Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN: Couric slimmer -- thanks to altered photo

Redskins Diehard

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/08/30/tv.couric.alteredphoto.ap/index.html

NEW YORK (AP) -- No, Katie Couric didn't suddenly lose 20 pounds.

The incoming "CBS Evening News" anchor appears significantly thinner in a network promotional magazine photo thanks to digital airbrushing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't believe CBS would alter something like this. This must be a set up.

Typical... of every major publication and TV studio for the last decade or more. When haven't camera tricks and tech been used to make celebs look better?

True dat, but CBS tends to have more of a penchant for not presenting things as they actually are. I wasn't necessarily talking about pictures.

Typical... of every major publication and TV studio for the last decade or more. When haven't camera tricks and tech been used to make celebs look better?

Exactly.

I was looking at some vintage celeb photos a couple weekends ago and remarked to my wife how "soft" the photographer made the pictures looks. Hides things like blemishes, hair, etcetera. Then it seemed the trend with women was to have rounder facial features and men more angular features. Now the trend for men & women both is to be very angular. I don't know if it's just because it shows up better on TV... ? Not sure.

Exactly.

I was looking at some vintage celeb photos a couple weekends ago and remarked to my wife how "soft" the photographer made the pictures looks. Hides things like blemishes, hair, etcetera. Then it seemed the trend with women was to have rounder facial features and men more angular features. Now the trend for men & women both is to be very angular. I don't know if it's just because it shows up better on TV... ? Not sure.

Soft images (which I think was done with a filter on the camera) were the old way of making people look a little better. Now with photoshop and other available programs they can take a crisp sharp photo and just fix anything. It's sad because a lot of women are killing themselves trying to look like celebs without realized that it's all smoke and mirrors. They theymselves don't look anywhere close to that... hell just look at "candid" shots that show up of celebs every now and then. They don't look anywhere near as good.

Exactly.

High def at home has made for great changes in make-up and set-design approaches...don't know for sure if that applies here...but it does in general

Archived