Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

True Personal Ghost Stories

Zguy28

I'm with herrmag and Spartacus...weird **** with no explanation happening and I'm gone.

I've seen some strange stuff over the years(especially in the swamp),but nothing I'm willing to share...I also don't go there at night any longer.

Liiiittle bit of a bump here, but as I was rereading this thread twa's post here caught my eye...."especially in the swamp?"

Come on man, I'd love to hear a story or two.

I'm with herrmag and Spartacus...weird **** with no explanation happening and I'm gone.

I've seen some strange stuff over the years(especially in the swamp),but nothing I'm willing to share...I also don't go there at night any longer.

Liiiittle bit of a bump here, but as I was rereading this thread twa's post here caught my eye...."especially in the swamp?"

Great freaking thread. I've gotten goosebumps a couple of times.

I'll share my one encounter with the supernatural.

This happened a couple of years ago. I was at a friends house and there was a bunch of us partying. In the wee hours of the morning I got tired and decided to go pass out in a random bedroom. I woke up like 30 minutes later and I look over to the curtains and see feet sticking out underneath them. I was pretty hammered and I started to laugh thinking that a friend had been hiding there in an attempt to scare me. I called out that I saw him and he could come out. But nothing happened.The feet were still planted in that same spot. I sat up on the side of the bed and looked strait at the feet for a good 30 seconds to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. THOSE FEET WERE REAL! Now I start to think my friend is being obnoxious and just messing with me so I got up and ran over to the curtain to expose him and when I lifted the curtain up, there was nothing there... :whoknows:

Unsolved mysteries...

Great freaking thread. I've gotten goosebumps a couple of times.

I'll share my one encounter with the supernatural.

This happened a couple of years ago. I was at a friends house and there was a bunch of us partying. In the wee hours of the morning I got tired and decided to go pass out in a random bedroom. I woke up like 30 minutes later and I look over to the curtains and see feet sticking out underneath them. I was pretty hammered and I started to laugh thinking that a friend had been hiding there in an attempt to scare me. I called out that I saw him and he could come out. But nothing happened.The feet were still planted in that same spot. I sat up on the side of the bed and looked strait at the feet for a good 30 seconds to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. THOSE FEET WERE REAL! Now I start to think my friend is being obnoxious and just messing with me so I got up and ran over to the curtain to expose him and when I lifted the curtain up, there was nothing there... :whoknows:

Unsolved mysteries...

There have been numerous instances of lights floating about,flames w/o burning and images glowing(which were likely swamp gas and phosphorescence)

Combine that with all the critters, birds,fog and the tequila and its gets spooky at night ...I,ll stick to night fishing on the lake and save there for daytime:paranoid:

As for the rest its nothing I wish to talk about :insane:

There have been numerous instances of lights floating about,flames w/o burning and images glowing(which were likely swamp gas and phosphorescence)

Combine that with all the critters, birds,fog and the tequila and its gets spooky at night ...I,ll stick to night fishing on the lake and save there for daytime:paranoid:

As for the rest its nothing I wish to talk about :insane:

What are people's impression of the Gettysburg ghost tours? I have heard many different things. Worth it or not? I do not believe the actual battlefield sponsor's these, as I was pretty much laughed at for asking last time I visited and toured the battlefield sites

Considering that one of my experiences (related above) happened on the Battlefield, I'd suggest to you that there is probably something to the idea that the battlefield and its surrounds have ghostly activity.

However, I have a high amount of skepticism about any individual or company that claims they can guarantee you have a supernatural experience on their tour, whether it's Gettysburg; Salem, MA; or any other location. Now, if your interest is just to take a tour of where people have claimed to have ghostly encounters and hear the stories, it might be worth it.

What are people's impression of the Gettysburg ghost tours? I have heard many different things. Worth it or not? I do not believe the actual battlefield sponsor's these, as I was pretty much laughed at for asking last time I visited and toured the battlefield sites

Considering that one of my experiences (related above) happened on the Battlefield, I'd suggest to you that there is probably something to the idea that the battlefield and its surrounds have ghostly activity.

However, I have a high amount of skepticism about any individual or company that claims they can guarantee you have a supernatural experience on their tour, whether it's Gettysburg; Salem, MA; or any other location. Now, if your interest is just to take a tour of where people have claimed to have ghostly encounters and hear the stories, it might be worth it.

Gettysburg is a great place. You should go just to see the grounds. Truly amazing.

Gettysburg is a great place. You should go just to see the grounds. Truly amazing.

I got another one, this time it's from my grandfather...

He was an infantryman during WW2 and fought for 9 months on the front lines before getting wounded in the closing months of the war.

According to him he and a few other guys from his company decided to sleep in an old barn for the night somewhere in France. They had been in heavy action all day, and there were still German forces near by firing machine guns and artillery at the U.S. positions, but they needed the rest.

Everybody was sleeping in the downstairs part of the house, but my grandfather decided to venture into the attic where he found a bed and went to sleep. After a few hours of sleep, he says he was woken up by the feeling of a hand on his chest, nothing shaking him or anything, but applying pressure over and over. There was nobody there so, being as he was, he went downstairs pissed off and woke everybody up angrily to ask who the ******* was that woke him up. Nobody knew what he was talking about, they had all been sleeping... Just then a german artillery round hit the house, taking out the attic entirely. They went to see what was left and it had hit right where my grandfather had been sleeping. He swore to this day that he had a guardian angel that woke him up and saved him from getting hit in his sleep.

The strangest thing was, we had a friend who was also a veteran over once, and my grandfather told him that story and the guy got wide eyed and insisted the same exact thing had happened to him.

I got another one, this time it's from my grandfather...

He was an infantryman during WW2 and fought for 9 months on the front lines before getting wounded in the closing months of the war.

According to him he and a few other guys from his company decided to sleep in an old barn for the night somewhere in France. They had been in heavy action all day, and there were still German forces near by firing machine guns and artillery at the U.S. positions, but they needed the rest.

Everybody was sleeping in the downstairs part of the house, but my grandfather decided to venture into the attic where he found a bed and went to sleep. After a few hours of sleep, he says he was woken up by the feeling of a hand on his chest, nothing shaking him or anything, but applying pressure over and over. There was nobody there so, being as he was, he went downstairs pissed off and woke everybody up angrily to ask who the ******* was that woke him up. Nobody knew what he was talking about, they had all been sleeping... Just then a german artillery round hit the house, taking out the attic entirely. They went to see what was left and it had hit right where my grandfather had been sleeping. He swore to this day that he had a guardian angel that woke him up and saved him from getting hit in his sleep.

The strangest thing was, we had a friend who was also a veteran over once, and my grandfather told him that story and the guy got wide eyed and insisted the same exact thing had happened to him.

When people have 'ghostly' events happen to them that are completely unexpected and shocking, thats interesting. However, stuff like ghost tours you are setting yourself up to be 'spooked' befeore you even start. Its no surprise that people think they have seen something or felt something etc - they are psyched out before they even start!

In Edinburgh, our capital there is basically an 'underground city' below certain parts of the current city. These are streets, houses with rooms etc that instead of being knocked down were just built over. These are centuries old, going back hundreds and hundreds of years. You can do tours of them and people come back with all sorts of stuff about ghostly happenings etc its their minds playing tricks because they have already got themselves keyed up for 'seeing' ghosts etc

When people have 'ghostly' events happen to them that are completely unexpected and shocking, thats interesting. However, stuff like ghost tours you are setting yourself up to be 'spooked' befeore you even start. Its no surprise that people think they have seen something or felt something etc - they are psyched out before they even start!

In Edinburgh, our capital there is basically an 'underground city' below certain parts of the current city. These are streets, houses with rooms etc that instead of being knocked down were just built over. These are centuries old, going back hundreds and hundreds of years. You can do tours of them and people come back with all sorts of stuff about ghostly happenings etc its their minds playing tricks because they have already got themselves keyed up for 'seeing' ghosts etc

Archived