Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Foward Pass

Robbnva

:dallasuck

Does anyone use the forward pass? I hear they have forward pass only lines but I didn't see them at the concession stands when I was there last week. Just want feedback from others who have and use it because these lines are horrible for food. It is bad enough to pay $5 for a regular hot dog but to waste 20 minutes to do it hurts even more.

They should have Forward Pass only lines at each concession stand, also you can use it at the Reskins Stores to get points for purchases and at the end of thee year you recieve a rebate check for a percentage of the money you spent on merchandise and concessions, you can apply the check to your season ticket bill or take it to a redskins store and use it to buy something.

I hear they have forward pass only lines but I didn't see them at the concession stands when I was there last week.

That's the rumor. The reality is that they are few and far between and when you do find one, you'll find they're usually no shorter than a regular line because there are so few of them and many cashiers will accept cash-paying customers in the few that are available. :doh:

]']at first i thought you literaly meant the forward pass' date=' the one glorified by Baugh.[/quote']

I thought the same thing....I thought that this was going to be an analysis on Saunders' passing attack. :laugh:

But to answer the original question, I have no idea is they're going to be using the foward pass system at Fed/Ex this season, I've gone to a few games @ Fed/Ex and never really had an issue waiting in lines. I think I'm probably in the minority about this issue though.

I use my Forward Pass card at every game. The stand near my section is usually 10 people deep in each line but I walk right up to the Forward Pass line and get my food. I can go to the bathroom and get a drink at half-time and not miss a play. Also, my nephew can't keep the change from my $20 like he used to do :laugh:

Jackie

I think the forward pass is a good idea, but it definitely suffers from some issues.

1.) I found it *very* difficult to actually get one. The online site for this is a joke. Java/server errors all over the place. And it took a few calls and a fax from me and my wife over a month's period and we still never got one. Then we waited in line for an hour at the stadium to finally get one of the cards. (This was after my wife and I both had to explain to someone in the ticket office the difference between forward pass and the tailgate club. She kept trying to sell us the tailgate pass when we wanted the forward pass)

Now we are still struggling to get the second one. So someone in the organization needs to spend some time thinking this through.

2.) When I tried to actually use the pass to at one of the club level concessions they guy looked at me for a couple of seconds like he didn't know what I was talking about. Then he fumbled around a while trying to find the right button to push before I could swipe the card. So there's definitely a training issue there also. I would have been faster for me to pay cash.

3.) Last year I went to a couple of games with friends in the lower bowl and in those lines, people were taking cash in the forward pass line. So there is definitely a training issue there, too.

The program is just not well run. Which is surprising for such a high profile organization. If they want to get serious about it, they need to put a good manager on it.

Out of 7 games last year that I attended, I never stood in line to get drinks because I had the Forward Pass. Admittedly, at the first game, either my card did not work or the service guy did not know how to work it but I paid cash with no line anyway. The other six games, never had a problem and never stood in line. Took me less than five minutes to get my soda and return to my seat.

I also had some problems signing up last year. Was not a smooth as it should have been but it was the first year it was being implemented. Growing pains.....

I just received an email to get a new one. I had my forward pass card last year and connected a credit card to it (like they said would make it REAL easy to use) and the only time I tried to use it was at the HofF store and they said they couldn't take it, and they didn't have a line there for it :)

Didn't use it at all, but it is a nice piece of Redskins memoribilia.

I use my Forward Pass card at every game. The stand near my section is usually 10 people deep in each line but I walk right up to the Forward Pass line and get my food. I can go to the bathroom and get a drink at half-time and not miss a play. Also, my nephew can't keep the change from my $20 like he used to do :laugh:

Jackie

I have had the same positive experience in my section. The consession stand between 448 and 447 has a forward pass line on the 448 end that never has anyone in it. It is much quicker than the cash lines.

Now if only they had beer in that concession stand besides Coors Light ... I'd really be happy. Come on ... Coors Light? ... it is football game not a sorority party, why serve chick beer?

Archived