Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

* Pastabelly back at it. . . *

GestMuddaTruckaEver

I am so tired of everyone blaming Snyder. Everytime we add a free agent or trade for a gut it's always "There goes Danny boy! At it again!" Now we got this idiot saying that we won with a smaller payroll and we possibly screwed it up by adding expensive free agents. The other night on NFL live they were saying that bringing these new guys in to the locker room it was going to make it harder to create "Team chemistry" and that losing LA would hurt.

Here's my beef.

1. Last year LA didn't play half the season and it was the best record since he was here. Do I wish he could have conformed to what we are building? Yes. Do I wish him luck in the future? Yes, just not on 2 sundays a year.

2. Locker room chemistry? Last I checked everyone seemed pretty happy to be a Redskin.

3. When will these morons realize that it was not Danny? It's always been the players and the coaches.

JOE GIBBS is the reason we are winning again. JOE GIBBS is the reason why we have a good locker room. If we were to fall flat and have a losing season it would be JOE GIBBS fault. Not Danny's.

Eagles - It simply amazes me how so much credit is given to the Eagles. They have 1 player, #5 on offense. Other than that they got nothing. How could they win the division?

Cowboys - When will the media stop jerking off the Tuna? They are a bunch of underacheviers (SP?). Now they went and laid a big, fat, smelly egg right in the middle of the locker room named T.O. They talk about our team chemistry.

Giants - Honestly I think they'll be a pretty good team and our toughest challange. I really have no problems with them except for the fact that they are in our division and I've been bred to hate them.

There, I'm done. I feel much better. That's my story and I'm Sticking to it!!!

This is garbage, and Len Pasquerelli should know better.

In fact, I'm pretty sure he does, and he's just trying to rile us up.

But a rebuttal anyway -

The Redskins payroll in '05 was 50 million dollars lower than it was in '04 becuase he counts all signing bonuses awarded to players as payroll for the season the contract was signed. So the dollar value given to players who were free agents who signed in the spring '04 - like Washington, Brunell, Portis, etc. - are their salaries PLUS their signing bonuses - which for cap purposes, of course, are spread out over the duration of their contract. The Redskins drastically lower payroll didn't have anything to do with the players that were on the roster, but only with the fact that many of them were signed the year before. And, of course, almost all the free agents we signed that spring, especially the three I named, were major contributors in the playoff run last season.

Again, I'm certain Lenny knows all of this, and therefore he is only writing this to make you mad. Don't take the bait.

The difference:

2003: Spurrier was telling Snyder what players he wanted.

2004: Gibbs was in charge, but many contracts were locked in so the Skins had to pay them either way, even if they were released.

2005-2006: Gibbs is telling him what players he wants, so Snyder is just doing whatever it takes to get them. Nothing wrong with that. Plus Pastaboy doesn't account for the fact that the first couple years of contracts are usually more manageable, so I bet the Skins aren't at the top of the payroll list this year....this article is pure speculation.

That being said, I could care less what the payroll is if we have a team that plays as a team and wins. Some people just have to find anything they can to put a negative spin on the Skins....whatever....

That guy has a hard on for Snyder the likes of which I've never seen. What is his problem? Every other article is bashing the Skins. All these guys with their opinions about who's going to be in the playoffs and whos going to be out of the playoffs have no idea what they're talking about. We are stacked at every position. Whats our weakness??? Quarterback right? Off the top of my head I believe Brunell threw 23 TDS to 10 Ints...and over 3,000 yards. Yeah, he had some bad games. But when you've got our Defense and our Running game, then you add Al Saunders I don't see how you can think we're going to be worse this year than we were last year. Who did we lose, Lavar? He played like 5 games for us. Give me a break Lenny, this is another feeble attempt to bring us down. What a hater. I've never seen a bigger Redskins hater in my life.

pastabelly says something about history repeating itself, well it will. gibbs will take us back to the superbowl and pastabelly will be left to mutter and cuss to himself as his analasis ( i mispelled on purpose) repeats itself as inacurrate and wrong. so indeed, history shall repeat itself. go skins.

That guy has a hard on for Snyder the likes of which I've never seen. What is his problem? Every other article is bashing the Skins. All these guys with their opinions about who's going to be in the playoffs and whos going to be out of the playoffs have no idea what they're talking about. We are stacked at every position. Whats our weakness??? Quarterback right? Off the top of my head I believe Brunell threw 23 TDS to 10 Ints...and over 3,000 yards. Yeah, he had some bad games. But when you've got our Defense and our Running game, then you add Al Saunders I don't see how you can think we're going to be worse this year than we were last year. Who did we lose, Lavar? He played like 5 games for us. Give me a break Lenny, this is another feeble attempt to bring us down. What a hater. I've never seen a bigger Redskins hater in my life.

Why does he have such hate for the skins??? Because of a few letters??

IF anybody shoud be accused of "Buying a championship it's Seattle

According to the payroll chart found on USA today.

Team Total Payroll

Seattle Seahawks $ 100,604,116

Atlanta Falcons $ 98,787,003

Oakland Raiders $ 98,199,827

New Orleans Saints $ 96,027,339

Denver Broncos $ 95,409,738

Baltimore Ravens $ 94,699,413

New England Patriots $ 94,409,059

Carolina Panthers $ 90,207,818

Minnesota Vikings $ 85,405,909

Pittsburgh Steelers $ 84,225,127

Kansas City Chiefs $ 83,390,185

Jacksonville Jaguars $ 83,310,713

San Francisco 49ers $ 82,824,487

New York Giants $ 82,422,436

Dallas Cowboys $ 82,234,816

Houston Texans $ 81,743,598

Buffalo Bills $ 80,937,517

Detroit Lions $ 80,555,718

New York Jets $ 79,346,324

St. Louis Rams $ 78,874,540

San Diego Chargers $ 78,729,437

Chicago Bears $ 78,447,028

Indianapolis Colts $ 77,425,584

Arizona Cardinals $ 76,539,161

Cincinnati Bengals $ 74,841,371

Tampa Bay Buccaneers $ 73,770,494

Cleveland Browns $ 73,505,292

Philadelphia Eagles $ 72,721,279

Miami Dolphins $ 70,942,305

Washington Redskins $ 66,108,711

Green Bay Packers $ 64,740,177

Tennessee Titans $ 61,332,658

In 2004, Washington led the league, with a then-record payroll of $117.96 million, about $13 million more than the No. 2 team, the Philadelphia Eagles. And the Redskins finished 6-10

I hadn't really noticed this before but in trying to shoot down the Redskins he shot down his own theory. The #2 team made it to the Super Bowl in 2004 with a high payroll and imploded in 2005 with a low payroll. :doh:

I hadn't really noticed this before but in trying to shoot down the Redskins he shot down his own theory. The #2 team made it to the Super Bowl. :doh:

Yea but he was talking just about the Redskins not any other team. What he meant to say is when the Redskins have a high payroll they suck and when its lower they're better.

Team Total Payroll

Seattle Seahawks $ 100,604,116

Atlanta Falcons $ 98,787,003

Oakland Raiders $ 98,199,827

New Orleans Saints $ 96,027,339

Denver Broncos $ 95,409,738

Baltimore Ravens $ 94,699,413

New England Patriots $ 94,409,059

Carolina Panthers $ 90,207,818

Minnesota Vikings $ 85,405,909

Pittsburgh Steelers $ 84,225,127

Kansas City Chiefs $ 83,390,185

Jacksonville Jaguars $ 83,310,713

San Francisco 49ers $ 82,824,487

New York Giants $ 82,422,436

Dallas Cowboys $ 82,234,816

Houston Texans $ 81,743,598

Buffalo Bills $ 80,937,517

Detroit Lions $ 80,555,718

New York Jets $ 79,346,324

St. Louis Rams $ 78,874,540

San Diego Chargers $ 78,729,437

Chicago Bears $ 78,447,028

Indianapolis Colts $ 77,425,584

Arizona Cardinals $ 76,539,161

Cincinnati Bengals $ 74,841,371

Tampa Bay Buccaneers $ 73,770,494

Cleveland Browns $ 73,505,292

Philadelphia Eagles $ 72,721,279

Miami Dolphins $ 70,942,305

Washington Redskins $ 66,108,711

Green Bay Packers $ 64,740,177

Tennessee Titans $ 61,332,658

Green = playoffs

Looks to me like Lenny has drawn a faulty conclusion.

Len is not saying teams miss the playoffs when they spend a lot. He's saying the Redskins miss the playoffs when they spend a lot. It's not a shot at overspending. It's a shot directly at Dan Snyder.

The reason he hates Snyder so much, and to a lesser extent Gibbs, is due to the fact that the Redskins didn't tell him about the Gibbs hire before it was announced to the public. He threw a hissy fit about this in a column soon after Gibbs was hired.

Len is not saying teams miss the playoffs when they spend a lot. He's saying the Redskins miss the playoffs when they spend a lot. It's not a shot at overspending. It's a shot directly at Dan Snyder.

The reason he hates Snyder so much, and to a lesser extent Gibbs, is due to the fact that the Redskins didn't tell him about the Gibbs hire before it was announced to the public. He threw a hissy fit about this in a column soon after Gibbs was hired.

I remember that and the "average Joe" quote.

People get scooped in the media business all the time, it goes with the territory. One would think that Lenny would be over it by now.

For those who missed it the first fifty times around :) here's the article Lenny wrote right after Gibbs was hired.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46229&highlight=pasquarelli

And here's the important passage. Quite the whiner, that Lenny:

And then, of course, there is the matter of ownership. Some credit to Snyder, who began the courtship of Gibbs on New Year's Eve at a tiny airfield in Concord, N.C. When we got an anonymous tip that Redskins One was parked there -- sorry, Dan, it's a private jet and not a Stealth bomber -- team officials responded to the query by insisting the imperial owner was "on business."

Yep, monkey business, with one of The Daniel's minority partners, a buddy of Gibbs for many years, brokering the deal. All the posturing afterwards -- the trip to the West Coast, the interviews with three other candidates, questioning media acquaintances about what the best age is for a head coach -- was little more than a diversion. Long before Tuesday, when word began to leak that the Redskins little man was up to something big, we all should have seen the light.

Last praragraph quoted from the '04 article linked above:

"Maybe we'll be wrong about this but, for the heck of it, here's a bet: Three years from now, the guy who accepted the Redskins job as a Hall of Fame member will be viewed as just another ordinary Joe."

I don't think I'm being a homer when I say I believe Mr. Pasta has already lost that bet and should eat those words since Gibbs has completely turned this team around and took them to the 2nd round of the playoffs in just 2 years. Another playoff year, and he'll be awefully full (well, maybe not) after eating both articles.

:point2sky

So am i to believe that success in the NFL is based on how much you pay and not WHO you pay?

That sounds like what he's saying to me, he's really stretching to find stuff to knock the skins for, usually i find these things funny now its just sad.

Not only that, according to Lenny's logic, all we'd have to do is lower our payroll and we'd have a Super Bowl lock.

GrimReefa has it completely right. Pasquarelli knows better; many (both here, and in the media) seem not to, but Pasquarelli isn't dumb, he's just got it in for Snyder.

The reason Pasquarelli's argument is non-sensical is that "payroll" is a very bad measure of spending. Signing bonuses are pro-rated over several years for salary cap purposes, whereas "payroll" is new payments in a particular year, not including carry-over from prior year's signing bonuses. Payroll is only very loosely correlated with what the team is really "spending" from a functional perspective. Payroll for a particular year is thus only very loosely correlated with any meaningful analysis of the consequences of a team's spending.

What an idiot..."if history repeats itself".

He is missing the key factor here...we have Gibbs now..

Lets not forget that Pasta..belly also said that by the end of Gibbs tenure he will be forever known as just an ordinary Joe...

So you see hes just trying to back himself in hopes that the Skins fail.

He will always be a hater and thats fine by me. Go suck an acorn Pasta!!

:point2sky

Archived