Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ok Let's Talk Cuts...

Redskinswhoopass

Who's noy going to make it? I mean i'm sure there are the Obvious ones but every year there seems to be surprises. I am preety sure Lumsden and Farris are On the Team either through Practice squad or 53 man. But... I would like to hear your cuts..

Possible cuts in my mind... Nehimah B., Well Either Farris or Epps, I'm pretty sure they won't keep both. Buck Ortega, Other then that no surpries...

But maybe... They cut Laddel or Rock Depending on how their Attuide towards the TJ thing. Now I don't want it to happen of course, but if they like T.J. a lot and either of them cause trouble about it, it might happen.

So anyone have so some supries cuts in mind?

Lumsden might get cut. It will be hard to keep him since they got TJ Duckett. I think either Rock or Lumsden is gone. Wish Lumsden had some more chances...

If someone put a gun to my head and told me to choose/predict, I'd say Lumsden. :2cents: Then again, I wouldn't cut Rock in a million years.

I hope Mike Epsy stays on this team. He has a lot of potential and he can be a serious deep threat. His career is one that I will continue to follow regardless of which team is on.

Cuts or practice squad players:

John Alston

Casey Bramlet

Nehemiah Broughton***

Curry Burns

Nic Clemons***

Jonathan Combs

Antuan Edwards

Mike Epsy ***

John Eubanks

Spencer Folau

Philippe Gardent

AJ Harris

Steven Harris

Jasper Harvey

Spencer Havner

Jim Jones

Tyler Jones

Kili Lefotu

David Lonie

Jesse Lumsden***

Vaka Manupuna

Chris Mineo

Anthony Montgomery***

Christian Morton

Ikechuku Ndukwe

Buck Ortega

David Patten***

Dimitri Patterson

Chris Pino

Jeff Posey

Calen Powell

Karon Riley

Kevin Simon

Richard Smith

Joe Sykes

Manuel White JR

Aric Williams

***= Someone who I hope does not get cut entirely because I think they have potential with this team.

I dont think Ortega gets cut, he'll be put on Practice squad. Im hoping Lumsden doesnt get cut, but im not sure my hope is enough to keep him on the team. Somebody do something with Patten! Can we trade him to the CHeesecake Factory for a New York Style Fat Round? I hope some team is dumb enough to inquire about a trade for him, ala ham sandwich. I hope Farris makes the team, he has a lot of chemistry with Campbell. With the addition of DUckett, Im hoping a Betts trade comes through, maybe for a draft pick or an DB. Our secondary was getting picked apart last night through the middle. Not to digress too much, but does anyone know how many penalties for how many yards Carlos Rodgers racked up last night?

I hope Mike Epsy stays on this team. He has a lot of potential and he can be a serious deep threat. His career is one that I will continue to follow regardless of which team is on.

Cuts or practice squad players:

John Alston

Casey Bramlet

Nehemiah Broughton***

Curry Burns

Nic Clemons***

Jonathan Combs

Antuan Edwards

Mike Epsy ***

John Eubanks

Spencer Folau

Philippe Gardent

AJ Harris

Steven Harris

Jasper Harvey

Spencer Havner

Jim Jones

Tyler Jones

Kili Lefotu

David Lonie

Jesse Lumsden***

Vaka Manupuna

Chris Mineo

Anthony Montgomery***

Christian Morton

Ikechuku Ndukwe

Buck Ortega

David Patten***

Dimitri Patterson

Chris Pino

Jeff Posey

Calen Powell

Karon Riley

Kevin Simon

Richard Smith

Joe Sykes

Manuel White JR

Aric Williams

***= Someone who I hope does not get cut entirely because I think they have potential with this team.

I see you like Farris. me too, and I think he will be on the team.

In alphabetical order too, nice touch. :D

I see you like Farris. me too, and I think he will be on the team.

In alphabetical order too, nice touch. :D

:laugh: Thanks!

I am a Farris fan. I would like to see him step his game up a little bit but, I say he makes this team.

I doubt Betts would be traded. If we can not work out an extension than we better trade him to get SOMETHING for him. There is no sense in letting him go for nothing. The same goes for Rock.

Lumsden might get cut. It will be hard to keep him since they got TJ Duckett. I think either Rock or Lumsden is gone. Wish Lumsden had some more chances.

Hard to predict who gets cut. Should be interesting...

THis is my 3000th post....whoa whoa...

That's the competition I'm looking at. Rock is such a good ST'er, it will be hard for Lumsden to overcome that. I like what I've seen from Lumsden and I agree I wish we could see more of him. I wasn't impressed at all with Rock's limited performance last night. Of course who was really impressed with anyone? I think if I had to pick one shining spot it was Carlos Rogers. Minus that penalty he played pretty solid.

:laugh: Thanks!

I am a Farris fan. I would like to see him step his game up a little bit but, I say he makes this team.

I doubt Betts would be traded. If we can not work out an extension than we better trade him to get SOMETHING for him. There is no sense in letting him go for nothing. The same goes for Rock.

Problem is teams know he'll be a FA at the end of the season.. That kills our bargaining power. We trade him now we might get a 5th or maybe a low 4th but I agree that's better then nothing. I don't see him getting traded though.

I like Farris more and more. I would love to see him in the slot a few plays, Riggo said it best, the guy catches everything.

For me, I'm gonna say the following guys are cut (I'm not bothering with practice squad stuff):

Alston

Boschetti

Bramlet

Broughton

Burns

Clemons

Combs

Doughty

Eubanks

Harris (AJ)

Harris (Steven)

Harvey

Havner

Jones (Jim)

Jones (Tyler)

Lefotu

Lonie

Lumsden

Manupuna

McCune

Mineo

Molinaro

Morton

Ortega

Patten

Patterson

Pino

Powell

Riley

Simon

Smith

Sykes

White, Jr

Williams

Wright

Gardent

Patten's salary pretty much ensures that he will not get cut or be put on the practice squad for another team to take him.

He might suck like an industrial strength shop-vac, but wont get a visit from the Turk. He'll just take Jacobs' place as the low WR on the 53 man roster.

Our coaches really have no regard for the cap when it comes to cuts.

So you're trying to tell me that the Skins wouldn't blink an eye at having $1.847m dead money in 2006

$3.013m dead money in 2007

$3.262m dead money in 2008

and $3.763 dead money in 2009 all by cutting a player that is better than the other fodder on the roster at the moment and has some possible trade value?

Trust me im no Patten fan by any stretch of the imagination, but that would be foolish.

Problem is teams know he'll be a FA at the end of the season.. That kills our bargaining power. We trade him now we might get a 5th or maybe a low 4th but I agree that's better then nothing. I don't see him getting traded though.

I like Farris more and more. I would love to see him in the slot a few plays, Riggo said it best, the guy catches everything.

Agreed. We should get an extension worked out regardless. If we keep him, fantastic.. that way we can atleast get something for him in the trade department.

I'd cut Archuleta. He's sorry and not worth the money.

Wright isn't great, but he's all we've got behind the starters, so he stays.

Cut Arch? Riiiight!

So you're trying to tell me that the Skins wouldn't blink an eye at having $1.847m dead money in 2006

$3.013m dead money in 2007

$3.262m dead money in 2008

and $3.763 dead money in 2009 all by cutting a player that is better than the other fodder on the roster at the moment and has some possible trade value?

The salaries are not guaranteed only the signing bonus is. I am no salary cap expert, but my understanding is if they cut or trade Patten this year the skins will take a one time cap hit next year for the remainder of his pro-rated signing bonus money only. There should not be any dead money for him for 08 or 09.

Archived