Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Rumph

redskns21

The mistakes that he has made are correctable. He is definately more useful to our team than a 4th/5th string WR. He looks like a guy who just joined the team. I think Jerry Gray has a great prospect with Rumph.

Kenny Wright even had a good game, so who gets cut?? Ade Jimo has been hurt but he is one of our best SP teams gunners. If we keep 5 CBs, Rumph is going to have to play some safety. Taylor, Archuleta, Prielou, no one else is standing out.

The mistakes that he has made are correctable. He is definately more useful to our team than a 4th/5th string WR. He looks like a guy who just joined the team. I think Jerry Gray has a great prospect with Rumph.

Kenny Wright even had a good game, so who gets cut?? Ade Jimo has been hurt but he is one of our best SP teams gunners. If we keep 5 CBs, Rumph is going to have to play some safety. Taylor, Archuleta, Prielou, no one else is standing out.

Doughty won't be cut, I don't think. Maybe practice squad.

I think Rumph needs to learn better technique in tackling. He's a tall guy so he tends to tackle high. I think he and Kenny Wright will be used as the thid CB in different packages.

If he's on the field that much we will have gotten a steal for Jacobs.

What is more impressive is that Rumph is playing decently even though he has been on the team for only a week.

Another corner that is showing some grit is that guy Battle whom the Skins also brought in last week.

If Rumph, Wright, and some of these other young backup DBs step up, wow, the secondary could actually be a position of great depth for the Redskins, instead of one of their biggest weaknesses.

in his 2nd year the guy had 56 tackles, 2 sacks and 3 interceptions. Then he played 5 games over the next 2 years.

All in all there is no comparison between what TJ has proved he can do and what Mike Rumph has proved. We won this trade unless TJ gets a whole lot better real fast.

He's looking pretty good, at least tackling tonight. That was what I saw a lot of the fans on the 49ers board saying he couldn't do.

Thoughts?

I didn't get to watch the game, but over the radio it sounded like he made a couple of good hits here and there, but mainly it seemed like he was out of position.

That was a great trade, so far. Rumph looks good so far and will probably get better. I mean Jacobs has been usless. Now if he goes and ends up in the hall of fame...lmao...I can't even finish that sentence. heh heh

:laugh: I don't know how you started it. :laugh:

Here's all you need to know about corners like Wright and Rumph. You didn't hear their names, or notice their play. For guys that are meant to be solid and not stars, that's the best possible thing for a corner. No news is good news on the islands out there.

I didn't get to watch the game, but over the radio it sounded like he made a couple of good hits here and there, but mainly it seemed like he was out of position.

Naah. Maybe early in the game on one play, but after that he was either on his WR like glue, or delivering a sledgehammer hit after flying to the ball.

He had a real good game, much more than I expected because I had very low expectations.

No, not really. A couple of times he played through the receiver, but he didn't let the man behind him. Has some skills - great trade for PJ. :cheers:

Naah. Maybe early in the game on one play, but after that he was either on his WR like glue, or delivering a sledgehammer hit after flying to the ball.

He had a real good game, much more than I expected because I had very low expectations.

Ok good... Well I'm glad to know that he can cover.

Archived