Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

* Pastabelly back at it. . . *

GestMuddaTruckaEver

]']Interesting facts' date=' though, I must admit...[/quote']

Meaningless though. The Redskins of '04 and the Redskins of '05 were virtually the same cast of characters. The only difference was no Smoot or Pierce on defense, and Coles had been replaced by Moss. Other than that, it was the same players playing for the same contracts. The only difference is, all of the '04 free agents' signing bonuses no longer counted towards payroll. The difference between the two payrolls is largely illusory.

Also, I don't see anywhere in that column any indication of what the team's payroll number is. Just some vague reference to "fat contracts". I'm guessing that's because the current number is closer to '05 than it is to '04...

I don't understand why all the mediots keep stating how OVERRATED AA, BL, AC, and ARL are? AA played on a very poor defense as did AC. BL played for the worst offense. Our coaching staff that all the mediots state is probably the best collective group overall, somehow these successful fellows don't know how to evaluate talent. As far as these players being able to fit in and enhance their scheme, who do you think knows what fits best where? Yes, the players in question may have shown lackluster stats in previous play, but that is why individuals never win a superbowl, it is a collective effort of individuals who can play together in a good system. Or maybe I just have it all wrong?:doh:

I doubt any of the figures he gave were true but if we really were about $40 MILLION dollars under the cap last year where did all this yammering (led by Pastabelly) about us being in CAP HELL come from exactly?

Here's an even better correlation to our success last year - Joe Gibbs.

According to the excellent NFL salary database compiled by USA Today, the Washington Redskins had the league's sixth-highest payroll in 2003, at $84.826 million. And they finished 5-11. In 2004, Washington led the league, with a then-record payroll of $117.96 million, about $13 million more than the No. 2 team, the Philadelphia Eagles. And the Redskins finished 6-10. Last season, the Redskins had a payroll of just $66.1 million, the third-lowest in the league. And they crafted a 10-6 record, grabbed a wild-card berth, and advanced to the divisional round of the playoffs before being eliminated by NFC champion Seattle. So one would think that owner Dan Snyder might surmise, given the results of last season, that you don't have to sport the biggest payroll to field a pretty viable team, right? Uh, no. This spring, Snyder opened the coffers again, overpaying for overrated free agents such as safety Adam Archuleta and wide receiver Antwaan Randle El. He traded for wideout Brandon Lloyd and then rewarded a guy who's never had 50 catches in a season with a fat new contract. Odds are that the Redskins will be at or near the top of the payroll list again in 2006. And if history is any indicator, out of the playoffs.

I love the hate, itl make it all that much sweeter. . .

I was just curious, so I looked at the payrolls of the last years and was kinda surprised how we ranked

Record

2000- 19th 8-8

2001- 27th 8-8

2002- 20th 7-9

2003- 6th 5-11

2004- 1st 6-10

2005- 30th 10-6

So where's the trend? I really don't see one.

You know I really don't understand this "over paid" buisness. Who cares? It's not their money. Like someone said before "you never know how much a player is worth until he lives out his contract." We are alloted a sum of money each year for "payroll" right? Anyone who has ever delt with a budget and goverment/military knows that you spend what you got so you can justify more the next year. So what difference in the grand scheme of things does it matter what we pay our employees? The other thing the media overlooks is the fact that a million dollars (which is around the average yearly sallary of the big named players) doesn't get you as much in the DC area as it does in Minesotta. Granted, it's more than most of us will see but you get the point. So again I ask, who really cares?

I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist, but I really think that this guy truly does have it in for the Redskins. I never paid much attention to media bias before i started reading this board, but I do remember the article Lenny wrote when gibbs decided to make his return. He was a negative piss-ant right off the bat, and showed no respect for a returning hall of fame coach.

It's obvious after that "conversation" he had with Art in the press box that he's angry and that he's lost all objectivity. I guess it wouldn't be too much of a leap to conclude that he does, in fact, hate the redskins. So why does it seem to be newsworthy on this board that he trashes us in the media?

fatty p is relying on history repeating itself to save his whale *****. Well history is going to repeat itself. Gibbs will win more Lombardi trophies. Hopefully Len Pasquerelli will kill himself and make it look like an accident so his family can collect on his life insurance (assuming he is smart enough to buy life insurance...see his articles on that one). Double indemnity Pasquerelli will be his new nickname. God, my hatred for this morbidly obese man has made me an ugly person - even in jest.

We all think that this year we could be ready to take the next step. No one knows however how injuries are going to pen out (look at Thomas last year), bad ref calls (look at Tampa last year we would have been ranked #2 and have a bye week) etc etc. I find it however funny that this fat POS would keep harping on something that is ancient history, especially since no one can dispute how the team has progressed the past couple of years. Len Pasquerelli’s hatred for the skins because he thinks he got shafted on a story is well known to us. It should not surprise us in anyway. We know what you are Len. A petty disgusting man that gives honorable objective sport writers a bad name.

I don't understand why all the mediots keep stating how OVERRATED AA, BL, AC, and ARL are?

Because all they look at is the total amount of the contracts we signed them to. They then look at the statistics and don't take into account all factors such as age, offensive or defensive systems that they were in. They have not scouted them like Gibbs and company have done. They also don't watch the Skins practice every day and don't know what the coaching staff wants to do but was unable to last year because the personnel didn't fit.

Our front office has done a phenomenal job in scouting FAs the first two seasons and the mediots fail to notice it.

Because all they look at is the total amount of the contracts we signed them to. They then look at the statistics and don't take into account all factors such as age, offensive or defensive systems that they were in. They have not scouted them like Gibbs and company have done. They also don't watch the Skins practice every day and don't know what the coaching staff wants to do but was unable to last year because the personnel didn't fit.

Our front office has done a phenomenal job in scouting FAs the first two seasons and the mediots fail to notice it.

Of our free agent signings the past 2 years - only 2 have been busts: Barrow and Patten. They ignore:

Griffin

Washington

Springs

Moss

Brunell

Portis

Sellers

the draft picks: Taylor, Cooley, Rogers

not to mention the UDFA's:

Marshall, Salevea

You can just feel the hate - I love it. I want to see if his fat head actually explodes when the Skins win the NFC East

Archived