Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

See with your own eyes the Lebanon that I know

DCSKINZ80

Uhh, guys, not trying to play "mod" here, but can we just accept this thread for what it is? I'm not saying it's either of your faults that this is where it's headed, but we could cut it off at the pass. We have at least a couple threads we could go debate this topic in.

^^I totally agree, it would be great if we could have ONE positive or even semi positive thread on Lebanon...i'm no mod, so i guess to each his own

I apollogize for what I contributed. Lebanon has a beautifull landscape, and holds some great historical sites. Tyre is one of my personal favorites.

DCSKINZ80,

I just asked my mother and she said your grandfathers house was right next to ours. And that my father knows your family. My dads sleeping right now, but I'll be sure to ask him about it tomorrow

edit: It's all good DW, You're right it is a beautiful place. it just needs to be rebuilt, again.

DCSKINZ80,

I just asked my mother and she said your grandfathers house was right next to ours. And that my father knows your family. My dads sleeping right now, but I'll be sure to ask him about it tomorrow

edit: It's all good DW, You're right it is a beautiful place. it just needs to be rebuilt, again.

Yeah? that's awesome.. very small world... I would guess that your dad then knows my whole family including my parents and possibly me and my brothers. We used to spend a lot of time up there especially during the war years.

Ntotoro that's just a bit much. I'll be expecting an apology for your uncalled-for comments forthwith.

You'll get none.

I've said what it in my heart, in my mind and in the experience of my family, who left Lebanon several years ago. Some are still there, however, and I haven't heard from them. I only worry that the dogs have gotten them killed.

Yeah? that's awesome.. very small world... I would guess that your dad then knows my whole family including my parents and possibly me and my brothers. We used to spend a lot of time up there especially during the war years.

My dad does remember the family name. He thinks your father had 2 brothers and three sisters and moved to ny after the war? His memory isnt the greatest and he doesn't sound completely sure but...Anyway he says I have never meet you or and anyone from your family. You speak to your father yet?

The Lebanese Government does not "allow" anything.

If Israel were truly concerned about maintaining, she would go after Syria and Iran, the two-headed snake that is Hezb'allah. That would take care of it in one swoop. She's not strong enough, though.

Hopefully Lebanon will be beautiful again.

Myself, I was kind of hoping Lebenon would take advantage of the Israeli strike and team up with Israel to rid itself of these *******s

Nice to live in that little fantasy world isn't it DCskinz80?

Meanwhile, in the REAL world, Siniora and Aoun are siding with Nasrallah. The Lebanese "government" for six years refused to implement UN Resolution 1559. For 25 years Hezbollah has been arming, training, and readying for war under Iranian tutelage.

Let's cut the bs and discuss the truth of what has been happening and what needs to happen- rather than try to cover what you WISH were happening..

It would be great if Lebanon were filled with rivers of chocalate, pixie stick houses, and lemon gum drops.

Unfortunately, reality is not as pleasant. Because THIS is also Lebanon.

And until DCskinz80 and his people rise up against Hezbollah- nothing will change.

Yeah that might be true, but keep that crap to another thread. You guys are getting really annoying bringing politics in here. So if you can't post in here without going into the current political situation/Israeli conflict there, then just don't post in the thread, please. I mean unless you guys have suddenly gone blind there is not much excuse, it's been said quite a few times already.

AFC, take your **** somewhere else man. Can you go one day without being a jackass? Why do you constantly feel the need to be pushing people buttons? I thank you for years of service but why do you feel the need post negatively in this thread? I'm surprised a Mod hasn't stepped in yet and asked for this thread to be kept on track..There are at least four threads on the war in Lebanon that are meant for political discussion...its not that hard

You guys have trouble reading?? This thread was created so instead of focusing on all the blood shed, rockets and people dying, we could see and enjoy the beautiful sites of Lebanon. There are plenty of other threads in which you can spew your ignorant remarks. I dont want to hi-jack this thread, so i wont respond to anything you say in response to this post....However, feel free to pm me

Mods should just close this thread those of us who are in reality and have been for the last 3 decades of Lebanon terror crap can't deal with the morons in fantasyland

Mods should just close this thread those of us who are in reality and have been for the last 3 decades of Lebanon terror crap can't deal with the morons in fantasyland

Morons in fantasy land? Sounds like a personal attack... I think your goal is to get this thread closed down. There are plenty of threads in which you can discuss the terrible things going on in Lebanon, this isnt one of them.

Oh, please, this thread was just started to show a side of Lebanon that a lot of people don't get to see. If folks want to complain about what they view as the real Lebanon, they ought to start their own thread about such.

No one here is trying to white wash over the terrorism, people just want to see some positive stuff about Lebanon right now, and frankly with all the violence going on there, I don't see how anyone can blame them.

Thanks for this thread man - it certainly did paint a different picture. It's terrible that terrorist groups funded, armed, and protected by neighboring states have brought war to such a beautiful place. Some may not see it, but I understand that most people just want to live their lives in peace. My heart goes out to those people caught who have had their neighborhoods transformed into battlefields by Syria and Iran.

Thanks for this thread man - it certainly did paint a different picture. It's terrible that terrorist groups funded, armed, and protected by neighboring states have brought war to such a beautiful place.

Bottom line.

Thank you for recognizing and understanding that.

Back on topic. The ORIGINAL topic, or those that want to continue to try & derail & hi-jack this thread will find themselves on vacation.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you! Those pics were great. Here's hoping that all the trash can be taken out and it can be brought back.

A very beautiful place and some lovely pictures - thanks for sharing. And between Israel and Lebanon, those countries probably have some of the prettiest gals in that region, too.

I hope these regions are being spared the bulk of the fighting.

Oh man those pcis were so beautiful. My parents have been many times and always told me lebenon was a beautiful country to visit.

I see you have Hernan Cattaneo pic in there - One of my favorite Dj's. Did Sasha and Digweed ever play over there? plus lebenese women are beautiful, I know a few in DC.

What a waste..I hope the country is rebuilt again to look this beautiful!

Archived