Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Serious ? for Skins Fans

#284ever

Do you consider WR to be a weakness for the Cowboys?

To be honest Glenn is getting up in age but still a threat, TO is TO one of the best in the game now but still over 30

Crayton is gonna be good, I mean last year he was off to a good start before he got hurt and the year before that we did very well for a 7th round pick.

To me behind our TO,Glenn and Crayton I am alittle concerned, but when i look at things we dont have money tied up in veterans at the 4-6 spot, or high round picks (jacobs) that are not producing.

One thing I am confident about is our scouting department and our front offices ability to churn the bottom of the roster for this year, and to get us some WR next year for the future.

Look man... I am so tired of bickering with you. I have a wife who does a much better job at it. LOL

OK. In all seriousness, I dont think it was your O-line that did you in last year. It your lack of offense when you needed it most. Hell... we had the same problem in the playoffs.

Your O-line is not very good anymore and the players you picked up are not proven YET. I dont know what they will do. That remains to be seen. They are a talented bunch, but talent is not everything in the NFL. You should know that.

Our O-line has gotten progressivley better over the last couple of seasons. You may remember 03 and 04 when Ramsey and Brunell were more like tackle dummies than quarterbacks. I think we are going to do even better this year. AND YES!!! We are all very worried about depth in our O-line. But our O-line was not our weakness last year. Our lack of recievers were. I think we handled that pretty well.

Lastly, I think Dallas had a good draft, but not for this year. Next year or the year after is when that O-line is going to be solid again.

I hope this will silence the bickering.:2cents:

No one is bickering and no one is holding a gun to your head or the head of your family to make you respond to me. You do it out of free choice, just like i post out of free choice.

Yes, O-line depth is a concern but it is much less of a concern for the Skins than it is the Cowboys. We will only have to worry about our depth if injuries occur. And if one guy gets hurt he will have two quality guys on either side to help cover any short comings he might have. The Cowboys worry about O-line depth is twofold. They not only have to worry about injuries but they also have to worry that their starters aren't up to snuff. Only one of your starters played well last year and he is coming off of a major knee injury. Neither of the guys you brought in played well last year. Obviously your backups last year crapped the bed.

Have fun with that.

No one is bickering and no one is holding a guy to your head or the head of your family to make you respond to me. You do it out of free choice, just like i post out of free choice.

The bickering remark was my sorry attempt at humor. Sorry if I offended thee.

BTW... 9 - 7 is NOT a good record. It is just one step away from .500 and that will never get you into the playoffs. In fact, the Cowboys have not done better than 9 - 7 in the past 5 years. So stop with this "we were only behind you by 1 win" stuff. One win in this league is a huge difference, not a small one, as I am sure you felt last year during the Rams game. Hey, if it is any consolation, I feel for ya. The Redskins were breaking my heart for years. I still loved them, but they were heart breakers.

The point i am trying to make is you redskin fans need to stop clingy to what happened last year when injuries occured, and look at what is going on this year.

You couldn't be more of a hypocrite for that statement. You know haw many of your kind try to refute our glory by saying crap like "Well we owned you guys that last 10 years....blah blah blah).

If anyone needs to live in the present its cowboys fans more so then us. Granted yes we are still enjoying the results of last year but so what? Like you said when you guys beat us again then you can start talking. How's that for living in the present chump.:redpunch:

Yes, but not as concerned as I am for you and the various boots you will be removing from your ass after some of the crazier fans on this board respond to this. You are about to get a beatdown, cyber style {dork laugh} :laugh:

kick his ass C-Bass!

:rotflmao:

Yeah, I'm worried about our O-Line. Didn't think we did enough in the offseason to build any depth. It's going to be very hard to make the playoffs with a thin O-Line despite having talent elsewhere.

WELL I am a boys fan I didn't come in here bashing your starters just ? your depth. I also wanted to bring to your attention that if our oline is so terrible and yours is so stable then why were we seperated by 1 win. Espically when we had so many Variables thrown at us (Adams, Petitie, Riveria).

Whatever the reason, it wasn't because our lines were close in performance level.

Bledsoe was sacked 49 times, the third most he's suffered in 12 full seasons. (13 or more games)

Brunell was sacked 27 times, the fewest he's ever had in his 9 full seasons.

Your team averaged 3.57 yards per rush, good enough for 26th in the league.

Our team averaged 4.16 yards per rush, 10th in the league.

Our lines weren't even close last year.

Well it must have been serious enough for the Washington Post to address it this morning.

And we know if the Post addresses it, then it must be gospel.

Look, last year we had problems with Oline depth. We had 40 year old Ray Brown as the top backup which at the time was a worry because he was so old. Now we are supposed to panic bc he has retired. We don't have nonstarter that will go to the probowl and if all the starters get hit by a bus then we are in deep caca but I have faith in Bugel that he can find 2 or 3 adequate backups.

Whatever the reason, it wasn't because our lines were close in performance level.

Bledsoe was sacked 49 times, the third most he's suffered in 12 full seasons. (13 or more games)

Brunell was sacked 27 times, the fewest he's ever had in his 9 full seasons.

Your team averaged 3.57 yards per rush, good enough for 26th in the league.

Our team averaged 4.16 yards per rush, 10th in the league.

Our lines weren't even close last year.

OWNED!!!:applause:

I would not say owned, but I would say that HENRY , went out and did some research and brought something to the conversation. Unlike passizle and your so highly educated responses.

The fact is that you came in here trolling and encountered a hostile response. If you truly didn't believe that you would receive at least some responses of this caliber makes your dilusional.

This thread is for all intent and purposes closed. You received your answer.

I would not say owned, but I would say that HENRY , went out and did some research and brought something to the conversation. Unlike passizle and your so highly educated responses.

Bottom line is...we beat Tampa Bay in the Wild Card game while the Cowgirls watched it on TV... :laugh:

Of course OLine depth is a worry, it is for about every team in the league. But I tell you what it is better than last year right now. The training camp performances have been pretty encouraging this year. If I am worried more about one position it is at Tackle.

As for your attempt to turn this into our line is up their with yours please stop. Our starting five from Week Seven onwards started playing like a real strong unit. In the last nine games we suffered just 11 sacks. Fact is through the first 7 weeks we dealt with a new centre and a player with two broken thumbs who had missed the entire previous season. Once they gelled not only did the sack total halve but we averaged 36 more yards per game more on the ground.

You alluded to Flozell going down last year, but even at that point you were struggling having given up 13 sacks already. If you are expecting that a man the size of Flozell is going to play at his previous greatness after that injury forget about it. You should be worrying about not only your depth but your starters because frankly it aint great.

Bottom line is...we beat Tampa Bay in the Wild Card game while the Cowgirls watched it on TV... :laugh:

Ok bottom line is that we won 3 superbowls some time ago, and you guys went to the playoffs last year.

ONe common denominator about those 2 statements. THEY ALL HAPPENED IN THE PAST.

Ok bottom line is that we won 3 superbowls some time ago, and you guys went to the playoffs last year.

Of course, one is the recent past and the other the DISTANT past. A decade is a LONG time, 7 mos is not.

You came in trolling with a reasonable question. But you are still a troll reading your posts.

Oline depth- big problem

Oline experience- not a problem

The fact that you don't know our starters are seasoned vets tells me I need to put you on ignore.

No Ndukwe and that Tackle from the CFL have shown me enough to be satisfied, considering how good our starters are on the Oline.

If we have like 3-4 season ending injuries on our Oline, well then that happens and we deal with it. But take 3-4 injuries at QB, or RB or WR or LBer or DT or DE or CB or Safety, thats just the way it is, it will be a problem no matter what.

There are very few teams, with the Eagles being a glaring exception, that have a decent amount of "true depth" at the O-line.:whoknows: :whew:

Archived