Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Post Game Thread -- Jets at Skins.

Art

This is a central place for you to talk about the game after. It may be linked from Redskins.com so a lot of guests may stop by. Let's try not to hyperventilate if someone scratches a knee :).

We will open the thread shortly before the end of the game for conversation.

I'm in Minnesota so I only got to listen to the game, but, it sure sounds to me like Toyota's Nationwide Clearance event is on now.

And, that Al Saunders is doing exactly what he did in K.C. during the preseason, which is to say nothing. Which is exactly what Joe Gibbs does during the preseason. Remember Osaka. Be happy, even if it's hard, because, we were happy then, and we shouldn't have been.

My only real concern is the injuries from tonight. Time will tell. It would have been nice to see Brunell a bit more accurate with his throws.

I agree, Brunell missed a throw or two but he managed the game and is getting ready for the season.

JC looked good after he settled down. My question is how did he see the field and execute the offense. The coaches have to answer that.

Special Teams laid an egg today.

Defense seemed to take the day off a little bit, but they will be ready for the opener.

I'm in Minnesota so I only got to listen to the game, but, it sure sounds to me like Toyota's Nationwide Clearance event is on now.

And, that Al Saunders is doing exactly what he did in K.C. during the preseason, which is to say nothing. Which is exactly what Joe Gibbs does during the preseason. Remember Osaka. Be happy, even if it's hard, because, we were happy then, and we shouldn't have been.

:applause:

Well that was a somewhat disapointing game, but Campbell seems to be progressing. Brunell is looking not so great so far in preseason, but hopefully he will pick it up in the reg. His weapons have been kind of banged up too.

I was surprised to see some of the first string d play so long, they seemed to be having some trouble at times, but maybe they are making up for less practice time.

Oh yeah, they need to work on the special teams...badly.

Oh yeah, saw a bit of a mixed bag from Rumph today, but he's still more useful than Jacobs ever was, and he had some nice plays. I think he could be good here with some more time.

philal0102 to your last post in the game thread, i have a saying, "You play like you practice, if you practice Shi***, you will play Shi***" if you dont work your butt off during practice, which is sort of what a pre-season game is, almost, you tend not to play hard enough during a "real" game

It was a pre-season game that bodes doom and gloom for the franchise for the rest of its history. Special teams weren't special. Our first line Offense didn't score. Our Defense were suckered by gimmick plays. The Jets owned the time of posession. We gave up TOs and had none of our own. We were over-manned and out-coached. Blah, blah, blah ;)

It was a structured scimmage that we should have been crisper in our play. The injuries to CD and RoJo are the main points of concern. The play of the new people to the roster were encouraging and Sellers was a beast.

Man-up people, we lost a pre-season game, next week it is all history.

:helmet: :point2sky :helmet:

Archived