Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

True Personal Ghost Stories

Zguy28

This thread is for all folks who want to relate their personal stories about encounters with Ghosts, spirits, demons, or whatever you want to call them.

I'll start.

When I first began dating my future wife, I was told Ghost stories about their family and the house where they lived, such as her Dad seeing a woman in a white dress walking around the back of the house then dissapearing. I even was there when her Dad experienced one tapping on his snare drum while he was alone downstairs. I just brushed it off.

That was until I bought the house from my in-laws and moved in. That's when it started for my family. First it was just eerie feelings sometimes, then noises. One night as I went to bed, I was laying with my leg bent so that my knee was hanging off the side of the bed. All of a sudden I got bumped!

Well around this time, we went and bought a dog. Things seemed to calm down a bit after that, for a while. Then my dog started getting agitated and would even unexplicably jump onto my 3 year old son's bed and lay on him, pinning him down, and start growling at thin air.

Then one night while reading a bed story to my son, he says, "Daddy, who's that man?" I asked what he was talking about and he said he was near the end of the bed. That freaked me out enough that the next day I sent my family away for a few hours, although they didn't know what for.

Now, most of you know that I'm a Christian, so this may seem kind of weird coming from me. But its the truth. I'm not superstitious or anything, but the Bible does talk about spirits and demons, and that's what I think this was, what is called an "unclean spirit."

Now that my family was removed from the house, I took out my Bible and began to walk around the house reading out load from the book of Psalms.

When I got near my son's room I shouted out loud "IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST, I COMMAND YOU TO GET OUT! NOW! LEAVE THIS PLACE AND DON'T BOTHER US ANYMORE!"

Everything has been fine since. Please know that what I have told you is real and truthful to the best of my recollection. It happened about 2 years ago.

You're up next Destino.

Why didn't you just yell out (in your best Samuel Jackson impersonation) " We got motha-f'in snakes"! Sorry, I know it's old, but for some reason, I just can't stop using that line. Sorry, not trying to make light of your situation.

One time I was lying in my girlfriend's bed, asleep, and I suddenly got this feeling of dread. It's the same feeling in the pit of my stomach that I would feel when I was a kid and had a nightmare. Anyways, I opened my eyes, and instinctively started darting my eyes all over the room. But, I couldn't move. I suddenly saw a silhouette (too dark and blurry to make out what) above my head, and I started choking. I couldn't move, but I mustered enough voice to garble out my girlfriend's name. She sleepily said "what is it", which for whatever reason was enough for me to gain full conciousness, and the silhouette disappeared. However, this all could have been me half asleep, dreaming about the silhouette with my eyes open, and choking on saliva or something.

All of mine are from Holy Ghost experiences.

One time I was stuck between going to a new job, and staying at my old job.

I didn't know what to do, I was afraid that the new job might not work out.

So I asked God for His wisdom on the subject.

Nothing came to mind right away(God speaks to hearts and minds the most common).

So I decided to do some reading in the bible, and I came across this parable that Jesus taught.

I thought it was the strangest parable ever, and it didn't make any sense to me.

I said to myself "I bet no one has ever given a sermon on that before."

I finished reading and turned on the radio. Andrew Wormack program was just starting.

Now Andrew had just visited our church for a 4 day program, he did this every year and they are always soooooooo powerful. He was the most influencial preacher I have ever heard, so I was very excited to hear him on the radio, especially because it was my first time hearing him on the radio.

He opened his message with that same parable!!!!

My mouth dropped and I was flooded with the great feeling of the Holy Spirit.

In that sermon Andrew said "What ever it is you decide to do, you will succeed." (or something like with the same meaning).

I took the new job and it was clearly the right decision.

This thread is for all folks who want to relate their personal stories about encounters with Ghosts, spirits, demons, or whatever you want to call them.

I'll start.

When I first began dating my future wife, I was told Ghost stories about their family and the house where they lived, such as her Dad seeing a woman in a white dress walking around the back of the house then dissapearing. I even was there when her Dad experienced one tapping on his snare drum while he was alone downstairs. I just brushed it off.

That was until I bought the house from my in-laws and moved in. That's when it started for my family. First it was just eerie feelings sometimes, then noises. One night as I went to bed, I was laying with my leg bent so that my knee was hanging off the side of the bed. All of a sudden I got bumped!

Well around this time, we went and bought a dog. Things seemed to calm down a bit after that, for a while. Then my dog started getting agitated and would even unexplicably jump onto my 3 year old son's bed and lay on him, pinning him down, and start growling at thin air.

Then one night while reading a bed story to my son, he says, "Daddy, who's that man?" I asked what he was talking about and he said he was near the end of the bed. That freaked me out enough that the next day I sent my family away for a few hours, although they didn't know what for.

Now, most of you know that I'm a Christian, so this may seem kind of weird coming from me. But its the truth. I'm not superstitious or anything, but the Bible does talk about spirits and demons, and that's what I think this was, what is called an "unclean spirit."

Now that my family was removed from the house, I took out my Bible and began to walk around the house reading out load from the book of Psalms.

When I got near my son's room I shouted out loud "IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST, I COMMAND YOU TO GET OUT! NOW! LEAVE THIS PLACE AND DON'T BOTHER US ANYMORE!"

Everything has been fine since. Please know that what I have told you is real and truthful to the best of my recollection. It happened about 2 years ago.

You're up next Destino.

scary stuff dude...

I would have shouted, "THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST COMPELES YOU" lol :rolleyes:

Coupla years back i was at a wedding for my buddy at this really nice hotel in southern VA. I forget the name of the place, but it was a remodeled former womens psychiatric prison and suppossedly haunted by the ghosts of the former residents.

My crew all met there the day before and my buddy JJ, who is a marine and just happened to be able to get away that weekend, decides he needs a nap. About 2 hours later, he comes downstairs and is like "holy ****, i fell asleep with the door closed and locked," and mentions several other items that were arranged a certain way. When he woke up, the door was unlocked and open, and his gear was all over the place.

I forget the room number, but lets say it was 22B. JJ and I and a few others go talk to the front desk and are like ya know, WTF? My buddy takes a nap and when he wakes up, some wierd stuff had happened.........desk lady says "are you in room 22B?"

"yeah, uh, how'd ya know?"

"oh, thats was the infirmary. Stuff like that always happens." Totally straight face on the lady.

:yikes:

Coupla years back i was at a wedding for my buddy at this really nice hotel in southern VA. I forget the name of the place, but it was a remodeled former womens psychiatric prison and suppossedly haunted by the ghosts of the former residents.

My crew all met there the day before and my buddy JJ, who is a marine and just happened to be able to get away that weekend, decides he needs a nap. About 2 hours later, he comes downstairs and is like "holy ****, i fell asleep with the door closed and locked," and mentions several other items that were arranged a certain way. When he woke up, the door was unlocked and open, and his gear was all over the place.

I forget the room number, but lets say it was 22B. JJ and I and a few others go talk to the front desk and are like ya know, WTF? My buddy takes a nap and when he wakes up, some wierd stuff had happened.........desk lady says "are you in room 22B?"

"yeah, uh, how'd ya know?"

"oh, thats was the infirmary. Stuff like that always happens." Totally straight face on the lady.

:yikes:

Sweet! Is there a hidden 13th floor? :silly:

A coworker that I use to work for had a mother in law that was haunted.

Her husband had died, and shortly after he died some very strange things happened in her house.

He was a violent alcohalic, and drinking was what killed him.

This is what she experienced on a regular bases.

- Lights turning off and on by themselves.

- The TV changing channels, the sound level going up and down, and the TV turning itself off and on.

- She would wake up unable to move in her bed with this pressure on her chest.

He mentioned other things, and he experienced strange feelings while over there.

One time I was lying in my girlfriend's bed, asleep, and I suddenly got this feeling of dread. It's the same feeling in the pit of my stomach that I would feel when I was a kid and had a nightmare. Anyways, I opened my eyes, and instinctively started darting my eyes all over the room. But, I couldn't move. I suddenly saw a silhouette (too dark and blurry to make out what) above my head, and I started choking. I couldn't move, but I mustered enough voice to garble out my girlfriend's name. She sleepily said "what is it", which for whatever reason was enough for me to gain full conciousness, and the silhouette disappeared. However, this all could have been me half asleep, dreaming about the silhouette with my eyes open, and choking on saliva or something.

I get sleep paralysis - it can be some scary ****. I half wake-up and, physically, my body WILL NOT respond. Sucks big time.

Only ghost I've ever seen was driving home one night in my hometown (Vineland, NJ). It was a little foggy and I drove by this horse farm - standing on the side of the road was a black woman dressed civil-war era 'mammy' clothing holding a baby. I caught a glimpse of her out of the corner of my eye and turned in time to see her. When I looked in the rear-view mirror she was gone.

Side note - 'Sympathy for the Devil' was playing on the radio at the time.

Dude, that's awesome. Does Jesus do ****roaches, too?

My turn.

I agreed to feed the cats of a friend of my mothers while she was out of town. Easy money is what I was thinking. Slide through there once a night for a week is cake. So I’m over there at this pretty big house in Mclean opening cat food tins when I hear a door open. Immediately I’m thinking “please tell me this place isn’t getting robbed while I’m here feeding these stupid cats!”

I have a quick look around and everything looks normal. As I’m looking into one of the rooms the alarm clock radio goes off. I go to turn it off and the door closes behind me… then opens again as I watch it and slams shut one more time. Thoughts of bad guys now fully replaced with ghost stories I move to leave but I don’t want to go near the door either so I’m just frozen for a second or two. When I get into the hallway all the doors in the hallway are opening and closing, the alarm clock is playing again, the phones are ringing, and TVs are turning on and off.

I’m in full panic and take off. House goes quiet as can be once I get outside. I made people come with me the next day but nothing ever happened. I did make a point of getting in and out of there in a hurry though. Anyway I tell her about it when she gets back from vacation and she tells me that what I was saying is why she gave up hiring house sitters stay there several of them got spooked and took off. She had never seen anything and attributed it all to it just being a kind of creepy dark house scaring people unfamiliar with it. One person even had the police out because she heard people talking while trying to sleep.

Okay, here's mine.

When I was in college, my parents and grandmother moved to Orlando, FL. Since it was during the summer, I went too. The house wasn't finished being built yet, so we all lived in an apartment for a few months (I left after a month to go back to school). As you could guess, yep, it was haunted.

The first incident involved me, while I was talking to my future wife on IM. You know how when you put a regular bulb in a 3-way lamp, you have to turn it twice to turn off and on? I'm sitting there typing and I hear "click................ click" and the light turns off. I knew what it was immediately. I got up and turned the light back on, and when I sat down, the air looked.... weird. Like the Predator. It was only for a second or two, but there was something else there.

The next morning, I told my family that the place was haunted. I left for college a few days later.

That's when all hell broke loose. Here is a laundry list of the creepier **** that happened to my parents and grandmother after I left.

-- My folks were talking about how you could knock on any hard surface and our dog would think someone was at the door. So my dad knocks on the wall. The wall taps back. "Oh, Nana must have heard me," he says. My mom says back to him, "that's not Nana's room. That's the hall closet."

-- They would return from somewhere and find things, well, askew... One time in particular, my grandmother had a bag of tie-backs from her curtains on the shelf in her closet. When they returned, they were all laid out, in even rows and columns, on the closet floor.

-- There were multiple times when my mother and grandmother would pass through a doorway and were splashed with water.

-- Continuing the water theme, one day my mother woke up and there was a puddle on the carpet in front of the bathroom sink in their room. No matter how hard she scrubbed, it wouldn't go away. It finally went away when she told the ghost that she was tired of stepping in it.

And the incident that puts all others to shame ------

-- My mother and grandmother were in my grandmother's room watching a television program. All of a sudden, my mom could hear open-mouthed breathing. She assumed my grandmother was asleep, and when she looked over at her, she was correct. But her breathing didn't match up to what she was hearing, and as she pondered this, someone breathed hard into her ear. She could feel it. But no one was there.

I get sleep paralysis - it can be some scary ****. I half wake-up and, physically, my body WILL NOT respond. Sucks big time.

I heard that can happen after a night drinking too much gin. ;)

Thats a real condition????? Ok, that explains another encounter with the supernatural.

In college, my 2 roommates and I were walking home from the bar after tons of beer. We are cutting through an alley to take a shortcut home, and my roommate decides he needs to take a piss. So he does, right there in the alley.

He finishes up, and im like "oh snap! You just pissed on a church!" Im not religious, so i didnt think anything of it. He's irish catholic, he was mortified.

The next day he finally walks out to the living room about 2 pm and was like "I woke up paralyzed this morning." He thought it was God's wrath or something. :laugh:

Thats a real condition????? Ok, that explains another encounter with the supernatural.
Never heard of it happening from beer. Just one time my brother-in-law got smashed on gin in high-school and was paralyzed til about 3PM the next day.

Can I ask just one question? All of you guys are telling stories (well, not all, but some) about crazy stuff that happens in the house on multiple occasions. Okay, I see some predator looking thing in the air, I'm moving out. I get splashed with water? I'm moving out. I see doors slamming? I'm moving out. Alarm clocks blaring? I'm moving out. Not the next morning, not the following week, that evening. Pack it up! This place has got f'ing ghosts.

Can I ask just one question? All of you guys are telling stories (well, not all, but some) about crazy stuff that happens in the house on multiple occasions. Okay, I see some predator looking thing in the air, I'm moving out. I get splashed with water? I'm moving out. I see doors slamming? I'm moving out. Alarm clocks blaring? I'm moving out. Not the next morning, not the following week, that evening. Pack it up! This place has got f'ing ghosts.

C'mon herrmag, not all ghosts are bad:

casper-pictures.jpg

some are just gay.

My story is not all that great. I was staying the night at the babysitters house on Appomatix in Manassas (babysitter was my moms best friend, before any smart a** comments are made). Well for those that don't know the area, this was part of the area used in the Battles of Bull Run (Manassas) in the Civil War. Me and the babysitters son and his cousin are staying up all night playing Atari in the basement when it got really cold (it was summer). We turned around and the basement was no longer there. We were in a field, and a column of soldiers was marching past. We were scared out of our minds. All we could do was sit there frozen, whispering that we hoped they couldn't se us. After a while, the line finished walking past and we hauled a** upstairs and woke up the adults. All three of us have the same memories of that night, yet we still questioned if it really happened. The people that moved into the house when it was sold, told my moms friend that they have seen this same thing on multiple occasions....

Still get the chills thinking about it!

Archived