Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Yes, CroCop beat Barnett in the last PRIDE GP. Of course, Barnett had some tough fights, in particular against Big Nog, and he was a bit gimpy for the CroCop fight. I don't think, though, that Barnett would have beat CropCop on that night, anyway - it was simply CroCop's event for the taking.

Barnett has a decent chin and is a pretty well rounded fighter, having a decent ground game, and for that reason I think he would make a pretty good opponent for Fedor. That last fight Barnett had in the latest PRIDE event was pretty exciting and I was rooting for Josh the whole way. I don't think that a Barnett - Fedor fight, though, will happen until at least CropCop fights the Ruskie.

Yes, CroCop beat Barnett in the last PRIDE GP. Of course, Barnett had some tough fights, in particular against Big Nog, and he was a bit gimpy for the CroCop fight. I don't think, though, that Barnett would have beat CropCop on that night, anyway - it was simply CroCop's event for the taking.

Barnett has a decent chin and is a pretty well rounded fighter, having a decent ground game, and for that reason I think he would make a pretty good opponent for Fedor. That last fight Barnett had in the latest PRIDE event was pretty exciting and I was rooting for Josh the whole way. I don't think that a Barnett - Fedor fight, though, will happen until at least CropCop fights the Ruskie.

I know CroCop beat Barnett in the OWGP, but I thought that was the second or third time he beat him. Regardless, I still don't think Barnett would have a chance against Fedor. Even though I think CroCop will get beat, I believe he has the best chance.

In other news, there are reports that Aleksander Emelienko (sp?) is going to make a move to UFC. I imagine Dana will make him have one fight (as he did Silva) before fighting big Tim for the belt. It'd be great if he fought Arlovski, but I don't think it'll happen. It will probably be some CAN. I also can't wait to see him knock Sylvia out. I'm so sick of seeing that baffoon wear his belt everywhere he goes.

I know CroCop beat Barnett in the OWGP, but I thought that was the second or third time he beat him. Regardless, I still don't think Barnett would have a chance against Fedor. Even though I think CroCop will get beat, I believe he has the best chance.

In other news, there are reports that Aleksander Emelienko (sp?) is going to make a move to UFC. I imagine Dana will make him have one fight (as he did Silva) before fighting big Tim for the belt. It'd be great if he fought Arlovski, but I don't think it'll happen. It will probably be some CAN. I also can't wait to see him knock Sylvia out. I'm so sick of seeing that baffoon wear his belt everywhere he goes.

CropCop has beat Josh before, but sometimes, some folks match up stylistically better than another fighter. Josh has a very solid ground game, so for that reason, he may match up better than another figher against Fedor. But, as I said earlier, I do believe CropCop is a better match-up, but I still want to see Josh give it a go. If he can fare well against a good Brazilian fighter, then he can probably do well against the Russian.

I heard about Aleksander Emelienko moving to the UFC. That can be only be good for that league since I believe PRIDE has better heavyweights and this can only improve the heavyweight division of the UFC. I really hope that Dana does agree to more PRIDE vs UFC fights, but I Dana has said in the past that PRIDE can be a tough negotiation, possibly because of the Japanese style of negotiation.

Maybe it is just me, but fighters with "Sylvia" somewhere in their name just seem to be jerks (But good fighters as well).

My dad takes "Krav Maga" over in Altomonte Springs, Florida and his instructor about 2 months ago was Danny Abbadi. He was on "The Ultimate Fighter" Season 3. The dude lost his fight but is a cool dude. He stoped teaching at the karate place to train harder for more UFC fights.

(he fought Ed Herman advancing him into the semi finals on the show)

• 2 weeks later...
And Hughes was thinking about moving up weight class to fight Anderson Silva. :doh:

now that was funny.. Honestly BJ shoulda beat Hughes and i think he woulda whether that was indeed a injury or BJ was gassed he was dominating that fight and looked to be a better fighter.. I heard BJ is going to 155lbs though feel sorry for those guys..

Why does the UFC make Hughes out to be the greatest fighter ever i mean who has he really beat,he did'nt even beat Royce in his prime,a young GSP,Carlos Newton wow.. I know if he's 1 of the greatest ever he shoulda been able to atleast get a take down AND SHOULD'NT HAVE Been dominated like that.. If it was'nt for the bell he woulda been knocked out in rd1..

Now George St. Pere is a monster at 170 pounds, he has quicker feet, the best stand up in that division, and he is a master on the ground.

Matt will lose that title for sure against St. Pere. I'll put money on it, if the odds are good.

:cloud9:

I put money on it.

I said it at work tonight, "Matt isn't going to be able to take GSP down. GSP is going to knock him out."

GSP is pound for pound the best fighter to ever fight in the UFC.

My buddy asked me "who's going to win the heavy wieght fight?" over and over, because honestly I didn't care who won, they both suck.

It was such a pathetic fight that at one time big John grabbed both of them by the hand and said "come on guys! this is a fight.....NOW FIGHT."

I was ROTFL when he did that.

At the end of the fight, and during the entire last round, the crowd was booing the two fighters.

I totally forgot the UFC was tonight. Lots of good football on.

SO glad Matt Hughes got beat. I hate that chump.

Read sherdog.com just now. Did the groin kicks mess up Hughes, or did he use that as an excuse? He doesn't seem to be the most gracious

I don't think so, he didn't say anything in the interview about them.

As good a fighter as Matt is, GSP is just that much better, he got dominated in that fight. He couldn't do nothing with him.

Every time Matt threw a punch he was countered, and he took some serious leg kicks, one of them totally knocked him to the ground.

I can't wait to see the whole thing again on youtube.

• 4 weeks later...
I don't think so, he didn't say anything in the interview about them.

As good a fighter as Matt is, GSP is just that much better, he got dominated in that fight. He couldn't do nothing with him.

Every time Matt threw a punch he was countered, and he took some serious leg kicks, one of them totally knocked him to the ground.

I can't wait to see the whole thing again on youtube.

Like we discussed in an earlier thread...Matt just had an off night. St. Pierre is a good guy and a class act. He is a great fighter. But Matt can come back with a good gameplan and very hard preperation. I wouldn't be suprised if he gives St. Pierre a heavy matchup next fight.

That is GREAT news!!! And, with the possibility of Cro Cop coming to the UFC, I'd say that PRIDE is in trouble.

Cro Cop will still fight in PRIDE. He may only fight a few times in the UFC (which may actually gain him the title). Yet I think until Fedor and the other top heavyweights join UFC and go for the title, PRIDE will be the bread and butter of the heavyweight division. PRIDE isn't in trouble yet, but they need to make it more exciting.

Where did you hear that?

You can check sherdog.com or mmaweekly. There are rumors buzzing about it. Some rumors claim he already signed. Cro Cop, however, denies it. If he is signed, we're all going to find out tomorrow night on UFN. If not, we'll find out in the coming weeks.

As for PRIDE...They are in DEEP trouble. They lost their main television deal. They are far from "okay". And yes, their HW division is far better than UFC's, but as witnessed in this thread, Dana and the Zuffa's are starting to shell out the cash for their fighters. They had a better business model than PRIDE. Don't use mob money. ;)

Like we discussed in an earlier thread...Matt just had an off night. St. Pierre is a good guy and a class act. He is a great fighter. But Matt can come back with a good gameplan and very hard preperation. I wouldn't be suprised if he gives St. Pierre a heavy matchup next fight.

Did you ever see Ali fight Sonny Listen both times?

Well that's what's going to happen to Matt.:D

Did you ever see Ali fight Sonny Listen both times?

Well that's what's going to happen to Matt.:D

Sonny Liston is not comparable to how decorated Matt has been. Matt is more like a Marvin Hagler. Big, powerful, and not incredibly dynamic. But what they are good at, they are very very very good at.

St. Pierre can be compared to Sugar Ray Leonard. Dynamic, fast, tags - moves - frustrates - embarasses. They are fighters that get in your head. Sugar Ray did it a little more with his taunts and deliberate moves...St. Pierre does it with his stick/move & elusive style.

If Matt bulks up enough to overpower St. Pierre's quickness, and focuses on keeping him down, there's a good chance that we'll see Pierre take his first "Hughes Haymaker." Otherwise, no denying Pierre is a bonafide champ. As I always say though, Hughes is the best welterweight I've ever seen fight.

I stopped reading right there.

Seriously, I will believe it when I see it.:laugh:

I said there were "rumors". That's all. I never claimed them to be true, but he's pulling out of the NYE PRIDE Event. PRIDE also tried to shortchange him on money in the OWGP, and he threatened not to finish it. He can't be totally happy with the current management.