Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

WEC 51: At Least Its not UFC 119

Chang Sung Jung vs. George Roop: Roops got the reach, but Jung's aggressiveness should help him out. hard to root against the guy.

Sung Jung by Unanimous Decision

Leonard Garcia vs. Mark Hominick: Garcia is a brawler with power, nothing more. Hominick's striking is on a different level, and he's competent on the ground. Hominick will use Garcia's aggressiveness against him and finish him in the 2nd

Hominick by (T)KO, round 2

Miguel Torres vs. Charlie Valencia: I think Torres is done as a high level fighter, fortunately for him, Valencia is not of the level to expose him again. On the feet, Torres has very timid in his last fight, but Valencia is skilled enough standing to take advantage. Should they clinch, Valencia should be able to take him down, but Torres' jiu-jitsu should be enough to carry him.

Torres by Submission, round 2

Jaime Varner vs. Donald Cerrone: the fact that this is a 3 round fight hurts Cerrone. He tends to start slowly and come on late in fights. Cerrone has decent standup, but Varner is more disciplined and has more power on the feet. Varner is a much better wrestler and that will be the deciding factor to this fight. I'm rooting for Cerrone, but I don't see many avenues for him to win this fight.

Jaime Varner by Unanimous Decision

Jose Aldo vs. Manny Gamburyan: Aldo is one of the very best strikers in all of MMA, Gamburyan has hellish right hand counter, although its very predictable. Gamburyan's power will always give him a puncher's chance, but his smartest strategy would be to force clinch situations and utilize his judo game to get Aldo to the ground. I don't like Gamburyan's chances shooting traditional takedowns as Aldo's reflexes and counters are pretty damn devastating. Aldo will take a round to get a sense of Gamburyan's timing, then he'll punish Manny in the 2nd, and take him out of his misery in the 3rd.

Aldo by (T)KO, round 3

Edited by StillUnknown

Tonites WEC card is gonna be sick....and its FREE!!!!!! Looking foward to it especially since the last UFC was such a downer (Except for the Sherk vs Dunham fight). TUF was good last nite as well.

I hope Manny beats Aldo just to open up some interesting matches at 135. Hope Cowboy finally gets out of his funk and takes out varner as well!

I meant open up fights at 145....sorry long day with 2 sick kids at home!....Cant wait for the fights!

Aldo's pace tonight was what impressed me the most. The fans at MMA events will boo, regardless of how well a fighter paces his gameplan, because a lot of them just want a bunch of Koren Zombie vs. Garcia action.

Again, Aldo damaged the legs first. Manny dove in with that 2-hook combo right off the bat and landed on Aldo. He landed a few more shots with that lead hook by diving in until Aldo landed a couple leg kicks. At the moment Aldo landed that second or third leg kick, Manny lost the only thing that was giving him a little bit of success. Aldo landed a few more leg kicks for good measure, was ready to pick off takedown attempts with knees and uppercuts, and naturally had that classic Blackhouse striking accuracy.

Aldo took his time and broke Manny down to a manageable level. Manny went for a first round kill but wasn't successful and showed his cards. Couple kicks and there goes plan A.

Aldo's knees are unbelievable. Take a look at pretty much any of his fights...it's as close to having 4 fists as any fighter in MMA history. Even Wand or Shogun, because those guys pretty much used their knees out of a clinch. Aldo throws knees from his striking stance, he lands them just ridiculously quickly.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

I missed the card last night because my power was out and didn't come back on until 11pm. I recorded the late showing of the card and I tried to avoid any spoilers but I swear I couldn't help but to log onto Wiki and look at the results this morning. Everything went about like I thought it would, I can't wait to watch the Aldo fight...

I saw that Varner/Cerrone won FOTN...do you guys agree with that?

Anyone planning on watching the K1 events this weekend? I see that HDNet is showing the first one live tonight at 2am EST but they're not going to show the final live. Anyone know if any other channel / PPV is going to show the final live?

Anyone planning on watching the K1 events this weekend? I see that HDNet is showing the first one live tonight at 2am EST but they're not going to show the final live. Anyone know if any other channel / PPV is going to show the final live?

I can't wait it's going to be awesome! I don't really get what you mean with your question they are showing the heavyweight final 16 live on hdnet at 2am and then the 8 winners advance to the finals in early december which will be live on hdnet too. Then the middleweight final 16 is on sunday but hdnet is not showing that live but replaying it a couple weeks later. I did however find out that for the first time K-1 will be streaming the middleweight final 16 live for free on their official website but it's probably going to be at 2am et sunday as well. I will be recording the heavyweight event tonight then watching it tomorrow morning. If anyone has a DVR I highly recommend giving it a try and see if you like it the fights are always exciting.