Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Serious ? for Skins Fans

#284ever

Our team averaged 4.16 yards per rush, 10th in the league.

Our lines weren't even close last year.

Over the last six games of last season, Tiki and LJ both rushed for 200+ yds twice. However, over that span the Redskins had the most rushing yds of any team in football. This is even more impressive when you consider that Brunell and Thomas both got injured in week 16. Our starting line is DOMINANT, therefore, depth is not as big an issue at these positions.

No Ndukwe and that Tackle from the CFL have shown me enough to be satisfied, considering how good our starters are on the Oline.

If we have like 3-4 season ending injuries on our Oline, well then that happens and we deal with it. But take 3-4 injuries at QB, or RB or WR or LBer or DT or DE or CB or Safety, thats just the way it is, it will be a problem no matter what.

There are very few teams, with the Eagles being a glaring exception, that have a decent amount of "true depth" at the O-line.:whoknows: :whew:

I agree, especially about the eagles - one good thing about all those injuries for them last year is the experience their backups got (and assessment of the backups that the coaches got).

One guy I really like based on what I've heard about and from him is Jasper Harvey.

The only concern I have about Ndukwe and Woodard(sp?) is the idea that Buges is now trying Walters out at Tackle (even before Molinaro was injured, I believe -I have no doubt someone will correct me if I'm mistaken). Hopefully this stems out of the versatility angle - if Walters can play guard, center and tackle then that is one or even two roster spots saved. This is especially important given the close calls the coaches are going to have to make with Lumsden, White, Broughton, Jacobs, Espy, Havner, Simon, McCune, etc.

I would not say owned, but I would say that HENRY , went out and did some research and brought something to the conversation. Unlike passizle and your so highly educated responses.

Yeah, well --- your mother's ugly and she dresses you funny!

:doh: :cheers:

Well it must have been serious enough for the Washington Post to address it this morning.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...6080801300.html

What? The Redskins need depth on their offensive line? I hadn't heard that. :)

Redskins Look for Depth on The Line

Backups Likely To Play Key Roles

By Jason La Canfora

Washington Post Staff Writer

Wednesday, August 9, 2006; Page E01

After a 20-year career, offensive lineman Ray Brown now is happily retired and contemplating a future in broadcasting. The Washington Redskins' most trusted remaining backup, third-year tackle Jim Molinaro, is scheduled for surgery to repair torn meniscus in his knee today. The five players comprising the second-team offensive line during yesterday's practices had a grand total of 27 NFL starts among them, and three of them have yet to appear in a regular season game.

For the first time in the second Joe Gibbs era, the Redskins are heading into the preseason without proven depth at offensive line. Coming off a season in which four starting linemen suffered significant injuries, their ability to cultivate adequate understudies could become a telltale subplot of 2006. Even the most ardent football junkie would have a hard time identifying the non-starters on the offensive line in this camp, although it stands to reason that at least a few of the role players will be called on at some point.

Click on link for rest of article

This is a boiler-plate type article that could easily fit about 31 other teams.

If there's any team or fan of a team that says that they're not concerned about O-line depth, they're either ignorant or flat out lying.

No, I don't generally concern myself with things I can't control. The only real concern I ever have is about the coaching staff, and this staff I trust. In the NFL, especially in the era of true free-agency, you WILL lack known depth in several positions (you may even be weak at starting positions). Major components in winning include the ability to coach around these weaknesses, finding you actually do have depth/starters through trial by fire and/or just getting lucky and never having to deal with them.

I would not say owned, but I would say that HENRY , went out and did some research and brought something to the conversation. Unlike passizle and your so highly educated responses.

LOL, meaning that all it took was about 0:30 research on the internet to show that you are completely wrong about your initial premise. And to set the record straight. There were about 30 posts in this thread where people brought in facts and reasoning that destroyed your premise as well. Henry just laid them out in a simple format that wasn't over your head.

But in the end :owned: was correctly used.

Hey budd. I give what I get. You do not give educated posts, so you get the same in return.

I do wonder if they are having less contact because they are concerned about depth. I don't know if that is actual reason and it makes sense that the team doesn't want players to be worn down by DEC., but it seems that if they are just getting used to contact in the preseason I do have a tiny bit of concern. Injuries I guess are just too unpredictable. They can happen with contact or without. So I guess it really is negligiblle.

I believe what the guy wants us to say is 'oh, do have no depth behind our starters on O-line, oh my I haven't noticed that. What? why yes I do believe that Dallas is going have an awesome O-line this year. I mean Rivera is definetly going back to GB form, and the other cats are just coming into their bad awesome selves'.

Come on, skins fans aren't going to say that. We will always point to how the coaches can turn anybody into a pro-bowler. That's our M.O. That's the way the skins fans operate. Undying optimism in the team and it's coaches. Hey it might not be the most realistic attitude in the world but hey this a just entertainment for us fans and that's the way I like it. Who's with me? :) :helmet: :helmet: :helmet:

What's sad #284ever is that not only is this a poor attempt at trolling, it's an excact copy of a thread started by WB36 in ATN about the pukes that must really have burned your butt.

But, hey, what I've seen, you've gotten the thrashing you deserved.

Have a nice day.

Hey troll,

The problem with you pukes fans is that you ride way too far forward in the saddle. The saddlehorn rides way up in your chutes, and it distracts you and affects your thinking. A torn, stetched out hoop isn't going to make you more attractive to your fellow pukes fans, is it? Just crawl back in your (or your buddies) hole.

Our OL depth is only as good as your starters, and that does concern me.

Archived