Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any Metro Riders?

Coooleeey

I rode Metro the first day it open back in 76.Rode it all the way thru college.Just use it for Skins/Wiz games now.I've seen so much I've repressed alot.

Most memorable.

-Two women fighting over a man in Metro Center in the latre 80's.I mean punches thrown and men cheering.It was pathetic and enticing at the same time.

-One late night some girl was on top of some guy riding up and down.She was staddling him.

-1994 during the World Cup at RFK the crowds was something else,and I'll leave it there.

Use to ride it all the time in the 80's and 90's I remeber when the orange line came out only as far as Ballston, we had to bus to Ballston and get the train there. Back then Ballston station was just a hole in the ground.I use to enjoy riding and still use it on Sundsy for the Skins games from new carrollton to landover

Yeah, Metro at rush hour is the sh**! Unless you have rotten luck and get on a train car with a bunch of dudes. With a 3 to 1 ratio of women to men in the metro area, that would be rare.

Indeed, for all of yall who don't have at least 3 starting women on your team you are underachieving fellas!!!!

GC

Well I went to a Wizards game from Shady Grove and I was wearing A redskins jacket. This homeless person in a wheel chair followed me the entire way back begging me for my jacket singing hail to the redskins at the top of his lungs the entire time. Hard to get away from nuts on those trains.

6 Years now on the green line from Greenbelt to Lenfant plaza..

During the summer you deal with the tourist, then in the fall its the screaming kids.. Yea lots O' fun. :(

I guess it still beats riding into DC everyday.

Greenbelt Metro To Gallery Place to Metro Center. Yeah it gets crazy...I just hate when people stand on the left side of the escalator. :mad: That really gets my blood boiling.

Also I have seen harmonica players preaching the gospel, woman reading scriptures from the bible OUT LOUD and children or shall I say teenagers having conversations about stuff they really know nothing about. It is definitely an experience.

Greenbelt Metro to Metro Center. Yeah it gets crazy...I just hate when people stand on the left side of the escalator. :mad: That really gets my blood boiling.

Come on give some good stories.....Women are always observant you guys see everything.....spill it!!!!!

edit: I will take that....

Been riding the red line since it was first built. I try to avoid noticing all the crazy stuff that goes on around me. Just read, or do my sudoko, or sometimes actually take a nap.

Oh and my daughter lives at Courthouse on the Orange line and all you bums better stay away from her or I will poke you with my umbrella through the door

Also I have seen harmonica players preaching the gospel, woman reading scriptures from the bible OUT LOUD and children or shall I say teenagers having conversations about stuff they really know nothing about. It is definitely an experience.

:puke: I have always been for a firm seperation of church and mass public transportation.

at least we don't have to cram into a metro train with 1800 people who haven't bathed in 6 years. we at least can go down to the river to bathe

Amen, brother. (Except about that bathing in the river thing.) That's what I love about the valley. Only an hour from the Metro and far enough away to have a little peace and quiet.

So I'm confused...

When did an escalator become a 2-person wide method of transportation?

Is this some unwritten ettiquette? I'm not familiar with it, but I always just stand on the damn thing and let it "do the walking"...thats what it is there for, right?

No dude, an escalator isn't an amusement park ride. It is to increase efficiency so that more people can get up or down them in less time. You can basically walk up a giant staircase in half the time.

So I'm confused...

When did an escalator become a 2-person wide method of transportation?

Is this some unwritten ettiquette? I'm not familiar with it, but I always just stand on the damn thing and let it "do the walking"...thats what it is there for, right?

The escalators are plenty big enough for two people to stand side by side. The only time it doesn't work out that way is when the fat ugly ladies decide to bring their whole wardrobe in a big suitcase to work everyday like what happened to me this morning :mad:

Archived