Christian and Dallas is in the Bible Belt and so they see a kindred spirit on that level and appreciate what he's trying to do when he builds a winning team with character. Whatever the reason, I've found that that respect is there.

Now, by "serious Cowboys fans" I don't mean the bandwagon fans who break out the blue jacket with the star only before they expect a winning season.

No, I think that part of the respect comes from old school Cowboy fans, who saw Gibbs' first tenure where he owned Tom Landry.

As far as their bandwagon faction, every team has a group that crawls from the woodwork. The only difference is that Cowboy bandwagoners like to arrive with style. And by style, I mean both T-tops off the '79 Z28.

Isn't Wingo from the DC area? That could be why.

I heard Wingo yesterday on the Colin Cowherd show. He is from Grenwich, CT, Herd was busting his balls about his real first name. If it means anything he said the 'Skins would win 11 games and the division.:logo:

Listen guys. The critisism of the skins is legit I think. No matter how often or how loud it has been said on here: IT IS NOT THE WINS AND LOSSES THAT ARE OF CONCERN. It's the basics like blocking or tackling or scoring a point by our first teamers. It's the offense gelling against vanilla defenses. We have been to the play offs one time in how long? We are not going to get respect that way...but let me say respect will be earned beginning September 11th @ Fedex

Archived