Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Okay, since Chachie got his promo, I get to give my brag story!

Our friend who just started fighting in the UFC gave us one of the coolest wedding presents a couple weeks ago. When he came to the rehearsal, he pulled out a poster from UFC 99 signed by everyone on the card with messages written to us, and then he gave us his gloves from that fight! He could have given them to his family members, but he said he knew we'd appreciate them more...how freaking cool is that?!

Our friend who just started fighting in the UFC gave us one of the coolest wedding presents a couple weeks ago. When he came to the rehearsal, he pulled out a poster from UFC 99 signed by everyone on the card with messages written to us, and then he gave us his gloves from that fight! He could have given them to his family members, but he said he knew we'd appreciate them more...how freaking cool is that?!

Very thoughtful and I think I remember the guy you're talking about. We were all rooting for him that night.

isn't your friend on the card tonight as one of the undercard fights?

Very thoughtful and I think I remember the guy you're talking about. We were all rooting for him that night.

Yeah, his name's Ricky. He's actually fighting tonight too.

isn't your friend on the card tonight as one of the undercard fights?

His fight will be broadcast with the rest of the preliminaries, free, on Spike before the main card on PPV. Pretty much a do or die fight for him, so we'll see what happens...we are all definitely keeping our :fingersx:

Edited by Special K

:cry:

Come on, man.

We're talking about something cosmetic. The dangers in pro wrestling and boxing go far beyond that. Blood is only a big issue because a) it makes nancies quiver and B) it gives haters another excuse to dismiss the sport. It's a cut....a cut.

Not Owen Hart falling to his death or Sid Viscious snapping his leg in half. It isn't Mick Foley purposely wounding himself or taking 100 pain pills a night to shake off the stress of it all.

You watch boxing and think that cut is considered more barbaric than repeatedly bouncing somebodys head around for 12 rounds? It's a cut. He'll have a hell of a chunk of scar tissue there, that's it. They should have stopped the fight, they always do when a cut is too deep. This was a one of a kind situation as far as I can remember.

How many people a year die in boxing, 6? WTF is a standing 8 count? Do they really think in 8 seconds dude is going to be okay? Boxing is as barbaric as it gets. Guy gets dropped. Can barely stand up with the help of the ropes. The ref asks "Are you good". Boxer replies "Tuesday" Ref lets them continue. Now fast forward 5 years later. Guy can hardly speak, Don King has ripped off millions from him and so he has to fight to make more money and he gets hit in the head 80 times in a fight and that's not even county sparring.

His fight will be broadcast with the rest of the preliminaries, free, on Spike before the main card on PPV. Pretty much a do or die fight for him, so we'll see what happens...we are all definitely keeping our :fingersx:

he has my support on the nickname alone lol

Ricky Story! That's right. Okay, good mojo his way.

Yaaayyyyyyyy!!!!! I'm so freaking excited!! I was about to throw up when I saw Ricky get tagged in the beginning. I don't think I could've handled much more, glad he submitted him when he did.

he should have a good shot at getting the submission of the night bonus. that will help heal alot of bruises :silly: