Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Ranch Report(scout.com) Not to much positivity from Dallas Land

SkinsNoles21

I *think* he's being sarcastic about our camp? Maybe he's sincere, but that's unexpected from a cowgirl ;) Everything is great for now though. *crosses fingers*

Hearing about TO's tamtrums is priceless though. Afraid it will take about a year to wear them down I predict. Even the cowgirls knew they couldnt have Meshawn and TO on the same team. OMG that would have been hysterical.

Even still, just about every other team's training camp report reads the same.

Well, sure...yeah.

And TO just went up to Coach Gibbs and gave him an earfull....

That's okay, try to ignore TO...maybe he'll go away.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I said it before, and I'll say it again, I'm expecting very big things out of Watkins.

And he will be starting at FS by seasons end.

Hmmm....and what kind of big things do you expect from TO? I'm thinking of a few....

One can't even make crap like this up....

Terrell Owens' day in training camp

08/02/2006

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/APStories/stories/D8J7V05GA.html

Associated Press

A look at Terrell Owens' day in training camp with the Dallas Cowboys on Tuesday.

UNHAPPY CAMPER: The entire offense was out of synch in the lone workout, including the new star receiver. He short-armed and missed a ball over the middle with two defenders closing on him, stayed on the ground for an extra few seconds after leaving his feet and missing a pass in the end zone and dropped a slant in 11-on-11 drills. After a catch by Patrick Crayton, a fan bellowed, "Patrick, show T.O. how to catch the ball."

MOOD-LIFTER: The boss wasn't too disappointed with his big investment. Team owner Jerry Jones chatted with Owens on the sideline and both appeared to be laughing and enjoying the conversation.

STAY AWAY FROM ME: Defensive end-turned-linebacker Greg Ellis has been forced to cover Owens on some plays and it's safe to say he doesn't like it. "I tell him, `Don't come over where I'm at, man. I don't want to have to chase you down the field,'" Ellis said. "Obviously I can't outrun T.O., so if he catches it, somebody needs to make a tackle."

http://cowboys.scout.com/2/551570.html

Following a largely bit of unsuccessful 7-on-7 work, offensive assistant Todd Haley summoned his players over to another side of the field. Owens, however, did not join the group, choosing, apparently, to register his disgust by taking a knee alongside the defensive players.

And after practice, T.O. remains on the field for a looong time, first engaging in an animated conversation with Haley, and then meeting with Parcells to voice some additional opinions. No predictions of a coming disaster here; just

a chink in the armor, that’s all.

"just a chink in the armor, thats all"...........yea we will see about that. I for one think TO is going to behave this season (he has to) but if this continues who knows what could happen.

The article opened with talks of Lincoln Kennedy and the Cowboys are "looking to fill a need" The offensive line is apparently struggling mightily and I think if it continues, it will spell doom for the Dallas Cowboys in 2006-2007

Can TO and Mike Vanderjagt protect the QB?

:applause:

But Dallas players have the better STATS!

Teams win CHAMPIONSHIPS, not STATS.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: STATS :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

http://cowboys.scout.com/2/551570.html

P.M. WHO'S HOT: Rookie TE Anthony Fasano made a fantastic one-handed grab in one-on-one drills, and Jason Witten was intent on matching the effort on the very next play. Unfortunately, the corner route to Witten was overthrown, causing him to bull through sideline observers and nearly killed San Antonio writer Tom Orsborn. Owner Jerry Jones trotted over to tell the old story of how Barry Switzer once had both knees destroyed by such a sideline hit, and Jones made sure Orsborn was OK.

Nice, Jerry. And nothing against Orsborn. But Cowboys fans would sacrifice a thousand Tom Orsborns to make sure it was Witten who was OK.

Lol, I'm from San Antonio and maybe that knocked some sense into him to start writing some better articles!

I expect more of the same from T.O. Just like I expect the Sun to come up tomorrow, I expect T.O. to continue to be his volitile, immature, selfish, arrogant, self. Why would anything change? He's a grown man, this is how he is. Get used to it. It seems like everyone expects T.O. to become a new person in dallas. Its the same guy. He doesn't know how to act, that's all.

Just 1200 eh? Is he gonna miss a month?

no...Dallas is going to run the ball 38 times a game, leaving about 28 pass attemts per game. at a 60% clip that gives Bledsoe about 16 completions a game and i see TO getting on average about 5 rec and 75 yards of it....thats 80-1200- and I know he finds the endzone about every 7 times so 80 divided by 7 = 11.42.....So I am going to say thats about right........

of course this is just based on speculation and opinion.....you never know until the games begin...he could do considerbly better or worse depending on the o-line, running game and if we (Dallas) fall behind or get ahead in games....

This isnt anything to get worked up about. The offensive line for every team is usually the last group to get back into the swing of things. Anyone who has played football before will tell you that when you start 2-a-days the defense is ahead of the offense for the first 2 weeks. That being said, we dont have 6 pro-bowlers on our d-line, and even if this o-line group plays well, they will still be an average bunch. If this was the 3rd preseason game and they were dragging-ass I might be concerned, but this is only like the 3rd day of practice. Trust me, you'll have your fair share of bad camp reports too....

Very true! I already heard a camp report from Redskins Park (though it was from and Extremeskins observer) that our O-line looked terrible and how Jansen is out of shape and getting tossed around by Daniels (I think) and how everyone is "worried" about how we will perform in the preseason. I think everybody gets the pre-preseason jitters around here. We should all relax and see how the actual preseason games pan out. This is why they call what they are doing, PRACTICE!:doh:

Archived