Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Novak Time!!! 50 yarder for the Cardinals!

FunBunch7

This is crunch time now boys and girls. Nick Novak kicked a 50 yarder for the Cards against the Bears. Rackers nailed a 49 yarder of his own which might mean they will release Novak. Instead of having Hall and Frost playing around with kick of duties and FGs, I say we get one player that can do both.

I just hope the Cards release him before the Cowboys release Vandy otherwise we might be in a bidding war with them.

I know there will be some negative reaction to yet another Novak thread...but Hall scares me to death...he could be fine then week 4 comes and the only kicker out there is Gramatica who was beat out by a rookie.

I just hope the Cards release him before the Cowboys release Vandy otherwise we might be in a bidding war with them.

I know there will be some negative reaction to yet another Novak thread...but Hall scares me to death...he could be fine then week 4 comes and the only kicker out there is Gramatica who was beat out by a rookie.

Didn't Gramatica do pretty well, just that the Pats had a hefty signing bonus wrapped up in the kid? He's a draft pick, and it seems like there was some guaranteed dough there that, all other things equal, they'd rather keep.

Where's the info on Vanderjagt (sp?) getting cut? Hadn't heard that.

Where's the info on Vanderjagt (sp?) getting cut? Hadn't heard that.

They mentioned it as a possiblity on NFL Network. He has a groin issue that has them really concerned. Supposedly there is a reall good chance he doesn't survive even the 1st cut.

The Cowboys lost several games by less than a field goal last season...I seem to recall a very special Cowboy loss in fact...lol

Signing Vandy was considered to be as big a move as T.O. by many. But this groin of his could cost him a job.

I think IF the Cards release Novak, there will be a HUGE bidding war for his services...not sure the Cards will since Rackers had an injury last year though. I think Rackers health will depend alot on what AZ does. Gramtica will probably be in Dallas in the next week.

Novak didn't have deep kickoffs while he was here with us last year. I doubt he would be an improvement over Frost in that department.

As for Hall, I understand and to certain extent agree with your concern regarding his injury history these last two years. But hopefully with him off of kickoff teams, he won't get hurt this year and to me a healthy John Hall is better and far more trustworthy than Nick Novak.

Yes, I'm going to yell............PICK UP NOVAK YOU IDIOTS!!!

Ok. The kid is young and needs some seasoning but he's got a big upside and, God love him, Hall is just too much of a question mark these days. I can remember the days when Hall would run down a returner and lay wood on him. I don't think he can afford to do that anymore. I was so glad when we got him but I think now is the time to part ways. I hope he could land with a team so he could keep collecting a paycheck but just not from us. Sign Nick, please.

We should never have let him go. All I remember is the effort he put in Week 2 against Dallas last year to save a touchdown by tackling and getting a Puke out of bounds. He was one of those factors that saved that game, I have no doubt had he missed on that stop, no way we win that game.

I loved Hall the first two years he was here, he was such a sure thing - no matter what the distance. Now my stomach gets in knots whenever he steps up to kick a field goal. Didnt he already miss several thirty some yarders this preseason???? This is not good. We need to get Novak back asap. Do we really wait around for another season til Hall is healed? Then scramble in the November to find anyone to kick...might as well see if the Swede Ola or whatever his name was...is still unemployed.

I feel nervous when hall is kicking anything farther than 40 yards. Novak would help me feel a lot more secure about making those kicks

Until you see 2-3 of them get blocked, anyway.

The way people here gush over former Md players, you'd think they won a championship or something lately.

The way people here gush over former Md players, you'd think they won a championship or something lately.

Be fair. He only had 1 blocked and, IIRC, it was because the line collapsed.

I was really impressed with Novak. I think the Cardinals are going to try and trade him to a team that needs a kicker, and if that fails, wait until the last minute to release him.

I don't see the Redskins getting him until John Hall gets hurt again.

Ok, so with your logic...If Novak is mediocre and making fifty yarders, what is Hall considered when he is missing thirty some yarders???? I would say injured and poor. Lets move on, we need help here.
I love how people forget how good Hall was before he was injured. I also love a comparison between a healthy kicker and an injured kicker.

While I like NOvak the point you made about his short kick offs were very true, unless that was what he was told to do. If I remmember correctly coach smith likes them to kick it high and short so that the runner catches the ball inside the 10 or so and we tackle him there meaning the team would start at the 10/15 rather than just starting at the 20 which would be normal starting position on the field.

Be fair. He only had 1 blocked and, IIRC, it was because the line collapsed.

I was really impressed with Novak. I think the Cardinals are going to try and trade him to a team that needs a kicker, and if that fails, wait until the last minute to release him.

I don't see the Redskins getting him until John Hall gets hurt again.

He had 2 blocked. His kick's trajectory was low. I'm not sure if he's gotten any better at that, but that's why they were blocked. It's not even like they were long tries and he needed the distance.

Yea I dont see how all these people keep forgetting IMPORTANT things like these. I remember the Seahawks regular season game last year and I was nervous as hell we were going to lose it because of Novak.

I love how people forget how good Hall was before he was injured. I also love a comparison between a healthy kicker and an injured kicker.

Did you even read my whole post??? I said I loved him while the first two years he was here. In no way do I take away from the awsome clutch kicks he made for us. In those days, like I already said, he was a sure thing. The problem today in 2006, is the reality that he is never healthy anymore. Seems chronically injured. There is no way you can honestly say that he should be our kicker today or that you feel confident everytime he goes to kick a field goal.

He had 2 blocked. His kick's trajectory was low. I'm not sure if he's gotten any better at that, but that's why they were blocked. It's not even like they were long tries and he needed the distance.

You are right Novak did have 2 kicks blocked.His kickoffs tended to be around the 12-15 yard line.He isn't really an improvement.At this point I would like to see the team stick with Hall.

Did you even read my whole post??? I said I loved him while the first two years he was here. In no way do I take away from the awsome clutch kicks he made for us. In those days, like I already said, he was a sure thing. The problem today in 2006, is the reality that he is never healthy anymore. Seems chronically injured. There is no way you can honestly say that he should be our kicker today or that you feel confident everytime he goes to kick a field goal.
Which surgery has fixed after previous misdiagnosis according to Joe Gibbs.

Ok, NO gramatica, No Hall, and yes... lets wrap up the young Novak if he gets cut by the Cardinals. VanderJAct wont be cut by the Cowboys, it just isnt gonna happen. After their merry go round with kickers last year, he wont be cut.

It kills me what people think about Hall. The guy was money up until he got here. The only reason for the decline was injury. He had muscles pulled from the bone and now it's fixed.

I'd take a heathly Hall any day!

Just like it was supposed to be fixed last year. Its funny you say he was money "until he got here" Well that doesnt help us at all does it? We need a kicker who isnt an underachiever, and who can kick the ball into the endzone, and boot a 50 yard field goal. These dreams are too ambitious for Hall.

Just like it was supposed to be fixed last year. Its funny you say he was money "until he got here" Well that doesnt help us at all does it? We need a kicker who isnt an underachiever, and who can kick the ball into the endzone, and boot a 50 yard field goal. These dreams are too ambitious for Hall.

I wouldn't say he's an underachiever. From everything I read about him over the years is that he works very hard. When he was with the Jets he was a very good kicker and could put it in the EZ.

I'm just saying lets see how he pans out now that his injury is hopefully taken care of. I'd rather stick with him than go with another kicker with a lesser name. Now if a proven vet was on the market I might change my tune.

Archived