Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Update on my speech from Saturday!

LiveStrongSkins

Well I gave my speech at the Fairfax Hospital Physicians Conference Center on Saturday and it went extremely well. (For those who dont know, I was asked to be a guest speaker at a conference highliting young cancer survivors.)I ditched my written speech and just went with my heart. I changed the tune of my speech when I saw the number of people in the crowd who were currently undergoing treatment. It changed to more of a motivational speech. Having parents come up to me in tears thanking me for giving their sons and daughters hope was the best feeling of my life. The biggest surprise came at the end of the day when a coordinator from the Lance Armstrong Foundation came up to me and told me that she would love for me to give that same speech at various conferences around the country. Shes working around my schedule to see when I'll be able to speak at another one. Thanks for the people on this site who gave me good advice heading into Saturday. It ended up being one of the biggest days of my life! :cheers:

Well I gave my speech at the Fairfax Hospital Physicians Conference Center on Saturday and it went extremely well....

Wow. I can't even imagine what it must have felt like to give that speech, even being able to give it all. Sounds like you were a big hit too. Keep up the good work. Awesome to hear that you're inspiring those folks who are so bad off right now.

Congratulations LiveStrong!! That's great that you get to be a shining example of hope for those going through what you've already beaten. Best of luck on future speaking engagements!

:cheers:

Thanks alot. :cheers:

There are so many young hero's out here who have fought and defeated cancer. Heck, there are even some on this site. Theyll tell you, its so important to give back to the cancer community. The people who get diagnosed are distraught at first. They literally hang on to every word a survivor says. Giving hope is very important. My name doesnt pack the same punch as Lance's, but I'll dedicate my life to helping people kick this nasty disease.

Well I gave my speech at the Fairfax Hospital Physicians Conference Center on Saturday and it went extremely well. (For those who dont know, I was asked to be a guest speaker at a conference highliting young cancer survivors.)I ditched my written speech and just went with my heart. I changed the tune of my speech when I saw the number of people in the crowd who were currently undergoing treatment. It changed to more of a motivational speech. Having parents come up to me in tears thanking me for giving their sons and daughters hope was the best feeling of my life. The biggest surprise came at the end of the day when a coordinator from the Lance Armstrong Foundation came up to me and told me that she would love for me to give that same speech at various conferences around the country. Shes working around my schedule to see when I'll be able to speak at another one. Thanks for the people on this site who gave me good advice heading into Saturday. It ended up being one of the biggest days of my life! :cheers:

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy,

Congrats LSS!! Keep up the good work, im sure what your doing means a lot to those undergoing treatment. All of us here on ES are very proud of you. You are truly a blessing and now a hero in the eyes of so many more.

Hail to you brotha!!! :1stplace::1stplace::1stplace:

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy,

Congrats LSS!! Keep up the good work, im sure what your doing means a lot to those undergoing treatment. All of us here on ES are very proud of you. You are truly a blessing and now a hero in the eyes of so many more.

Hail to you brotha!!! :1stplace::1stplace::1stplace:

Thanks for the awesome words PC07! You guys on Extreme helped alot of those chemo days go alot faster...:cheers:

Archived