Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

See with your own eyes the Lebanon that I know

DCSKINZ80

Thanks...I have some friends from there that returned so I knew it was nice, but they never told me about the snow skiing :cheers:

If you noticed, the slopes are all above the treeline. Currently, another olympic-style ski mountain and resort is under development by the same company that built Whistler and other major european resorts. It's an enormous project: http://www.sanninezenith.com

Israel should be forced to foot the tab for the rebuilding by the US and UN.

:laugh: Why not the hundreds of thousands of Hizbollah supporters that predominate in southern Lebanon and Iran/Syria?

I'll wait for the UN to make Sudan's ruling government foot the tab for its decades long war against blacks (both christian and Muslim.)

But I'll be dead before that happens.

Seems you missed the part where he said just photos and no politics.

Until you admit Hezbollah is a terrorist organization, I don't care what the place looks like! I hope it ends up as a parking lot!

That's ignorant. Just because part of Lebanon is the base for a terrorist organization does not mean that all lebanese support that terrorist organization.

The Lebanese govt allowed a terrorist organizaton to operate a govt within a govt, this terrorost organization hides behind women and children, places its weapons in Mosques and in neighborhoods. It looks like a beautiful country I just don't think the Lebanese people think so or value it if they did they would not allow terrorists to run it. They reap what they sow I hope the Israelis level the place. Either your with us or your against us

No politics, just pictures...
The Lebanese govt allowed a terrorist organizaton to operate a govt within a govt, this terrorost organization hides behind women and children, places its weapons in Mosques and in neighborhoods. It looks like a beautiful country I just don't think the Lebanese people think so or value it if they did they would not allow terrorists to run it. They reap what they sow I hope the Israelis level the place. Either your with us or your against us
Until you admit Hezbollah is a terrorist organization, I don't care what the place looks like! I hope it ends up as a parking lot!

You guys have trouble reading?? This thread was created so instead of focusing on all the blood shed, rockets and people dying, we could see and enjoy the beautiful sites of Lebanon. There are plenty of other threads in which you can spew your ignorant remarks. I dont want to hi-jack this thread, so i wont respond to anything you say in response to this post....However, feel free to pm me

The Lebanese Government does not "allow" anything.

It's Arab and Muslim dogs... trash, who have gone in and destroyed her from within. Syrian dogs control the government and run Lebanon. Arab and Muslim filth have tried to destroy her from within, but it is a minor miracle Lebanon still has a cedar on her flag and not a crescent moon & star.

If Israel were truly concerned about maintaining, she would go after Syria and Iran, the two-headed snake that is Hezb'allah. That would take care of it in one swoop. She's not strong enough, though.

Hopefully Lebanon will be beautiful again.

Ntotoro that's just a bit much. I'll be expecting an apology for your uncalled-for comments forthwith.

he did qualify the elements of those groups though, if he had just said arabs and muslims I would agree with you. He qualified the least desirable of those groups as the cause, so I dont think he owes you an apollogy. Although, I do think he needs to make it more clear.

he did qualify the elements of those groups though, if he had just said arabs and muslims I would agree with you. He qualified the least desirable of those groups as the cause, so I dont think he owes you an apollogy. Although, I do think he needs to make it more clear.

I'd beg to differ. He did not in any way make clear or even imply that he was referring to a specific subset of those groups. Rather, the way it was written, (more than once I'll add) it clearly states a belief that these groups collectively are dogs and filth.

Had I made comments like this about Jews, Whites, Hispanics or any other group of people I'd be immediately taken to task for it-and rightfully so. Furthermore I seriously doubt that anyone on the board would be trying to split hairs in an attempt to justify such comments as you did.

The Lebanese Government does not "allow" anything.

It's Arab and Muslim dogs... trash, who have gone in and destroyed her from within. Syrian dogs control the government and run Lebanon. Arab and Muslim filth have tried to destroy her from within, but it is a minor miracle Lebanon still has a cedar on her flag and not a crescent moon & star.

If Israel were truly concerned about maintaining, she would go after Syria and Iran, the two-headed snake that is Hezb'allah. That would take care of it in one swoop. She's not strong enough, though.

Hopefully Lebanon will be beautiful again.

That's a bit harsh huh? considering that an Arab and Muslim named Rafiq Hariri was responsible for the rebuilding of the whole damn country.

Wow, beautiful pictures and what a fantastic idea for a thread.

I just checked my picture folder on this computer, my pictures from Lebanon are mostly of relatives and Soufar(town in the mountains). Pairs of the middle east baby!

heres one anyway:cheers:

Looks like an old pic? I know exactly where Soufar is. My grandfather actually built a house there in the 1950's and it survived until about 3-5 years ago. It was basically used as the whole family's summer home for decades. If you have family history there, surely they know him and the family.

The gov't expropriated the house in order to build the highest bridge in the Middle East which now is not very high.

bridge-sawfar.jpg

capt.11b3e7ea5b4d425ba807ea9e11b992fc.lebanon_israel_mideast_fighting_un_bei104.jpg

Looks like an old pic? I know exactly where Soufar is. My grandfather actually built a house there in the 1950's and it survived until about 3-5 years ago. It was basically used as the whole family's summer home for decades. If you have family history there, surely they know him and the family.

The gov't expropriated the house in order to build the highest bridge in the Middle East which now is not very high.

bridge-sawfar.jpg

capt.11b3e7ea5b4d425ba807ea9e11b992fc.lebanon_israel_mideast_fighting_un_bei104.jpg

The picture isn't old, its just a bad digital camera, i took the picture two summers ago. My grandfather built a house in Soufar as well, he is very well known in the area, as are his children...All the windows shattered last week when they blew up the bridge/highway. Luckily nobody was home. Let me know your last name or PM it to me, I'm run it by my parents, we could already know each other:cheers:

Here is the house and also the bridge from our balcony:)

IMAG0010.jpg

16.jpg

I'd beg to differ. He did not in any way make clear or even imply that he was referring to a specific subset of those groups. Rather, the way it was written, (more than once I'll add) it clearly states a belief that these groups collectively are dogs and filth.

Had I made comments like this about Jews, Whites, Hispanics or any other group of people I'd be immediately taken to task for it-and rightfully so. Furthermore I seriously doubt that anyone on the board would be trying to split hairs in an attempt to justify such comments as you did.

Hes a good guy and I give him the benefit of the doubt, I dont blame you for not extending that to him cause your on the other side of the fence. The vast majority of us Americans believe there is a distinct difference between Arabs/Muslims and the filth that perpetuate the Nazi ideals of purification of lands as a right of conquest. Dont be offended if I come across as talking from the adult table to the kids table, but the world has decided that we no longer tolerate the taking of national borders through terror and mass civilian bombings.

Did the Germans use that method, yes. Did the US use that method, yes. Yes we fire bombed dresden, yes we have carpet bombed. We are trying to move past that. The problem is, there is still a segment in your population that believes its still righteous to practice that. They are doing it all over the world. What we desperately need is your cooperation to accept world borders, and to help us cease the brutal conflict of territorial war.

If Islam is the greatest thing since sliced bread, so be it and if thats the case I hope people grove to it. If you dont see hezbollah as islamic dogs or filth, I can only assume you see them as true islam. We need the world to reject these wars, wars based on religion.

Israel isnt fighting now cause they want Lebanon, they are fighting cause the arab/islamic filth is acting up and its including greater Islam/Arab people into the pain. There has to come a point where that greater group joins the world in atleast reducing the effectiveness of the filth.

Archived