Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nothing to see here. Move along.

E-Dog Night

yet at the same time, OUR 2 or 3 defensive drives were awsome even with the turnovers. So what is it, our O players just takes longer to warm up? as for over analying, ive not analyzed anything buddy. ive just bascially stated what i saw on the field by brunell and collins.

Yes, offensive players take longer to gel, absolutely. Especially when the offensive players are learning a new scheme and you've got quarterbacks throwing to receivers they've never worked with...all at game speed for the first time. Geesh.

But if one of our starters gets hurt, they have to compete against starters. I'm well aware its only the first preseason game so I'm not going to pass judgement just yet. But they do look awful for the most part tonight.

Yeah but 1 back up going against starters is a lot different than all back ups going starters. I think the 1 area that depth is a big concern for the Skins is on the oline. There's pretty good depth at most of the other positions if you think about it. Our back up oline does look terrible though.

Dude, seriously...you watched two series of a new offensive scheme being run by a quarterback that is throwing to new receivers he's never worked with. Relax...really.

right and what happened in those two series? what causes balls to be over thrown especially when the WR is open? ill tell u this much buddy, ive been patient with brunell and he aint getting any younger. i said he wasnt getting any younger last yr as well. u do the math.

right and what happened in those two series? what causes balls to be over thrown especially when the WR is open? ill tell u this much buddy, ive been patient with brunell and he aint getting any younger. i said he wasnt getting any younger last yr as well. u do the math.

TROLL ALERT....I don't know how it took me so long to ID this guy. DON'T FEED THE TROLL.

How was that a good smart answer to you?

All he told you was essentially that is the first pre-season game and things come with time.

Unfortunately you already informed us that you weren't "relaxed" even though you knew you should be becuase its only preseason. So clearly we know that you aren't any more relaxed now that you read his post.

because he actually stuck to the subject and answered/replied accordingly. something u should try to do instead of trying to act like an internet police. like ive said, if u dont like what ive posted, dont reply period . easy as that.

This game is the perfect example of why the preseason should either be done away with or made into regular season games.

I don't know if I can agree with that...not completely anyway. We need preseason - but I don't know if it has to be 4 games. 2 games is probably enough to test your "bubble" guys in game situations.

But I thought this was a "deep thought?"

are u like one of those guys where poster needs to literally spell everything out for u?

here, let me make it easy for u. my thought from my initial post was " why is it that our O looks like same from last yr towards the latter part of the reg season and playoffs while our D hasnt missed a beat and is playing great."

reading comprehension.

I would agree with 2 games..but I had a thread earlier but it was closed. I don't know why it was closed but I was asking why is Collins playing? isn't he here just to mentor? we need to have Brunell play more reps...he looked nervous, no timing ect..we need him sharp and ready to do..then if you don't play him play Campbell, these are your 2 QB's...of course just my opinion....

Really? Are you serious? Ok...physical training, learning the play book, initial work on patterns, etc.

the hell? u should be asking urself the same thing. so ur telling me that thats what the redskins were doing for the past two weeks? are u serious? in order to learn the new play book, u think they just sit there and read? u dont think they , during training camp actually try out these plays against redskins D? i hope u were kidding. if brunell doesnt know his receiver's speed by now, may God help us. Now not toatally knowing the play book is understandable.

the hell? u should be asking urself the same thing. so ur telling me that thats what the redskins were doing for the past two weeks? are u serious? in order to learn the new play book, u think they just sit there and read? u dont think they , during training camp actually try out these plays against redskins D? i hope u were kidding. if brunell doesnt know his receiver's speed by now, may God help us. Now not toatally knowing the play book is understandable.

It must be draining to insist on constantly seeing everything in the most negative light...

I would agree with 2 games..but I had a thread earlier but it was closed. I don't know why it was closed but I was asking why is Collins playing? isn't he here just to mentor? we need to have Brunell play more reps...he looked nervous, no timing ect..we need him sharp and ready to do..then if you don't play him play Campbell, these are your 2 QB's...of course just my opinion....

Your argument about Brunell would make more sense if:

1) He were a young QB instead of a seasoned vet...

2) The regular season started tomorrow...

The Skins have three more weeks of practice and preseason games to get Brunell more reps, to get him sharper and ready to go...why do we insist that EVERYONE on the damn team be perfect right off the bat??...

Thank GOD that Gibbs doesn't panic and freak like 98% of the fans do...he's staying the course because he sees the big picture, and isn't concentrating on making sure fans don't start to become worried. I'm glad Collins stayed in, as planned...it'll pay HUGE dividends down the road.

Please for the love of god tell me u are not really a redskins fan. that would make me feel much better.

if brunell doesnt know his receiver's speed by now, may God help us.

the hell? (seems like a great new way to start a post.)

You don't think that it might take time for these things to develop even though they were being worked on during camp? Specifically, don't you think the receiver/qb relationship takes a lot of work to perfect?

Wait, everyone here knows you think that because you thought this was a good, smart, post:

One thing that i noticed is the timing between Brunell and Lloyd. These are things that are going to come with time.

So maybe we don't need "gods help" if Brunell is still working on his relationships with the receivers. Deep thought. :doh:

Archived