Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Strikeforce needs to sign Sara McCann

Olympic Silver Medalist in wrestling vs. Olympic Bronze Medalist in Judo

might be one of the only one who can handle Ronda in the clinch.

That would be great. I feel like as soon as Ronda has the arm and the legs in place, it's damn near impossible for people to break the hold. A world caliber wrestler can counter that though.

Hahahah rousey called cyborg "cyroid" lol

Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one who heard that.

Rousey went all Sonnen on Cyborg.

I really wish that could in some way be a UFC main event. I know it won't happen, but it'd be great to see. The 135 Women's division could probably be deep enough to put in the UFC right now. Maybe I'm trippin. Sign a bunch of prospects, develop some talent, do what you're doing with 125.

I really wish that could in some way be a UFC main event. I know it won't happen, but it'd be great to see. The 135 Women's division could probably be deep enough to put in the UFC right now. Maybe I'm trippin. Sign a bunch of prospects, develop some talent, do what you're doing with 125.

Cyborg can't make 135. Unless they agree to a catchweight, that fight isn't happening.

Since I don't know much about womens MMA outside of the big 5 (Gina, Cyborg, Rousey, Kaufman, & Tate), are there more grapplers or more strikers in the mix?

It's mainly grappling heavy. The few standout strikers I've seen in women's MMA get taken down and submitted in short order when they face good fighters.

The overwhelming majority of women mma fighters are one dimensional. When you have someone who's world class in their one dimension (like Rousey), they can dominate.

Edited by StillUnknown

I see a lot of female fighters who are well-rounded relative to the current talent level. They are decent at everything, but like SU said, if someone has a specialty...the vast majority of the time, that attribute will be what causes the fight to end. Gina was at the same level of everyone else on the ground, but her muay thai background won her all her fights.

How about prime Gina vs. Ronda? I'd have to go with Ronda. Gina would beat girls up over the course of the fight, Ronda would end up getting her down and 'barring her.

I think if Cyborg started running more and lost a little bit of muscle, she'd be doing a service to everyone in the world and would still beat Ronda.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Rhonda seems to have the Jon Jones advantage. She's huge for her weight class.

Her wins have come 100% via technique. I'd say reach and height have had nothing to do with it. She's just programmed to throw and armbar, like Palhares just dives on legs.

Guyborg lol

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Her wins have come 100% via technique. I'd say reach and height have had nothing to do with it. She's just programmed to throw and armbar, like Palhares just dives on legs.

No arguments here. I think I should have used a different fighter to compare her to because I was really referring to fight weight after weigh-in weight. Muscle mass also.

Even if it's not super-deep yet, Dana should just put a women's division together in the UFC anyway. There's enough talent and enough exciting fights there to be worth having at least one women's division in the UFC. It will only help strengthen cards. If you have a ****ty card like the Faber/Barao card a few weeks back, you can't tell me that a Rousey or Cyborg fight wouldn't help spruce up an event like that.

Wow, Tate's got an iron jaw. She survived huge licks and punches. I had Kedzie ahead until the armbar was being attempted.

After that headkick, it was almost like Tate was on pure muscle memory alone. Kedzie should have never followed her to the ground, but I imagine its next to impossible not to follow up when you think victory is a punch away.

Edited by StillUnknown

After that headkick, it was almost like Tate was on pure muscle memory alone. Kedzie should have never followed her to the ground, but I imagine its next to impossible not to follow up when you think victory is a punch away.

BTW- I meant to say kicks and punches. Hello, Freud! :)