Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Tyron Woodley vs. Andre Galvao: Galvao is one of those jiu-jitsu super-freaks, but his game hasn't transitioned smoothly to MMA. Woodley is the far superior wrestler which should allow him to keep it on the feet and batter Galvao. Galvao lost to Jason High, and Woodley is a similar fighter, just better in all areas.

Woodley by (T)KO, Round 2

Josh Thomson vs. Gesias Calvacante: JZ hasn't been the same since his knee operations. With Thomson, you never know which fighter you're going to see. I give the striking advantage to Thomson, wrestling and submissions to JZ. Seems that no matter who I pick when Thomson fights, I end up being wrong.

JZ by Split Decision

Sarah Kaufman vs. Marloes Coenen: Coenen should give Kaufman some problems because it'll be the first time she's fought someone who should be able to match her strength. Kaufman has basic but proficient ability in her hands. Coenen would be wise to get this to the ground and work her jiu-jitsu, but she won't and will be outstruck for 5 rounds.

Kaufman by Unanimous Decision

Nick Diaz vs. KJ Noons: Diaz could make this fight so much easier on himself if he worked for the takedown early and used his ground game to submit Noons, but we all know thats unlikely. On the feet, I think both fighters will have success, Diaz with his slap shots and Noons with his counters. Since Noons has more power in his shots, I see him being able to hurt Diaz alot easier than Diaz can hurt him. Noons would be wise to end this fight early though, I don't trust his cardio at 170lbs. I see Diaz playing his typical game of throwing a ton of shots, but I think Noons can prepare for that and he has the boxing to hurt Diaz and eventually finish him.

Noons by (T)KO, 2nd Round (at which point 98QB will perform seppuku as he cannot stomach living in a world in which Karl James Noons has 2 victories over Nick Diaz)

http://mmajunkie.com/news/20919/lightweights-charles-oliveira-and-jim-miller-tapped-for-ufc-124-in-montreal.mma

I'm a little surprised they're throwing Oliveira in deep so quick, I thought they would give him the Jon Jones slow build up since he's only 20

It's scary how good his jiu jitsu translates to MMA, especially considering his age. At this rate, he's going to be a beast of a LW king in the next few years.

I don't know how he's going to stack up to Jim Miller though. Miller's BJJ is sick too but he's also a freight train of a wrestler. This fight could possibly end up being a stalemate.

Tyron Woodley vs. Andre Galvao:

I've been waiting for Woodley to get on a Strikeforce main card for a little while now. Galvao is nasty on the ground but Woodley is a much better wrestler and he should have a significant size advantage over Galvao.

Woodley by UD

Josh Thomson vs. Gesias Calvacante:

JZ hasn't finished anyone in over three years but he's never been finished by anyone in his career. I'm not a huge fan of either of these guys but considering where they're both at in their careers, I like Thompson in this likely unexciting affair.

Thompson by UD

Sarah Kaufman vs. Marloes Coenen:

Coenen is the more experienced fighter but Sarah Kaufman is the Queen of her weight division. Everyone wants to see her move up and fight Cyborg who absolutely abused Coenen in her last bout. I think Sarah Kaufman has the advantage wherever this fight goes. She's good enough on the ground to hang with Coenen and she's way better on the feet. Plus she slam KO'd a girl in her last fight lol. I think Kaufman keeps this one standing and finishes Marloes Coenen, making Greg Jackson proud.

Kaufman by TKO Round 3

Nick Diaz vs. KJ Noons:

Noons took it to Diaz in the last fight but ultimately, when there's time on the clock, your opponent is still standing & ready to fight, and hasn't been finished, the result is inconclusive. This time the bout is at 170 which is where Diaz shines the most. He won't be drained from the weight cut and he'll likely have a serious size advantage when the bell rings. Diaz can strike but he relies too much on his cardio to wear guys out before going in for the kill. Noons has better technique and will catch him if he tries to stand for too long. Diaz can be dumb but he's wanted this rematch for too long to do anything stupid. He takes it to the ground where Noons is a fish out of water.

Nick Diaz RNC followed by some well deserved taunting Round 2

And if for some reason Noons does win...it's been nice knowing you guys....

906ce482.jpg

Tyron Woodley vs. Andre Galvao: Woodley is drastically overrated. He lost his last fight on my scorecard. Maybe it was a wakeup call and he will be ready tonight, but I doubt it.

Galvao by Sub

Josh Thomson vs. Gesias Calvacante: Classic stalemate grappling match here.

Thompson by UD

Sarah Kaufman vs. Marloes Coenen: I really, really, miss Gina Carano

Kaufman

Nick Diaz vs. KJ Noons: Noons is a douchebag who is about to get his ass whooped. MTV cameras should be taping this thing and airing it on the next Beatdown. It is going to be ugly. 2-0-freaking-9, ****es.

Diaz by Stockton Street Stomp.

Edited by Sebowski

I had it 4-1 Diaz with Noons only winning the 2nd. Overall not as good a fight as I was hoping for. Definitely not the fight of the year Ranallo was making it sound like. I can;t believe how often Diaz let Noons bend his head down or get clinch without landing some knees. Also hard to believe how little he did with side control.

We all know what's next for Noons. Either Gilbert Melendez title fight or a Floyd Mayweather Jr boxing title fight. He deserves either. Just ask him. :rolleyes:

What's next for Diaz? Do they have anyone else at 170 before they throw Woodley in there? Diaz is 2-0 at 185. Maybe Cung Le?

I had it 4-1 Diaz with Noons only winning the 2nd. Overall not as good a fight as I was hoping for. Definitely not the fight of the year Ranallo was making it sound like. I can;t believe how often Diaz let Noons bend his head down or get clinch without landing some knees. Also hard to believe how little he did with side control.

We all know what's next for Noons. Either Gilbert Melendez title fight or a Floyd Mayweather Jr boxing title fight. He deserves either. Just ask him. :rolleyes:

What's next for Diaz? Do they have anyone else at 170 before they throw Woodley in there? Diaz is 2-0 at 185. Maybe Cung Le?

Daley.

Good call. Forgot about Daley. I imagine they'd want to showcase him before a title fight though. Either way, that is a fight I will be looking forward too.

Daley's fighting Scott Smith on the Hendo card i believe...but he should beat Smith...Diaz would be a good next fight.

BTW, i scored the fight just like you did, 4-1 Diaz, w/ Noons taking round 2. It was a decent fight but Mauro is retarded if he thinks it's one of the "best title fights in MMA."

Daley's fighting Scott Smith on the Hendo card i believe...but he should beat Smith...Diaz would be a good next fight.

BTW, i scored the fight just like you did, 4-1 Diaz, w/ Noons taking round 2. It was a decent fight but Mauro is retarded if he thinks it's one of the "best title fights in MMA."

it was never made official, but I'm a man of my word. come up with a sig and I'll rock it for 2 weeks

I also noticed that FightMetric scored the strikes landed a lot differently than CompuStrike...I'm not sure which one is correct, it's probably somewhere in the middle, but it's interesting that both systems had such different results:

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2010/10/diaz-vs-noons-ii-fightmetric-report.html

I rewatched that fight last night, there's no way Noon's threw 600+ punches, I'm thinking CompuStrike just got it wrong

I also noticed that FightMetric scored the strikes landed a lot differently than CompuStrike...I'm not sure which one is correct, it's probably somewhere in the middle, but it's interesting that both systems had such different results:

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2010/10/diaz-vs-noons-ii-fightmetric-report.html

9d32052d.jpg

That's more like it. I was totally shocked when I saw the Compu one. Thought they got it reversed.