Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

i think the general consensus for that fight is that BJ either finishes him within the first 3 rounds or Sherk lays on him for decision

I think BJ had better finish him in the first 2 rounds because Sherk's probably going to push the pace like BJ hasn't seen in a few years.

*Edit: and just for the record I wouldn't mind a good 1st-2nd round KO by either fighter just to show people that fights aren't always as cut and dry as people are making this one sound.

I just watched the WVR fights, they were pretty good, nothing outstanding though. I was glad to see Kevin Randleman get back in the ring though.

Anyone else think that DREAM and World Victory Road should go ahead and merge? Both are solid up-and-coming Japanese promotions that would look a lot like Pride if merged together.

Why do you think BJ lacks discipline?

His training has completely changed over the last year or so.

I will never forgive him for holding his choke on Pulver after the ref told him to let go. That shows a lack of discipline. The fact that (at least in the past) he didn't have the greatest cardio shows that he lacked discipline.

Holy **** Kimbo Slice was just on the Country Music Awards dressed like a cowboy and handing out an award. Wtf?

i would imagine that CBS wants to put him anywhere and everywhere to promote the May 31st event.

you got a video clip of that, i have to see that one to believe it :laugh:

i would imagine that CBS wants to put him anywhere and everywhere to promote the May 31st event.

you got a video clip of that, i have to see that one to believe it :laugh:

Dude he looked soooo funny dressed like a cowboy, no pics/vids yet but I'll have them up as soon as they're available.

Found this on it though:

http://mmamania.com/2008/05/18/kimbo-slice-to-present-at-country-music-awards-tonight-sunday/

Event: LFC 25

Shaun Parker (3-6) vs. Tyler Bryan (1-0)

this exceptionally rare fight result: Draw due to double KO.

apparently, Shonie Carter was the referee:laugh:

Un-"F"ing-believable. Do you know what round that was?

What were you doing watching the Country Music Awards :laugh:

My girlfriend was watching it while I was on the computer, she's from Texas so I think she's required to watch it.

It totally caught me off guard when they said "and now Kimbo Slice and blahblahblah"

Okay- It's only Monday of UFC84 week but I guess I'll go ahead and make my predictions:

Sokoudjou over Nakamura by TKO (G&P.)

Thiago Silva over Mendes by RNC.

Machida over Ortiz by KO, round 3. (I think I'm actually rooting for Tito. Weird.)

Reljic over Gouveia by decision. (I don't know Reljic but I don't believe in Gouveia. Some here do and you guys can laugh at me afterword if I'm wrong.)

Jardine over Silva by late TKO. (I want so bad to predict a Silva victory but I just think the Dean is on a roll with the kicks and heavy hands. Wandy's age is showing.)

BJ Penn over Sean Sherk by KO in the 2nd. (I have a sig bet with Orlando so I pray Sherk's cardio doesn't even get a chance to play into this one.)

So there are my knee-jerks. I've had a good year so far.

Reljic over Gouveia by decision. (I don't know Reljic but I don't believe in Gouveia. Some here do and you guys can laugh at me afterword if I'm wrong.)

For those interested in Reljic there is an interview with him on sherdog

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=12811

He is undefeated at 8-0

Trains in England with Roger Gracie and in Croatia with Cro Cop and Werdum

Recently won a BJJ tourney

He walks around at 225 and has always fought at heavyweight. This will be his first time cutting weight and fighting at 205.

Sounds like a humble and confident guy. I'll probably pick him unless I read a Gouviea interview before I make my picks :laugh: