Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Ranch Report(scout.com) Not to much positivity from Dallas Land

SkinsNoles21

http://cowboys.scout.com/2/551570.html

P.M. WHO'S HOT: Rookie TE Anthony Fasano made a fantastic one-handed grab in one-on-one drills, and Jason Witten was intent on matching the effort on the very next play. Unfortunately, the corner route to Witten was overthrown, causing him to bull through sideline observers and nearly killed San Antonio writer Tom Orsborn. Owner Jerry Jones trotted over to tell the old story of how Barry Switzer once had both knees destroyed by such a sideline hit, and Jones made sure Orsborn was OK.

Nice, Jerry. And nothing against Orsborn. But Cowboys fans would sacrifice a thousand Tom Orsborns to make sure it was Witten who was OK.

P.M. WHO’S NOT: Did I mention that this offensive line is struggling?

Granted, in practice, it can sometimes be difficult to gauge (even by coaches themselves): Is our offensive guy bad? Or is it just that our defensive guy is that good?

Well, let me put it this way: If it’s not that some of the O-linemen are performing at a substandard level, than it’s that the Dallas Cowboys employ five or six defensive linemen destined to be All-Pros.

T.O. IN THE P.M.: In fairness, it must be pointed out: Monday afternoon marked the first revelation of a chink in the Terrell Owens’ armor.

Following a largely bit of unsuccessful 7-on-7 work, offensive assistant Todd Haley summoned his players over to another side of the field. Owens, however, did not join the group, choosing, apparently, to register his disgust by taking a knee alongside the defensive players.

And after practice, T.O. remains on the field for a looong time, first engaging in an animated conversation with Haley, and then meeting with Parcells to voice some additional opinions. No predictions of a coming disaster here; just

a chink in the armor, that’s all.

P.M. MISCELLANY: I’m told Drew Henson’s dad was at practice. And I’m guessing even he didn’t like what he saw. … Tight end Sean Ryan and linebacker Junior Glymph exchanged fisticuffs. … Safety Justin Beriault, woozy from a morning hit, sat out practice. … 6-foot-5 safety Patrick Watkins did it again in the evening workout, recording another interception and more praise from coaches. … QB’s Drew Bledsoe and Jeff Mroz hooked up in a competition to throw 15-yard passes at targets, flags dangling from poles. They were moderately successful, but got put in their place by offensive coach Chris Palmer. The old-timer needed just one throw to hit the flag. “Yeah,’’ Bledsoe cried in mock protest, “but the velocity on yours was like 8 miles per hour.’’

"just a chink in the armor, thats all"...........yea we will see about that. I for one think TO is going to behave this season (he has to) but if this continues who knows what could happen.

The article opened with talks of Lincoln Kennedy and the Cowboys are "looking to fill a need" The offensive line is apparently struggling mightily and I think if it continues, it will spell doom for the Dallas Cowboys in 2006-2007

Can TO and Mike Vanderjagt protect the QB?

Owens, however, did not join the group, choosing, apparently, to register his disgust by taking a knee alongside the defensive players.

And after practice, T.O. remains on the field for a looong time, first engaging in an animated conversation with Haley, and then meeting with Parcells to voice some additional opinions. No predictions of a coming disaster here; just a chink in the armor, that’s all.

let the spinning begin :laugh:

Well, let me put it this way: If it’s not that some of the O-linemen are performing at a substandard level, than it’s that the Dallas Cowboys employ five or six defensive linemen destined to be All-Pros.

hear Poke fans tell it, they have 6 all pro DL... AT LEAST! :silly:

Following a largely bit of unsuccessful 7-on-7 work, offensive assistant Todd Haley summoned his players over to another side of the field. Owens, however, did not join the group, choosing, apparently, to register his disgust by taking a knee alongside the defensive players.

And after practice, T.O. remains on the field for a looong time, first engaging in an animated conversation with Haley, and then meeting with Parcells to voice some additional opinions.

What?? No Way?? That's not like him.

He's not the kind of person that wants to take all of the credit for his team's success; only to separate himself from them when they are not doing well, right?? :D

I'm hoping Haley was telling Owens that Parcells represents the "Green Stripe" and Owens represents "Odor". If you keep behaving like this, trust me, "You don't want to be Odor." :stick:

Red Rover, Red Rover... I wanna' watch Parcells call T.O. over. :munchout:

P.M. WHO'S HOT[/b]:

Well if the Dallas DL is destined to be All-Pros after we get done with Drew our DL is destine to be all HOF. :D

This isnt anything to get worked up about. The offensive line for every team is usually the last group to get back into the swing of things. Anyone who has played football before will tell you that when you start 2-a-days the defense is ahead of the offense for the first 2 weeks. That being said, we dont have 6 pro-bowlers on our d-line, and even if this o-line group plays well, they will still be an average bunch. If this was the 3rd preseason game and they were dragging-ass I might be concerned, but this is only like the 3rd day of practice. Trust me, you'll have your fair share of bad camp reports too....

T.O. IN THE P.M.: In fairness, it must be pointed out: Monday afternoon marked the first revelation of a chink in the Terrell Owens’ armor.

And after practice, T.O. remains on the field for a looong time, first engaging in an animated conversation with Haley, and then meeting with Parcells to voice some additional opinions. No predictions of a coming disaster here; just

a chink in the armor, that’s all.

...and so it begins...

OXNARD, Calif. - The more I watch this offensive line struggle, the more I believe the Cowboys want to see if Lincoln Kennedy still has “it’’ because they truly need “it.’’

And after practice, T.O. remains on the field for a looong time, first engaging in an animated conversation with Haley, and then meeting with Parcells to voice some additional opinions.

:D

Nice, Jerry. And nothing against Orsborn. But Cowboys fans would sacrifice a thousand Tom Orsborns to make sure it was Witten who was OK.

Welcome to the writing that Dallas fans have to put up with. Instead of giving pertinent, detailed, and even accurate information....the Dallas writers seem to be content on trying to be funny.

There's other reports that the O-Line has looked pretty decent. Columbo, Petitti, Adams and Kosier have looked pretty good according to a lot of reports. Andre Gurode had a big practice according to a lot of reports. The main negatives on the O-Line appear to be Adams' knee (supposedly he's limping a bit), Al Johnson (still struggling with bigger DT's) and Rivera (said to not look all that great).

Even still, just about every other team's training camp report reads the same. Defense playing well, offense struggling/sluggish. Happens in the first week of camp every year.

Rich.......

There's other reports that the O-Line has looked pretty decent. Columbo, Petitti, Adams and Kosier have looked pretty good according to a lot of reports. Andre Gurode had a big practice according to a lot of reports. The main negatives on the O-Line appear to be Adams' knee (supposedly he's limping a bit), Al Johnson (still struggling with bigger DT's) and Rivera (said to not look all that great).

Link?

Link?

You might hate to do it, but go over to Cowboyszone.com. Seriously, there's about a million reports out there. In fact, there's one thread on all of the conflicting reports, especially on the O-Line.

I take little stock in any of it. You've got players going 1 on 1 on each other. It would be like watching Jon Jansen do a bunch of drills and he gets beat twice and assuming that Jansen stinks or is in for a long year.

Rich.......

You might hate to do it, but go over to Cowboyszone.com. Seriously, there's about a million reports out there. In fact, there's one thread on all of the conflicting reports, especially on the O-Line.

I take little stock in any of it. You've got players going 1 on 1 on each other. It would be like watching Jon Jansen do a bunch of drills and he gets beat twice and assuming that Jansen stinks or is in for a long year.

Rich.......

For the most part I agree with you, but the big difference is that your O-line stunk last year so hearing any negative reports is more worrisome than a negative report about Jansen. In the end it is just something to talk about here though and you know we love to read the negatives about the Boys.

Edit: and it's pretty obvious that you guys are just as big homers are we are:

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59127

For the most part I agree with you, but the big difference is that your O-line stunk last year so hearing any negative reports is more worrisome than a negative report about Jansen. In the end it is just something to talk about here though and you know we love to read the negatives about the Boys.

I understand that perfectly.

I also understand how *both* fanbases tend to overreact to everything. Fabini has reportedly looked terrible by all accounts and was playing with the 3rd stringers yesterday. Since *everybody* is saying this and he was playing with the 3rd stringers, my guess is that he's looking pretty bad. OTOH, I've heard tons of good reports and tons of negative reports in regards to the O-Line. That's pretty much the norm around the NFL in training camp. We won't have a better idea until the preseason games. And even until then, it won't nearly be as noticeable as the first game.

Rich........

Rich.......

That's cool, I was just joking around actually. Its early in training camp and none of it means all that much. I tend to wait till preseason games to see how guys are going and even that isn't a really great indicator.

That's cool, I was just joking around actually. Its early in training camp and none of it means all that much. I tend to wait till preseason games to see how guys are going and even that isn't a really great indicator.

Yep, I think if you go back to this time last year you will see that every report here said that Brunell couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and Ramsey looked much more relaxed. That all changed once the preseason games started.

Still, it was nice to read about TO sulking already. :D

Archived