Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

That Overeem timeline cracks me up every time I see it!

Daley vs. Koscheck for UFC 113. Both of these guys have looked very good as of recently. I think if Koscheck had finished the Paulo Thiago fight + went on w/ the Trigg/Anthony Johnson fights he'd be looking at a title shot right now. IMO, winner of this one should get the next title shot.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/17958/daley-vs-koscheck-credeur-vs-lawlor-official-for-ufc-113-in-montreal.mma

Daley vs. Koscheck, Credeur vs. Lawlor official for UFC 113 in Montreal

by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Feb 16, 2010 at 8:45 am ET

"UFC 113: Machida vs. Shogun II" continues to take shape, and two more bouts were today made official for the UFC's third trip to Montreal in three years.

Paul Daley (23-8-2 MMA, 2-0 UFC) vs. Josh Koscheck (14-4 MMA, 12-4 UFC) and Tim Credeur (12-3 MMA, 3-1 UFC) vs. Tom Lawlor (6-2 MMA, 3-1 UFC) were officially added to the UFC 113 schedule.

Both fights were previously reported by MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

Featuring a light heavyweight rematch between UFC champ Lyoto Machida and challenger Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, UFC 113 takes place May 8 at the Bell Centre in Montreal. The main card airs live on pay-per-view.

Daley, who trains alongside UFC fighters Dan Hardy, Ross Pearson, Andre Winner and Nick Osipczak, has had a lightning-fast rise to the upper echelon of the welterweight division with back-to-back impressive victories over Martin Kampmann and Hazelett.

Koscheck, a former NCAA Divison I wrestling champion, needs no primer on the ground game, and his stand-up skills have developed a reputation of their own. He has stopped five of his 16 UFC opponents with strikes, which included recent highlight-reel finishes of Frank Trigg, Yoshiyuki Yoshida and Hazelett. Most recently, Koscheck eluded Anthony Johnson's dangerous striking to win a rear-naked choke victory at UFC 106, a bout marred by repeated stoppages due to inadvertent eye pokes.

A staple at recent UFC Fight Night events, the 32-year-old Credeur won "Fight of the Night" honors in his most recent appearance against Nate Quarry at UFC Fight Night 19 this past September. However, he suffered multiple injuries during the barnburner that forced an extended layoff from training for much of late 2009.

The loss was Credeur's first setback since appearing on "The Ultimate Fighter 7," where he defeated Erik Charles, Matt Riddle, and Dan Cramer before would-be finalist Jesse Taylor stopped him in the show's semi-final round.

Lawlor, 27, also won "Fight of the Night" honors for his most recent fight, a three-round slugfest with Aaron Simpson that many fans believe "The Filthy Mauler" won despite running out of gas in the final round.

Lawlor was a cast member of the "TUF" season following Credeur's, "The Ultimate Fighter 8," where he defeated Ryan Lopez in the elimination round before being knocked out by the show's eventual tournament winner, Ryan Bader. Lawlor's loss to Simpson was his first post-"TUF" setback after victories over Kyle Kingsbury and C.B. Dollaway.

For complete coverage of UFC 113, check out the UFC Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com.

Edited by #98QBKiller

I can't wait for the Daley vs Koscheck matchup. Daley is one of my new favorite fighters because of his striking ability and Koscheck is one of my least favorite. There has been some heated trash talk on twitter between these two already before the bout was even officially announced. Koscheck is acting like he is going to prove he can stand and trade with Daley but I don't think he is dumb enough to do that. Also Daley has posted on his twitter that he is preparing for Koscheck's wrestling by training with Muhammed Lawal so that should be interesting how he handles the takedowns.

I can't wait for the Daley vs Koscheck matchup. Daley is one of my new favorite fighters because of his striking ability and Koscheck is one of my least favorite. There has been some heated trash talk on twitter between these two already before the bout was even officially announced. Koscheck is acting like he is going to prove he can stand and trade with Daley but I don't think he is dumb enough to do that. Also Daley has posted on his twitter that he is preparing for Koscheck's wrestling by training with Muhammed Lawal so that should be interesting how he handles the takedowns.

That's going to be a good one for sure. I didn't think Koscheck was going to stand with Anthony Johnson but he did (at least for most of the bout), Daley is technically better than Johnson so Koscheck would be dumb to stand with him IMO. Even standing with him for a few minutes could get himself finished. Koscheck's best bet is to try and sub him if he wants to finish the fight. Even though Wiki says that Daley is a purple belt in BJJ, most all of his losses have come by submission.

So, any hunches for the fights this weekend? I'm thinking Cain and unfortunately Bisping are going to take it. Still a little undecided on the Nog fight. Great battle against Couture...slick submission attempts, looked much more energized on the feet, but it's hard to imagine how well it will work against Cain. I try to envision how the fight will go and for some reason don't see Nog submitting the dude. I'll prolly take Cain by decision.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

So, any hunches for the fights this weekend? I'm thinking Cain and unfortunately Bisping are going to take it. Still a little undecided on the Nog fight. Great battle against Couture...slick submission attempts, looked much more energized on the feet, but it's hard to imagine how well it will work against Cain. I try to envision how the fight will go and for some reason don't see Nog submitting the dude. I'll prolly take Cain by decision.

I'm hoping for wins from all of the Pride veterans but I know that won't happen because Cro-Cop is on the card.

I'm interested to see how Cain fights against a top HW like Nog, this will be his first real test IMO. I don't see Nog finishing him but I can see Nog winning the UD.

I have mixed predictions on the Wandy fight. This will be his first fight post-surgery and he's going to be at 185 now so he could very well get his speed back, which is what made him dangerous in Pride. And Bisping sounds humbled after getting his head punched off by Hendo, I think he's taken this fight very seriously. I think this fight will tell us if Wandy has really lost it or if he's just been outmatched by much larger opponents and having to bulk up since pretty much the Cro Cop fight in Pride.

This is a pretty good card overall IMO. I'm pretty sure I'm going to order it.

I have been excited about this one for a while. I am going with Nog and Wandy. I just think that Cain is a little overrated at this point in his career, and Big Nog is quite a step up in competition. Cain is obviously good, but I think this is the night he gets his first loss. Big Nog via UD.

And I will be honest, I am going to have a hard time looking at the Wandy-Bisping fight objectively. I am a huge fan of Silva and Bisping is one of my least favorite. Wandy has been on quite a cold streak for a while, but I am hoping that the drop to 185 helps. Bisping just has not impressed me much recently. He nearly got decapitated by Hendo and then beat up Kang, who did not really look like he wanted to be there. What a disappointing fight that was. But I digress. Wandy TKO, round 2.

Hell, I am also looking forward to a few other fights on the card like Bader-Jardine and Stevenson-Sotiropoulos. I love Cro Cop, but after the last few fights, it is difficult to get really excited. I keep hoping that the old Mirko will appear, but that is getting less and less likely. I also hope to see the Dolloway-Reljic fight. It will be interesting to see how Reljic looks after such a long layoff.

Pretty darn good card on paper, IMO.

Hell, I am also looking forward to a few other fights on the card like Bader-Jardine and Stevenson-Sotiropoulos. I love Cro Cop, but after the last few fights, it is difficult to get really excited. I keep hoping that the old Mirko will appear, but that is getting less and less likely. I also hope to see the Dolloway-Reljic fight. It will be interesting to see how Reljic looks after such a long layoff.

Yeah this is a very solid card IMO.

I'm wondering if Jardine gets KTFO on Saturday, if the UFC will finally part ways with him. He's dropped 3 out of 4 in unimpressive fashion and barely limped by Brandon Vera with a split decision in that one win.

i'm thinking Cain will get by Big Nog as much as it pains me to say that. Big Nog still looked slow against Randy, randy just couldn't capitalize because he's old. Cain would be wise to use his wrestling in reverse and just try to beat Nog to the punch. Nog has the reach advantage, but he rarely takes advantage of it. i'll be rooting for Nog, but i expect Cain to get the decision

I'm wondering if Jardine gets KTFO on Saturday, if the UFC will finally part ways with him. He's dropped 3 out of 4 in unimpressive fashion and barely limped by Brandon Vera with a split decision in that one win.

It is an interesting fight, that's for sure. Huge fight for both guys. I am leaning toward Jardine right now, but very slightly. I think if Jardine loses, he will still be around for at least another fight, although it may not be as a part of the main card.

I love Cro Cop, but after the last few fights, it is difficult to get really excited. I keep hoping that the old Mirko will appear, but that is getting less and less likely.

Mirko can't take punishment anymore. I've given him the misguided benefit of the doubt for too many fights and finally waived goodbye to him after Dos Santos became the latest young fighter to break him. I think he came to the UFC thinking his kicks were all he needed, then got his confidence and stamina buried under too many humiliations.

Win or lose this saturday he can't go any higher in competition than a Ben Rothwell so why risk his body and brain? Ben's got him by 2 inches and 40 pounds. Remember Cheick Kongo, Mirko?

It's over for MirkOVER CrOVER Cop FilipOVERvitch.

Well if anyone wants to watch some old school CroCop before he potentially loses and gets cut from the UFC here is a link. K-1 just released the '99 Grand Prix final on there youtube channel and this is the CroCop vs Musashi fight.

i have all of CroCop's mma fights & several of his K-1 fights on my external hard drive

its painful for me to watch CroCop now. you can tell his mind his still fine, just his body doesnt react the same

i wish he'd retire to be honest

http://mmajunkie.com/news/17995/perosh-replaces-rothwell-at-ufc-110-sinosic-vs-haseman-pulled-from-prelims.mma

With just 48 hours remaining until the Ultimate Fighting Championship's Australian debut, the promotion this evening announced a couple major changes to the fight card.

Anthony Perosh replaces ill Ben Rothwell in a UFC 110 main-card fight with Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic, and a shoulder injury suffered by Elvin Sinosic has forced the cancellation of his preliminary-card bout with fellow Australian Chris Haseman.

UFC 110 takes place Saturday at Acer Arena in Sydney, Australia.

The night's main card, including the Filipovic vs. Perosh bout, airs on pay-per-view.

Details of Rothwell's (30-7 MMA, 0-1 UFC) illness were not disclosed. Stepping in the IFL veteran's place is Perosh (10-5 MMA, 0-2 UFC), a 37-year-old Australian who returns to his UFC for the first time since his 0-2 stint in the promotion in 2006. Since the losses to Jeff Monson and Christian Wellisch, Perosh has fought primarily for Australia's popular Cage Fighting Championships promotion and has posted a 5-2 record. All of the wins have come via stoppage.

Perosh faces the biggest-name opponent of his career in Filipovic (25-7-2 MMA, 2-3 UFC), who recently snapped a three-fight win streak with a TKO loss to Junior dos Santos at UFC 103 in September. Once one of the world's most feared heavyweight strikers, Filipovic is now desperately in need of a win.

Sinosic (8-11-2 MMA, 1-6 UFC) and Haseman (20-16 MMA, 0-1 UFC), meanwhile, earned their spots on the UFC 110 card largely because of their pasts as MMA trailblazers in Australia. While neither has had much success in recent years, the bout garnered some interest from local fight fans, who first saw the pair meet at a 1997 Caged Combat event. The bareknuckle fight saw Haseman earn the win by driving his chin into Sinosic's left eye until he tapped due to the now-illegal submission.

UFC officials opted to pull the card from the lineup rather than naming a replacement on such short notice.

now if CroCop can't beat this dude..............

According to ufc.com:

A shoulder injury suffered by Elvis Sinosic has forced the cancellation of his rematch with countryman Chris Haseman, and heavyweight Ben Rothwell has been sidelined by an illness, forcing him out of his bout with Mirko Cro Cop. Australian veteran Anthony Perosh will step in to face Mirko Cro Cop.

The rest of the now nine bout UFC 110 card remains unchanged.

Anthony Perosh (10-5 MMA, 0-2 UFC) steps in on one days notice before tomorrow's weigh-ins.

Obviously I wouldn't oppose it but I think they'd better concentrate on getting BJJ into the Olympics first. There's a big push to make it happen in the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/mma/02/19/ufc.olympics.ap/index.html?eref=sihp

UFC president would support mixed martial arts as Olympic sport

SYDNEY (AP) -- Ultimate Fighting Championship executives say they'd support a move for mixed martial arts to become an Olympic sport.

UFC president Dana White, in Sydney ahead of Sunday's sold-out UFC 110 at Acer Arena, said while his company would not actively lobby the International Olympic Committee, he would support their inclusion in the games.

Although UFC matches feature caged fighting, the different disciplines of mixed martial arts -- boxing, wrestling, taekwondo and judo -- feature in the Olympics as individual events.

"It would be a huge benefit to us if mixed martial arts became an Olympic sport," White said. "It would create instant awareness around the world, and it would be huge.

"I would support it 100 percent. I personally am not out there trying to get mixed martial arts as an Olympic sport ... but if it popped and they said, 'Yes, we're thinking about it,' I would go guns ablazing and try to make it happen."

The UFC's first show in Australia sold out 16,500 tickets within four hours in December, despite the card not having been announced. White also told local media in stories published Friday that Australia could become an annual stop on the UFC tour.

The only venue to sell out faster, according to the UFC, was UFC83 in Montreal, Canada in April 2008, when 21,390 attended the Bell Centre.

Sunday's event in Sydney will be headlined by a heavyweight bout between veteran Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Cain Valasquez and a middleweight clash between Wanderlei Silva and Michael Bisping.

Former UFC heavyweight Nogueira, a Brazilian who has a jiujutsu black belt, has a record of 32-5-1. Velazquez, a 27-year-old Californian, is 7-0 and has beaten all but one opponent inside the distance.

Silva, with a record of 32-10-1, won the PRIDE world championship in Japan for five years in a row. Bisping, 19-2, was the UFC's winner in its third season.

An undercard bout between Elvis Sinosic and Chris Haseman will be the first all-Australian bout to take place in the UFC.