Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nothing to see here. Move along.

E-Dog Night

I'll agree with you on that much. But the point is, we looked BAD in last nights game. I thought Mark had plenty of room to scramble and made a bad decision. I seriously hope we don't play that bad in regular season. Give the benefit of the doubt, Marvin Lewis DID keep his starters in longer.

:2cents:

No Marvin Lewis really didn't. Wright is the 2nd string QB, and Chad Johnson and Rudi Johnson were out of the game at least as fast as the skins took their guys out. The offensive line etc. was 2nd string at least by the time the redskins switched.

Ladell is not as solid as many may think. Maybe he'll step up - but lets not act like he's Mike Anderson, I don't think Ladell has had 20 carries in back to back games ever in his whole career.

No Marvin Lewis really didn't. Wright is the 2nd string QB, and Chad Johnson and Rudi Johnson were out of the game at least as fast as the skins took their guys out. The offensive line etc. was 2nd string at least by the time the redskins switched.

Ladell is not as solid as many may think. Maybe he'll step up - but lets not act like he's Mike Anderson, I don't think Ladell has had 20 carries in back to back games ever in his whole career.

Yes Marvin Lewis DID. His starting Line was in there the whole first quarter, the starting D was in there part of the 2nd quarter and some guys played all the way through. It was Houz who caught the flea flicker and Reed Doughty who was covering him. Wright was covering the slot receiver on that play. So, essentially, yes, Chad was out, but everyone else was in. Lewis is known for coddling Chad that goes without saying, but when the Bengals made any progess whatsoever, it was against our second team D vs 90% of their starters.

When hasn't it been Mark "my favorite play is throwing the ball away" Brunell's fault? Anthony Wright looked better than Brunnell last night. I don't even think Brunell even cares if we win as long as he can pick up his extremely too large paycheck. I already miss Patrick Ramsey. The talent on our team only gets older as we struggle to find a quarterback that can actually take us deep into the playoffs. Remember the Seahawks game last year? Totally Brunell's fault.

Just one thing..... :stfu:

The bigest thing is this could be a careerthreatening injury for Portis, because it could keep happening . Good job we have a 1st round pick next year because we now have a position of need RB.

:yikes: Are you ****ing kidding me? Yeah, sure thing, let's draft a running back next year. Better yet, let's trade Taylor Jacobs for LT...but only if he'll sign for the vet min plus incentives :doh: :doh: :doh:

Yes Marvin Lewis DID. His starting Line was in there the whole first quarter, the starting D was in there part of the 2nd quarter and some guys played all the way through. It was Houz who caught the flea flicker and Reed Doughty who was covering him. Wright was covering the slot receiver on that play. So, essentially, yes, Chad was out, but everyone else was in. Lewis is known for coddling Chad that goes without saying, but when the Bengals made any progess whatsoever, it was against our second team D vs 90% of their starters.

Chris Henry caught the flea flicker. Yeah, they left the first string in longer but I think they had to because they need to get Wright in a rythm in case Palmer isn't ready. We were slightly more vanilla and they played the starters a little longer but bottom line, our reserves were **** compared to theirs. At least yesterday. It's only preseason, though, and our first team D looked dominant. Our first team O wasn't bad, just some timing to get down and getting on the same page with the new guys and we'll be fine.

Jesus people, I'm not through page 4 of this thread and you guys are giving me a freaking headache. Lock, Stock put it best "Chill, Winston." It's the first freakin' preseason game, for heaven's sake. Sure there were upsides and there were downsides, but in the scheme of things it means nothing.

I know everyone has these unattainable expectations, but that doesn't mean you people have to freak the **** out on each other.

The season doesn't start for another month!!

These games are important to run against live contact. As soon as someone gets injured, they blame the situation. Injuries happen and these practices are important. Portis would have gotten injured the first real contact he had anyway. His body must get used to full on contact...BEFORE the season starts...he has a good month to heal...

Cmon guys.... injuries are going to happen. Doesnt matter if its the first game of preseason, or the SuperBowl.

we need to see how these backups are going to fare, especially our backup RBs and OLineman. Lets enjoy the process of seeing who ultimately earns the spot as a 2006 Redskin.

I agree but I don't want to see it happen in this fashion. Yes injuries suck and its part of the game but its just unfortunate that so many had to happen in the first preseason game (which should be 1 of 2 IMO).

I think we actually did fine. Sure our reserves sucked, but half of those guys will not even make the team, and the other half will now even make the field. It is important to see what happened last night. How would we have known how good Reed Doughty is (not really) or what Kenny Wright brings to the table (needs improvement.) The portis injury is not bad at all, trust me he will be there vs. the Vikings. They will probably just keep him out ther rest of the preseason games though. Nothing to freak out about here. Give them a month and we will be fine.

The problem I had with the game is the way our quarterbacks stunk it up. Jason Campbell looked ok, but he didn't have anyone on the offense to help. I would like to see him with the starters. How are we going to know how good he is when he is playing with 3rd string people?

Brunell was horrible. He caused the injury to Portis by throwing the ball right into the arms of the Bengals. He had a simple decision, throw the ball away, live to see another down. I thought he was going to show up this year with a different attitude, but I was wrong. Collins looked so bad when he started, I felt embarassed for him. An interception to a defensive lineman? Than a safety for doing the same thing again? Can we just forfeit the preseason games??

Yeah, and that's bush league. You just have to be a complete jerk to call a flea flicker in preseason. Much like the Colts going for the onside kick last week, that reflects poor sportsmanship, IMO. That stuff can easily be worked on in practice, and why would you even show those cards when practically every other coach is keeping things strictly vanilla at this stage?

Either Lewis is still bitter at our organization or he is feeling tremendous heat to take attention away from the numerous offseason problems and give the fans a quick fix with a heady preseason win. That was just weak.

Man, there are a few people on this board who need to stop crying- I'm getting tired of this crap. Honestly, grow a pair of balls between you legs. One piece of bad luck, some people gotta start acting like females! Offense looked good, overall. O-line was excellent.

You all need to realize there are a bunch of Pukes fans on their boards already posting a bunch of crap about what you are saying here and generalizing us all as a bunch of winey bi****s, talking about Brunell sucks are whatnot. They "love watching us squirm", according to their boards. I don't want to lumped in with you all.

Chicken Littles- if you can't control you little emotions, you need to at least not make everyone else look like you- just keep you mouths shut!

I couldn't of said it better myself! :applause:

It's happening already.

After the first PRE-SEASON game no less :doh:

So here it is, a thread for all the whiny, fair weather fans

Please feel free to post all season long about how much the Skins suck, right here. Maybe we can even sticky the thread :D

That way, the rest of us don't have to read the whining in every stinkin' thread

Thank you

It is amazing to see how much importance some people put into the first preseason game. It is the PRESEASON...Pre meaning before the season. This game means nothing. The players are out there knocking off the cobwebs of the offseason or working hard to learn the NFL game. You cannot expect much out of these games but to see some progress. I am sure everything will be fine.

HTTR!! :logo:

KRSONE's persuasive logic and prescient arguments have finally convinced me to yield to his measure. I'm going to take the little pikn cianide pill I recovered from Hitlers' bunker. Won't somebody please write my mother and tell her the shape I'm in?

Good grief! Walking through life with an uncontrolled negative outlook is the caste of a looser. Changing your thinking habits will do you a world of good. If the team had this attitude, they never would have defeated Dallas in the closing minutes of the first game and brought themselves back from near disaster to win their last six games to burst into the playoffs.

what's looser? let me guess, u were jumping with joy while the skins looked horrendous on O. good for you.

negative outlook? u know how to read buddy? what part of when i said " however, our Defense looked awsome," did u not understand?

here is a suggestion. try reading before u reply. easy as that.

It's happening already.

After the first PRE-SEASON game no less :doh:

So here it is, a thread for all the whiny, fair weather fans

Please feel free to post all season long about how much the Skins suck, right here. Maybe we can even sticky the thread :D

That way, the rest of us don't have to read the whining in every stinkin' thread

Thank you

I'm agreeing with Sarge? Someone call Lucifer and tell him to pass me a snowcone.

Brunell was horrible. He caused the injury to Portis by throwing the ball right into the arms of the Bengals. He had a simple decision, throw the ball away, live to see another down. I thought he was going to show up this year with a different attitude, but I was wrong. Collins looked so bad when he started, I felt embarassed for him. An interception to a defensive lineman? Than a safety for doing the same thing again? Can we just forfeit the preseason games??

No, COLLINS was horrible. Brunell was just all right. MB made one bad decision, which I'm not especially worried about since he only threw 10 INTs last year. Plus, part of the blame for that play might rest on Lloyd since Brunell was either trying to throw the ball out of bounds and failed OR expected BL to go outside, instead of in.

Archived