Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's Must See in DC ?

Mickalino

I hate the air and space museum on the mall. The only cool thing about that place is that you can get astronaut ice cream in their store.

The new Air & Space museum in Dulles is pretty neat.

My favorite museum of all time is the Natural History Museum. It's awesome.

The best thing that you can do is just take the Metro into the DC. Get off on the Smithsonian stop and you'll be right in the mall. You look straight ahead and you see the capitol. You look behind you, there's the Washington Monument. Off on the right hand side is the old Air and Space Museum. Past the Air and Space Museum is the Botanical Gardens ...

To the left you've got the Art and History museums.

You're also still within walking distance of the reflecting pools, the Vietnam Memorial and the new WWII Memorial.

Not to hijack your post, but you're also about a quarter of a mile from the Holocaust museum (which many have suggested).

I think you're idea is the best...metro to that stop and you can stay busy all day long!

Ive always wanted to visit the Holocaust museum ... but I've heard that you're a big crying snotty mess when you leave there.

Ive always wanted to visit the Holocaust museum ... but I've heard that you're a big crying snotty mess when you leave there.

I went once and it's very true.

It's one of those things you don't want to see, but you feel as though you should.

I would say you should go if you're in that type of mood...if Mick is having a good day and it's a light-hearted time, maybe skip it. It hits you right between the eyes.

I'm not a big fan of the Air and Space museum either...but it's all in personal preference. I'm not interested in looking at planes and things like that, but it's my brother's favorite museum, so it's all in what you like.

I have always liked the American History Museum...Natural's cool too, I just enjoy American History. I have always wanted to go to the National Archives and see the Declaration of Independence, but just haven't made it over there yet.

Holocaust Museum is good....yes, it's depressing...but I expected it to be a little different than what was there, so I was slightly disappointed.

My favorite part of DC is the memorials... my friend and I took Memorial Day last year to just "memorialize" and go around all the memorials we hadn't seen before. Lincoln Memorial is nice...just be careful around the reflecting pool- I was on a field trip with 4th graders and there was debris on top of the pool that looked like rocks... so this girl tried to step on it, thinking it was hard...and she fell right in. I enjoy walking around the tidal basin to see the Jefferson...it's a nice walk and you can go paddle boating out there. The WWII Memorial is really cool, and it's at the opposite side of the reflecting pool from the Lincoln.

The Art Museum....if you like Art, go. I'm not a huge fan, but there are certain paintings and sculptures there that capture my attention.

I always enjoy going to the zoo...but that's just something my friend and I always do :) Take the metro to Woodley Park if you want to go there.

Last time I went to DC during the day my friend wanted to go to the National Geographic Museum...and while small, it was really cool. It's on 17th and M. If you're around those parts hop in.

Oh, and if you don't want to take the metro, there's this tour bus that's also a duck. I've never been on it, but it's shaped like a boat and it drives around the streets...but it also has equipment for it to get in the water and give you a tour of the off-land stuff. Here's the link. http://www.historictours.com/washington/LandSea%20Tours.htm

It's kinda silly, but deep down I think it'd be pretty cool to do that :)

They leave from Union Station, which is also a cool place to visit.

Hope you have a good time in DC! There's always so much to do, you could go there without a plan and be occupied the entire day.

p.s. Georgetown is beautiful. Stop by to admire the architecture and the shopping ;)

Dupont is a great place, seriously thats where i go out most of the time. A ton of straight places to go in Dupont Lucky Bar, 1223(except friday/saturday nights), Andalu, five....i could go on;)

right next to Lucky Bar...it's called Play...it's very small but they have a great DJ...Good to go on a Thursday night (I enjoy Modern in G-Town on Thursday nights too, but they were shut down last time I went)

Lucky Bar...We went on a Thursday and I didn't like it at all.

Five plays way too much House music

1223 is small...but I went with some cool people, so it can be fun depending on who you're with

Andalu...house music too. House/trance...not for me.

right next to Lucky Bar...it's called Play...it's very small but they have a great DJ...Good to go on a Thursday night (I enjoy Modern in G-Town on Thursday nights too, but they were shut down last time I went)

Lucky Bar...We went on a Thursday and I didn't like it at all.

Five plays way too much House music

1223 is small...but I went with some cool people, so it can be fun depending on who you're with

Andalu...house music too. House/trance...not for me.

Hip-hop on friday's at andalu, I only go to Five on hip hop nights (?uestlove was spinning at Five about a year ago, greatest night of my life, he is the man!!) ..Ive never heard of play. I HATE lucky bar as well but i always get stuck going there. I don't really like many bars in the area, i hate all of Bethesda...the only reason we've been going to DuPont so much is cuz I'm kind of sick of Adams Morgan

Hip-hop on friday's at andalu, I only go to Five on hip hop nights (?uestlove was spinning at Five about a year ago, greatest night of my life, he is the man!!) ..Ive never heard of play. I HATE lucky bar as well but i always get stuck going there. I don't really like many bars in the area, i hate all of Bethesda...the only reason we've been going to DuPont so much is cuz I'm kind of sick of Adams Morgan

I hate adams morgan...HATE. I don't know what it is, but I just never have a good time there. We always end up going to Tom Tom's, and it's just not my scene. Last time we just walked into this place called Blue Fin...that was probably the worst place I'd ever been. I highly DO NOT recommend it.

My favorite place of all time though would have to be Clarendon Ballroom in Alrlington. Huge, no smoking (so you don't leave smelling like an ashtray), upstairs outdoor bar, big screen tvs if you want to watch sports, huge dance floor, good djs, never have to wait in line for the bathroom...

Mr. Days (in Clarendon, too) is also a fun spot...more for the sports aspect of it, but Thursday nights can get pretty fun.

Doesn't Bethesda have this place called Tommy Joe's? A few of my friends who live up there go there, and they seem to like it. I've never been

Doesn't Bethesda have this place called Tommy Joe's? A few of my friends who live up there go there, and they seem to like it. I've never been

:shot:

A bunch of trashy rockville people go "downtown" to bethesda and tommy joe's. I ****ing hate that place. Caddies sucks, a bunch of 40 year old men hitting on 21 year olds. Bethesda just isnt fun

Finally, someone mentioned the zoo. The baby panda, Tai Shan is worth seeing if he is active. There are also young cheetas and baby tigers, but the tigers might not be open to the public when you come because they were just born. Try to go early in the morning because as the day gets hotter the animals become much less active.

If you are going to go to the holocost museum, I think you can get tickets online through ticketmaster. The tix are free, but you have to pay a service charge. It is worth doing so you do not have to waste your time waiting in line. The Bureau of Engraving and Printing has always been considered one of the best tours in DC. Again, tickets are necessary.

I believe that the American History museum is closed for renovation, which is too bad because it is a great place.

The new museum of Native Americans has absolutely the best food on the mall. The restaurant there serves traditional dishes. We had the lobster bisque and make sure to try the toasted pumpkin seeds. They are a treat. The museum is across the street from Air and Space.

Man I have to get back to DC sometime, a lot of things mentioned in this thread stirred memories and there are some outstanding ones I haven't had the chance to see yet. I'm looking forward to the day when my son is old enough to take and appreciate what he's seeing.

I defnitely want to see the new A&S extension out at Dulles. I used to work in DC a lot and had the chance to check out at the Enola Gay when it was being rehabbed at the Garber facility out in Silver Hill, now THAT'S the one if you like planes and stuff! They do all the restoration work for A&S aircraft and have a bunch of one-of-a-kinds there.

I used to work for a co. that did contract repairs for the Smithsonian, the things they have on display pale in comparison to all the things tucked away waiting to be fixed up.

Archived