Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any Metro Riders?

Coooleeey

Just wondering how many people ride the metro each day like me. I must say its been a pretty funny experience. People running all over the place to get on a train when another one will be there in three minutes.

Since I've only been riding for about 6 weeks I don't have many stories. Come on metro riders tell me some funny stuff you have seen. And is it just me or are there a lot of very attractive ladies :D

Just wondering how many people ride the metro each day like me. I must say its been a pretty funny experience. People running all over the place to get on a train when another one will be there in three minutes.

Since I've only been riding for about 6 weeks I don't have many stories. Come on metro riders tell me some funny stuff you have seen. And is it just me or are there a lot of very attractive ladies :D

Oh man, the stories, I could tell. I haven't ridden it much lately, but back in college... :)

There were some crazy times indeed. For instance, there was one time, near the begining of my tiem at UMCP, where my brother and I accidently looked at this big guy on the train a bit too much, because he had a heavy ol jacket on and was sneering at everyone. Well he came over to us and said, "What the hell are you looking at? Do you like staring at people? If you keep looking at me, I'll put you little punks through the damn window!"

Needless to say, if we ever saw him on the train again, we did our best to find a different car or a different train, lol.

Another time there were these transvestites that got on the train at Dupont Circle and they kept going on and on about all these stds. "Oh ****, yeah, he had gonneria and clammidia both!" we heard one of them say at one point. I think they got off after a few stops though, but that was a very odd experiance.

Ok and one last little incident took place when we were on a train with a lot of teenagers and they had been running around and making a lot of noise and just beign regularly annoying, lol. Well all of the sudden the train stops and the power goes out and everything gets real dark. A minute or two later a whole bunch of those teens are freaking out and crying like little kids. :silly:

(we were stuck there for quite some time, from what I recall. I don't remember the reason why though)

Hmm, actually two more incidents. one time I saw a guy dash onto a train that we had all gotten off of, before anyone could stop him. Unfortunately for him, the train was out of service and the lights were all off and the doors closed before he could get back out. This was at Silver Spring where the trains sometimes stop and they unload everyone. I have no idea how that guy got out, but hopefully they let him out somewhere...lol.

And finally there was the time during Christmas season that we had some weirdo train driver who was trying to pretend to be santa clause talking to rudolph (the train I think... :doh: ) and he was cracking us all up with his wierd voices, until he suggested as Rudloph that we should all fly to the airport, and then reprimanded himself as Santa, by saying, "No, no Rudolph, don't do it, everyone would be killed!" (or something along those lines)

In any case it was quite an interesting experiance, one of many that I've had on the metro. And that's all that come to mind off the top of my head. I'm sure there were plenty of others though. I'll see if I can remember some more later.

Yep, I ride it every day, but only started riding daily in May. I've seen a lot of blind people. I wasn't really exposed to blind people regularly in my previous jobs, but it is pretty remarkable to see how they are able to get around efficiently with seeing eye dogs, or walking sticks.

Also, there are tons of hot chicks. :)

Yeah I have also realized a lot of blind people. It's absolutely incredible they can navigate through all the stations and trains.

This one isn't as funny I guess but I sort of think it is after the fact. So on Tuesday getting onto a Yellow line train at Lenfant this young girl with a big bookbag gets on the train. Its 5:00 so the train is slammed. She had some sort of social anxiety disorder or something cause she got crammed in the middle of all the people and was literally hugging the pole. She was crying and shaking...each time the train stopped and people brushed by her getting out she would have this look of terror in her eyes and start shaking. For ****s sake drive if you got issues like that.

I see this one fat tool everyday who runs to get to a train and literally puts his umbrella or bookbag in b/t the doors so they will reopen. I think one day I might mess with him and push his umbrella out so he can't get on.

This one isn't as funny I guess but I sort of think it is after the fact. So on Tuesday getting onto a Yellow line train at Lenfant this young girl with a big bookbag gets on the train. Its 5:00 so the train is slammed. She had some sort of social anxiety disorder or something cause she got crammed in the middle of all the people and was literally hugging the pole. She was crying and shaking...each time the train stopped and people brushed by her getting out she would have this look of terror in her eyes and start shaking. For ****s sake drive if you got issues like that.

i think i've seen that girl. does she have long dark hair?

I see this one fat tool everyday who runs to get to a train and literally puts his umbrella or bookbag in b/t the doors so they will reopen. I think one day I might mess with him and push his umbrella out so he can't get on.

:laugh: don't get dat azz beat

after the trains being blown up in Madrid, London, and now Bombay-

I would think that at some point they will try to hit the NYC transit (as we just arrested some in Lebanon planning to attack the PATH trains) and of course the DC metro.

I have my GF only driving now..

Also, there are tons of hot chicks. :)

The run between Ballston, Virginia Square, and Clarendon always provides a nice array of talent on my morning commute.

Man, I need to move next to an orange line spot. That line features grade A premium internationl top shelf ish!

It always happens, I'll be waiting for the blue line train and I see about 7 or 8 nice fine looking females standing in the station and the orange line train always seems to come before the blue and scoops up all the honeys! WTF?

Whats up with that? The Blue has nothing but old ladies and middle aged dudes riding :mad:

GC

I remember coming home from RFK to Shady Grove in the 80s after a Skins game, while the conductor made up little rhymes for each station.

Some of the station names stumped him, though. My favorite:

Tenleytown, Tenleytown.

Exit on the right in Tenleytown.

---

Ten years later, I met a girl on the Metro and we ended up dating for about a year. She caught me staring at her as the train was rolling into College Park, so I figured I'd better talk to her or she'd forever see me as the creepy distance guy who just likes to stare.

---

My fiancee and I got stuck in the Shady Grove parking lot last year because they installed THOSE STUPID &$(#ING SWIPE CARD SYSTEMS instead of just having a person in the booth to take your money. There were no signs to that effect on the way into the lot, and I had parked there before with no problem. Apparently you now have to buy a $10 card just to get out of that damned parking lot. Completely $*%&ing asinine.

---

When I commuted into DC on the Green Line, back when it wasn't finished yet and you had to make that switch to Red at Fort Totten, I used to get a kick out of the tourists who saw the Washington Monument for the first time as the Metro rolled around a corner and it came into view. "THERE IT IS! THERE IT IS!"

The Monument had been there for a while, so I felt like pointing back at them and yelling, "THERE YOU ARE! THERE YOU ARE!"

i take the metro to get to wizards/nats games when i'm in the area. they are so much cleaner/nicer than the nyc subways i take to work/school everyday. unfortunately, i have to catch a 4am train on fri-sun so i can get to work by 5. when you take the train that early you are constantly surrounded by "interesting" people. about a month ago i was lucky enough to be on a train with a guy who thought it was a good idea to drop a deuce right in the middle of the floor. everyone in my car immediately moved to the next car to give him some privacy. apparently the guy wasn't prepared for the train to brake because he walked through our car minutes later and had "stuff" smeared all over the back of his pants/shirt.

Apparently you now have to buy a $10 card just to get out of that damned parking lot. Completely $*%&ing asinine.

---

When I commuted into DC on the Green Line, back when it wasn't finished yet and you had to make that switch to Red at Fort Totten, I used to get a kick out of the tourists who saw the Washington Monument for the first time as the Metro rolled around a corner and it came into view. "THERE IT IS! THERE IT IS!"

The Monument had been there for a while, so I felt like pointing back at them and yelling, "THERE YOU ARE! THERE YOU ARE!"

Yeah it is asinine, gets on my nerves having to waste money on that, ugh.

Ha, ha, that's great, it would have been funny to see the looks on their faces if you had done that. :silly:

(good stories, come on folks let's see some more. ) :)

Oh and another weird thing happened last year that kept hapenning. This asian dude, who looked to be in his 30's, I would see get on the yellow line train into DC every other morning or so. He would enter with book in hand, remain standing, clear his throat and say "excuse me, please thank you for your time" and he would then proceed to sing, at the top of his lungs, a Church hymn selection for a couple of stops. Once he finished his hymn in one car, he switched cars untill he "blessed" all of us with his presentation.

While I have nothing against religious people or religion in general this was just bizarre. You should have seen some of the faces of the people on the train. People were so red in the face, the anger so intense. Some people kinda chuckled and went on trying to read. Others just kept shaking their heads as if saying "why me?". But, as mad as some people got no one said anything to him. At least not in the car that I was in.

Not too many people have the cahunas to verbally attack you while you are holding a bible in hand.

GC

I remember the people around Christmas time who would sing Christmas songs....it was pretty entertaining.....I do recall the Asian Dude singing on the trains..

I was on a train when a guy was tackled by the Metro Police and had Marijuana seized. The guy did transactions on the train at various stops...they bagged him at National Airport...

I witnessed a couple having sex on the train.

edit: They were in the back car where the glass is tinted.....

I haven't been on the train as much in the last year or so, but I really miss the eye candy that you would see on the trains. You were almost always guaranteed to see beautiful woman at L'Enfant or near Foggy Bottom.

I ride the metro daily (for about 5 years - much better than parking downtown). And yeah, stories aplenty :)

First:

And is it just me or are there a lot of very attractive ladies :D

YES :)

Second:

Especially to tourist.....

STAND ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE *$&@^(&* ESCALATORS!!!!!1

Alright....

One of the funniest things I've seen/heard was this mentally ill? drunk? person. The whole train ride he did not stop talking (to himself). What he was saying was absolutely hillarious! You have no idea how hard it was to stop from bursting out laughing. He had me in tears trying to hold it in. Man, I wish I can remember all the stuff he said. I do know he talked about everything though, from politics to his trip to the moon.

The worst thing that I can recall happening, was a couple weeks ago. Some girl was having a seizure...

Oh and another weird thing happened last year that kept hapenning. This asian dude, who looked to be in his 30's, I would see get on the yellow line train into DC every other morning or so. He would enter with book in hand, remain standing, clear his throat and say "excuse me, please thank you for your time" and he would then proceed to sing, at the top of his lungs, a Church hymn selection for a couple of stops. Once he finished his hymn in one car, he switched cars untill he "blessed" all of us with his presentation.

He's well known. I forgot his name, but the Post did an article on him a while back.

I haven't been on the train as much in the last year or so, but I really miss the eye candy that you would see on the trains. You were almost always guaranteed to see beautiful woman at L'Enfant or near Foggy Bottom.

Aye, and there's nothing like getting on a crowded train and "accidentaly" brushing up against said eye candy...

...or so I've heard ;) .

GC

So I'm not the only one-

I mean...yeah, I heard that too ;)

LMAO, this is something I might accidentally have to do :D

About the tourists and the escalators. Yesterday morning as I was going down to the platform at Franc/Spring a tourist bastid was on the left side standing. This guy in front of me started getting uncomfortable and all of a sudden he screams "HELLO!!! WE'RE WALKING HERE". I laughed to myself for a long time...there wasn't even a train to get on!

So I'm not the only one-

I mean...yeah, I heard that too ;)

I...I mean the people I heard do this...should have been slapped so many times. Why does the slapping never occur?

Or at least a very stern talking to?

I've heard some people have gotten 3 complete squeezes/ gropes without a word said. Very intriguing. Can't believe anyone would do this sort of thing.

GC

Archived