Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Frost's free kick after the safety

FunBunch7

Lt's do the math:

He punted the ball from his own 20...it was caught at like the Benglas 29...

That FREE KICK, with no pressure mind you, travelled a whopping 51 yards!!!

If it were a regualr punt, it would have been in the neighborhood of 36 yards as punts are measured from the line of scrimmage.

I'm 33 years old, not in great shape, but I used to punt in high school...Even I could kick a ball 51 yards!

This guy has GOT TO GO! Lonie averaged 48 yards...it's got to be his job!

While I agree Frost looked like the same ol', same ol', Lonie didn't look all that impressive either. His first punt looked like a frozen rope thrown by Campbell. The 2nd one he got a nice roll on but I don't think either one took the first round of the fight last night.

frost looked better than usual last night.I think the majority of people here hate him so much, an improvement would need to be monumental before everyone agrees that he is better.

I think this is the first time frost actually stayed with a team from one season to the next.A 46 yard punt that's fair caught IS pretty good,and the only thing I could complain about is the ball that went into the endzone.

I was in the punt, pass and kick competition back when I was 12 years old. I'd be willing to sign and push FunBunch7 and John Hall in camp.

Okay, you guys convinced me...I'm trying out!!!! LOl

I think even Joe Theismann and his career 1 yard punting average is even thinking of a come back.

The kicking game is going to be crucial to this team this year. When Joe Gibbs said he was comfortable with the kicking game earlier this year, I just shook my head and said, did he actually see the kicking game last season??

I am never comfortable when either Frost or Hall is in the game. Whether it is a punt, or a kickoff, or fieldgoal, it is always a challenge. I hope this year we can count on these guys to do their jobs, and make the kicks they should.

I am giving Gibbs the benefit of the doubt, but lord help us if Hall injures that quad muscle again. We will have to find a place kicker immediately if he shows signs of weakness on kickoffs.

Lt's do the math:

If it were a regualr punt, it would have been in the neighborhood of 36 yards as punts are measured from the line of scrimmage.

I'm 33 years old, not in great shape, but I used to punt in high school...Even I could kick a ball 51 yards!

If that were true, you'd be playing in the NFL..

If that were true, you'd be playing in the NFL..

No he wouldn't...in high school I could punt 70-80 yards consistently...in my freshman year I played for the high school team (my dad forced me to tryout..lol) and I was basically there to hold the bench down.

During a flag football game in P.E. I volunteered to punt (I played soccer for 5 years, so kicking the ball came more natural..heh) when it was time for our side to punt. The other team was not allowed to rush the punter, but some moron came running through anyway...I put the ball down and said "What the hell are you doing?!"...the guy got embarrassed and said "Sorry", we all laughed...lol...and then I took three steps and punted from my own 20 into the opposite end zone. The guy waiting back for the punt started running backwards...then turned completely around and started chasing the punt at full speed...lol...the P.E. coach looked at me and said "Why aren't you punting for the football team here?". A few other players on the team were also in my P.E. class and said "We're gonna tell the coach at next practice about him"...

So at next practice I punted...pretty much did the same thing, and the varsity coach stopped his practice and just watched me. Then he put his senior varsity punter next to me and asked us both to punt. The senior punted from the 50 to around the goal line...I punted through the uprights and out of the field. Later on my coach pulled me aside and said the varsity coach already had a spot for me next season on the varsity team when I became eligible, and that he was excited as hell.

I moved to another state over the summer when my parents got divorced...lol..and never played football again.

But the thing is, I would have SUCKED at being a punter in the pros...hell, in college for that matter. I was a shy kid, HATED yelling out the count, got nervous as hell, and shanked the one and only punt I ever attempted during a scrimmage at practice.

Takes more than leg strength to be a good punter...and I didn't have any of the intangibles.

Lt's do the math:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163981

my thoughts exactly....post #21 in the link

didnt feel like wasting a thread on such a horrible topic!!

Our def will bail out any punter!!

Looks like another year of crap Redskin kickers. This is getting old fast-- we need to get someone decent in there NOW.

Haha, you ex-kickers should get inspired by that new Eagles movie and give The Danny a call. You've GOT to be an improvement over this guy...

Please...I'd give a new definition to the term "shank"...lol...I'd be nailing chearleaders in the head with my punts, they'd be shanked so bad... :laugh:

While I agree Frost looked like the same ol', same ol', Lonie didn't look all that impressive either. His first punt looked like a frozen rope thrown by Campbell. The 2nd one he got a nice roll on but I don't think either one took the first round of the fight last night.

The only stats I've seen were on nfl.com, and it shows that Lonie had two punts for an average of 48 yards, with the longest being 49. Therefore, his 'frozen rope' must have gone for 47 yards.

Glad to see you had the stats to back your statement.

Archived