Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Conspiracy Theory

just skins baby

Weurrfel wasn't really hurt. Later they showed him on the sideline with Matthews just standing around, no shoulder in a sling or anything.

Now, I am happy that Ramsey came in a played a heckuva good game, and I'm pumped up and ecstatic that we won, but does any one else think it was just an excuse to get Ramsey in the game?

Just trying to pick some minds here, but that is just my opinion.

My best friend said that very same thing today. He said, "I wonder if that was the plan. Remove Ramsey from the press of being named the starter and maybe tell Wuerffel to take himself out after a drive." I think it's crazy :). Wuerffel probably could have returned. But, I think once he left the game, Spurrier said, "Screw it, let's go with the kid for a while."

Originally posted by TheChosenOne

:D

Count me among the conspiracy theorists, btw. Sounds a little shady to me. Did anyone actually see Wuerffel get hurt?

A big lineman did fall on his shoulder. If they planned it, they must have got some help from the Tennessee O-lineman. I wonder if his paycheck will be a little bigger this week...:D

Originally posted by GatorEye

Didn't you see the shot of Snyder crouched down in the grassy knoll?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Now that was the funniest thing I read today. The mental image is even funnier.

Spurrier has to love the way this turns out. He doesn't have to hurt his adopted son's feelings. He finds out he has a gamer with a cannon he can mold. And he knows he has SM and DW to help him.

I was thinking that while none of us would ever wish an injury on our starting QB, it was the most TIMELY injury I've ever seen.

And once Ramsey was out there, setting the offense of fire, he wasn't coming out. Not for anyone.

The kid goes 20-for-38, 270 yards, 2 TDs and no picks in his first appearance -- and a few of those incompletions were dumb drops by receivers. Ramsey was on FIRE.

The funny thing is that the one thing that was supposed to make Matthews and Wuerffel successful here -- their knowledge of the offense and their smarts -- were best displayed by a rookie QB that Spurrier didn't even want.

Let's hope this kid can do it again. I love the fact that the blitz never rattled him -- he's got guts. That's something new for a Skins QB. How can you not be excited about this kid? I know he's still gonna make rookie mistakes this year, but barring injury, I don't see anyone supplanting him from the lineup. Great job, kid -- how many people remember your holdout now?

Yep, I posted that yesterday in a thread.

What were the chances of D.W. getting hit fairly hard in the first couple of series?

Pretty good, right?

SS: "Danny, go out there and pitch it around and let's see what happens. Hopefully we'll play better today"

DW: "Ok Coach"

SS thinking: "Yep, he'll get wacked and then I can throw the kid in there with no questions asked to see what he can do!"

I believe it worked.

:pint:

Man, no conspiracy. Damn. You guys are reaching.

DW is a puss.

SM is a puss.

PR does do exactly what Spurrier tells him to do. See him holding that ball up and the zip on his throws. Watch next week when he gets some ONE on ONE coverage from Gardner and unloads a 50 yard bullet!

We can start to compare his arm strength to the other two after

after that. Man he can throw!

:cheers:

Archived