Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Rumph

redskns21

Stuck here in SF I didn't see the game but based on the posts on the game day thread the guy sounds downright incredible for having flown in to join this team something like 48 hours ago.

Again I didn't see the game but I can't imagine they just played man to man all night...he had to have absorbed some of the GW scheme and terminology...

If that's what we get for 48 hours....this guy could be **huge** after GW coache's him up...

Yet another LANDSLIDE TRADE...

Really, how did they pull this off???

:applause: :cheers: :applause:

Rumph was very impressive tonight considering the circumstances, and what SF had to say. Then again SF was happy to part with Lloyd and Carter. Ive said it before and ill say it again, SF is where talent goes to die. Great talents, as long as you can catch them before SFs great coaches ruin them for life.

I cant remember a single play Rumph played poorly on offhand.

Out of curiosity, how much PT did he get. I am looking at the game stats on nfl.com and Rumph doesn't have a single stat. Also was he running against the Jets first string, or second and third?

I don't reckon being a shut-down corner against the third string is anything worth hyping up.

Finally how did Battle and Wright do. They each have a few tackles, were they in support or were they after getting burned?

Thanks (I can't watch the games out here in the land down under so this is my only connection to the world of Skins)

Rumph had some pretty solid plays. He looks like he's made a claim to be one of the top 7 DBs on the team's rotation, along with the starters, Wright, and Prioleau. I think the final couple spots will be among Jimoh, Morton, Battle, Doughty, and Edwards. I would guess Jimoh (great on special teams), Morton (has had some nice plays) and Edwards (because Doughty has looked pretty bad).

Rumph seems to be a head hunter which should be very fun to watch this season.

I definetely see him getting burned for being too aggressive, but he's gonna jack up a couple of guys this season.

Plus he put a hit on Laveraneus! He has to get some love for that.

Mike was on his back a few too many times on plays going to his side of the field. G-Dub correctly gave him the blame for the big play they gave up on the reverse. But like someone said earlier, his mistakes are correctable.

When he almost got called for interference on Coles, ST was over in his ear reminding him that he it was a 3rd and 10 and Coles ran the route 3 yards short. I think he is going to become a very solid player on our defense. He has a lot of versatility and, if he can stay healthy, he should be given plenty of opportunities to show what he is capable of.

I was glad to see him fit in so well after only having been here a couple days. Granted, just covering your man is a pretty universal concept, but I think there's plenty to be optimistic about based on his size, physical skills, and the caliber of play he showed for most of tonight's game.

didn't get to watch the game jus listened to it, and from what i've read on here and heard on the radio it seems that rumph and edwards both played solid along with kenny wright steping up. seems to me that jimoh better get off his ass and show he can contribute to if he wants to make this team. i think rumph and wright are locks to make it but if edwards plays like he did tonight i don't see how we can keep ade if he sits the whole preseason. hopefully hes back next week and shows that he can contribute on special teams like he did last year.

Rumph played throughout the entire game which was good to see. No1 noticed he gave up the backside on the kickoff return for a TD right after we had scored.. I watched him from the moment the ball was kicked, seeing him creep closer and closer in-field leaving the backside open, which is why he was not in position to make the tackle and missed it. It is correctable and I look foward to him making some plays. His tackling technique needs work. He plants himself and seems to want 2 up-tackle the offensive player rather than drive through him. The coaches will get him right I believe.

Rumph looks worth more than we sent off for him. Seemed like his shortcoming were correctable, but he had a fire and instinct you can't teach. Can't wait to see more of him. He should make a very, very nice #3 once Springs returns.

I'm not going to put him above Wright just yet, and I want to see what he can do for us when the games actually count. After all, I'm sure he had good games in San Fran too. I'm cautiously optimistic, and relatively pleased with his performance thusfar.

Archived