Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Brutal fight. Thought Diaz was finished there.

so did i :mad:

gotta respect his recovering ability

a little mad Zaromski was just determined to eat shots to get close, thats not a good way to close the distance. hell he showed a damn good chin himself, it took about 50 clean shots before he finally fell

Okay:

-I can't stand Jimmy Lennon Jr. I know he's a respected boxing announcer but you can't tell me that in this day and age Strikeforce can't find a better guy who doesn't announce in monotone.

-Strikeforce needs to dump Lennon, Quadros, Frank Shamrock and maybe even Mauro, they have all of these talented fighters but probably the worst staff working the mics that I've ever seen in MMA

-wtf happened to Melvin Manhoef? I thought he was going to Corey Hill Robbie Lawler, that was the most brutal KO I've seen in a while

-I want to see Bobby Lashley fight some more, he's got the size, power and wrestling to be a force in that organization. I wish they would've let him tee off some more on Wes Sims, he's a douche and needs a good beating

-The guy that Herschel Walker fought looked like some couch potato that was grabbed out of the crowd before the cameras started rolling, it was laughable listening to Mauro and Frank Shamrock try to pump Herschel's performance against that loser

-I'm starting to become a fan of Cyborg

-Good to see Nick win the belt, he completely shut down Zaromskis striking and dropped him. Very impressive win IMO. At one time it seemed like Muay Thai + BJJ was the way to go in MMA but these days there are a lot of guys having success supplementing their BJJ with American boxing and there aren't as many kickboxers tearing it up, obviously there are exceptions like Anderson but the trend seems to be titling to western boxing which is cool.

Anyone have a gif of Nick teeing off of Zaromskis?

My buddy with Showtime that I suppose to watch the fights with bailed last minute. I thought I found a link quickly, but looks like I missed the Lawler and Lashley fight. Thanks for the gif, Patrick. Great punch by Lawler. From teh comments it sounds like he pulled a Scott Smith. I'll have to watch it tomorrow. How did the Lashley fight go?

Diaz rules. "Cesar Gracie Jujitsu, Mother ****er! ....pardon my language. Cesar Gracie Jujitsu!"

Also, time to start recognizing Cesar Gracie as a top trainer. Cesar Gracie Jujitsu now owns Strikeforce's 155, 170, and 185 titles. I don't think they have any 205 or heavy weights.

Okay:

-Strikeforce needs to dump Lennon, Quadros, Frank Shamrock and maybe even Mauro, they have all of these talented fighters but probably the worst staff working the mics that I've ever seen in MMA

I love Frank Shamrock before he started with Strikeforce and his first couple shows with them. Since then he has started sounding too much like Quadros and Mauro. Maybe it is because they both talk so damn much. Those two would be terrific Pro Wrestling announcers or QVC salesmen. They are great at promoting. Terrible at announcing fights. Makes me want to go back and watch the old Pride stuff when I liked them and see if they got worse I I changed my mind on them.

When Hershal Walker was in that dude's high guard and the Quadros/Mauro team were debating on how dangerous it was for him, I almost thought one of them was going to have one of those Chris Berman/Bill O'Reily/Christian Bale moments. You shouldn't have two play by play guys at the same time. At least switch them off like they did in Pride.

I like both of those guys but they shouldn't be commentating at the same time. Any time I ever hear Mauro's voice I always hear KEVAN RANDALMAN HAS NOCKED OUT, MARKO CROCAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

My buddy with Showtime that I suppose to watch the fights with bailed last minute. I thought I found a link quickly, but looks like I missed the Lawler and Lashley fight. Thanks for the gif, Patrick. Great punch by Lawler. From teh comments it sounds like he pulled a Scott Smith. I'll have to watch it tomorrow. How did the Lashley fight go?

Diaz rules. "Cesar Gracie Jujitsu, Mother ****er! ....pardon my language. Cesar Gracie Jujitsu!"

Also, time to start recognizing Cesar Gracie as a top trainer. Cesar Gracie Jujitsu now owns Strikeforce's 155, 170, and 185 titles. I don't think they have any 205 or heavy weights.

I loved when Quadros asked him "what's next for Nick Diaz?" and he just said "I'm ready to go home and eat."

:ols:

The Lashley fight was pretty much all Lashley. Wes Sims was clowning around at the beginning putting his hand way up in the air where Lashley couldn't reach it and trying to get Lashley to give him dap on it and just basically being a d-bag. He complained over the stoppage even though he went from turtle position to falling flat on his face and was covering his head while Lashley pounded him.

They could've let the fight go a little longer if they wanted to but Lashley was going to finish it even if they did.

I love Frank Shamrock before he started with Strikeforce and his first couple shows with them. Since then he has started sounding too much like Quadros and Mauro. Maybe it is because they both talk so damn much. Those two would be terrific Pro Wrestling announcers or QVC salesmen. They are great at promoting. Terrible at announcing fights. Makes me want to go back and watch the old Pride stuff when I liked them and see if they got worse I I changed my mind on them.

It's bad when they make Mike Goldberg look like a good commentator.

*gif*

Thanks man, I'm going to add this to my sig as soon as photobucket stops crashing on me.

Any time I ever hear Mauro's voice I always hear KEVAN RANDALMAN HAS NOCKED OUT, MARKO CROCAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

:ols:

The Lashley fight was pretty much all Lashley. Wes Sims was clowning around at the beginning putting his hand way up in the air where Lashley couldn't reach it and trying to get Lashley to give him dap on it and just basically being a d-bag. He complained over the stoppage even though he went from turtle position to falling flat on his face and was covering his head while Lashley pounded him.

Without seeing it I think I know what he was doing. He said in an interview last week he'd come out and try to get Lashley to do the ol' pro wrestling move "test of strength". You know, where they each lock one hand high, then the other, then try to force the other guy down. Good guy always gets the advantage and bad guy always kicks good guy in the stomach. Pro Wrestling 101 right there.

Without seeing it I think I know what he was doing. He said in an interview last week he'd come out and try to get Lashley to do the ol' pro wrestling move "test of strength". You know, where they each lock one hand high, then the other, then try to force the other guy down. Good guy always gets the advantage and bad guy always kicks good guy in the stomach. Pro Wrestling 101 right there.

Now that you mention it, that's exactly what he was doing. I should've put two & two together, I was all about Pro Wrestling when I was a kid.

Lashley didn't let it distract him though he just stuck to his gameplan and got the TKO pretty quickly.

Our boy Nick Diaz never dissapoints when someone gives him a mic.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=10628&zoneid=13

NICK DIAZ WILL FIGHT ANYONE, WANTS GSP

Monday, February 01, 2010 - by Ken Pishna - MMAWeekly.com

You either love him or hate him.

There aren’t too many people that ride the fence when it comes to Nick Diaz.

That’s not surprising considering he’s not one to ride the fence himself. You don’t get the sterile, filtered answers of today’s practiced professional athletes when you talk to Nick Diaz.

You get Nick Diaz.

Following Saturday’s win over Dream champion Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami – where Diaz won the vacant Strikeforce welterweight championship, he spoke as freely as ever.

While everyone else has been focused on whether or not Jay Hieron will finally get the title shot that he signed up for, Diaz hardly gives him a second thought.

“I’d rather fight somebody that’s a little more important than Jay Hieron,” he said plainly. “(His) fight wasn’t even on the main card, so why am I going to fight him? Nobody saw it. Nobody even knows who he is. They keep bringing me these guys nobody knows.”

The same goes for K.J. Noons, who defeated Diaz when the two fought for the now-defunct EliteXC.

“Who is Noons? He hasn’t fought forever. This guy doesn’t even fight anymore or something or quit, is scared,” assessed Diaz.

So who does he want to fight? How about UFC welterweight champion and the consensus No. 1 170-pounder in the world?

“I want to fight Georges St-Pierre,” Diaz stated without hesitation. “If they give me an option, that’s the only fight I’m talking about. I want to fight the best. I want to fight the people that everybody thinks is the best out there.”

That’s not likely to happen any time soon. St-Pierre is locked in with the UFC and Diaz is now dialed in as Strikeforce champion.

Mixing the two promotions is like trying to blend oil and water. It just ain’t gonna happen.

In the meantime, Diaz will keep chugging along, doing what he does best... fight.

“There’s people in the world to fight,” he stated, adding, “I’ll do whatever is going to pay me. I need money so I can take care of my family.

“I’ll fight whoever you want me to. Just pay me more money. Whoever you can pay me the most money to fight, I’m going to fight.”

And since they share the same quotes I imagine it is from the same interview

http://mmajunkie.com/news/17756/strikeforce-champ-nick-diaz-says-georges-st-pierre-just-fine-for-his-next-opponent.mma

Fans have for years called for a rematch of a 2004 UFC bout between Diaz and current Strikeforce middleweight contender Robbie Lawler (17-5 MMA, 1-1 UFC), but the new 170-pound champion seemed to rule out that possibility.

"I fought Robbie before, and we fight at different weights (now)," Diaz said. "But we're friends as far as I'm concerned, so I don't even want to talk about something like that.

"Robbie Lawler's not talking [expletive] trying to fight me, so I'm not going to have anything bad to say about him."