Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

most pros picked Carano to win for what its worth, then again, they were split fairly evenly between Anderson & Forrest so take their opinion with a grain of salt

I think the entire planet Earth is rooting for Gina but I cannot see how anyone is betting on her. :(

i think Machida will defend his belt the longest, followed by GSP, Anderson, & BJ. i don't really see any of the champs losing anytime soon.

Brock will only get better which is a scary, but he is the most vulnerable.

nobody has come close to figuring out how to hit Machida with two consecutive shots, let alone beat him and now you have Anderson acting as a bodyguard to Machida's throne at 205 picking off potential challengers before they ever get to Machida.

at MW i just dont see a challenger right now, Hendo & Nate rematches would be good, but i see them both going down. Maia would be a replay of the fight, i dont see Maia as being strong or quick enough to get Anderson down.

at WW GSP has no real competitors right now, the winner of Kampmann/Swick has about .5% chance of beating GSP.

if BJ is movitated @ 155, he has a style matchup advantage against everybody else in the division right now as Maynard is wrestler who BJ would probably sub, Diego has no power in his strikes and his wrestling is just average. Edgar is too small, Griffin is basically Sherk-lite.

So Machida for most defenses and Brock for least.

Still missing Double and 99 for the pool.

So Machida for most defenses and Brock for least.

Still missing Double and 99 for the pool.

Hmm, I'll say Anderson for least. He'll abandon his title to go to 205 ;). And if that doesn't count I'll just assume he loses a ground battle sooner or later.

Most defenses? GSP.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

I sorta think if Matt Serra can rock GSP then somebody else can do it. Nobody's rocked Silva or Machida. Brock is so huge and ferocious but he's the least tested of the five. BJ just made a pretty big statement against Flo.

(Where's Skins Orlando NOW?) :)

For me it's a toss up between Machida and GSP for the most and Brock for the least.

To me GSP's game has evolved more than any fighter in the game making him extremely difficult to beat. Machida is just impossible to hit. I think Silva eventually gets beat by someone with a good ground game.

Brock IMO is getting by on size alone. Seriously, how hard is it to maul a guy who weighs 40+ pounds less than you? Punching power, uh he's 300lbs. Just think he'll eventually get caught.

I sorta think if Matt Serra can rock GSP then somebody else can do it. Nobody's rocked Silva or Machida. Brock is so huge and ferocious but he's the least tested of the five. BJ just made a pretty big statement against Flo.

(Where's Skins Orlando NOW?) :)

I feel the same way about GSP. Not suprising considering we have the exact same picks, and are BJ fans.

For me it's a toss up between Machida and GSP for the most and Brock for the least.

To me GSP's game has evolved more than any fighter in the game making him extremely difficult to beat. Machida is just impossible to hit. I think Silva eventually gets beat by someone with a good ground game.

Brock IMO is getting by on size alone. Seriously, how hard is it to maul a guy who weighs 40+ pounds less than you? Punching power, uh he's 300lbs. Just think he'll eventually get caught.

I'll put you down for Brock losing. Can't let you pick two for most wins though.

I also question GSP's chin, but as long as he fights as methodically as he's been doing since Serra 1, he'll be coasting for a while. I cringe whenever he starts trading punches in the pocket, but he's getting better about it. Dude is just automatic when he stays on the outside, uses his jab and jumps in with strikes.

We all know GSP isn't losing to anybody in the wrestling or ground departments at WW.

Machida's stand up is unparalleled and his trips are hilarious. He can land 2 punches and trip somebody in the same second. Dude is always dropping people. I just think LHW presents the biggest variety of fighters in the UFC. I'm rooting for him though, love watching that style.

Anderson is my choice, mostly because he's been rumored to want to vacate the belt. This wasn't a rule before and hopefully we don't make deuces wild in the middle of the game. :) In all reality, the fight must hit the mat. Maia and Palhares most likely wouldn't be able to get the fight down, but if they do, watch out. I don't think Hendo has much of a chance, either. Unless he gets the mount like Lutter did, he'll just win a round or two before walking in to something. Vitor will throw his homerun shots as usual, as well as Wandy. I think the idea of Wandy fighting him is inhumane.

Brock is the obvious choice, we all know why. But if he gets through Carwin (assuming he beats Cain Velasquez), I think Kongo is the only other guy that is really a threat at this point. And Cheick won't get a shot any time soon with these Jardine-like setbacks. Not to mention a ground game Brock would just have a field day with. Don't know the status of Overeem's contract, but it looks like the idea of him coming to the UFC has stalled.

Brock is the obvious choice, we all know why. But if he gets through Carwin (assuming he beats Cain Velasquez), I think Kongo is the only other guy that is really a threat at this point. And Cheick won't get a shot any time soon with these Jardine-like setbacks. Not to mention a ground game Brock would just have a field day with. Don't know the status of Overeem's contract, but it looks like the idea of him coming to the UFC has stalled.

I know it sounds insane, but- Mirko? Naaaw, forget I said that. :doh:

I feel the same way about GSP. Not suprising considering we have the exact same picks, and are BJ fans.

I'll put you down for Brock losing. Can't let you pick two for most wins though.

GSP, most defends before a loss.

Strikeforce: Gina vs. Wanderlei, picks:

Mike Kyle vs. Fabricio Werdum: Huge fight for Fabricio. This time last year he was the guy that most fans thought got undeservingly left out of the UFC title picture. Forty cupcakes and one punch later, Dos Santos ended that argument. Mike Kyle's power is very serious, and Werdum has looked tentative in a lot of his fights. This fight is Fabricio's if he makes it a ground battle. But I think Kyle lands the bomb before it gets down there Kyle by Dan Henderson, round 1.

Gilbert Melendez vs. Mitsuhiro Ishida: Melendez has knockout power, Ishida tends to drop his hands and get caught when he loses. Both are good on the ground, Melendez being a Cesar Gracie disciple and Ishida being Japanese. Ishida has a push-the-pace style, so either another decision for him or Melendez catches him this time. I think a knee by Melendez in the third round ends the two-round lead Ishida will have. Melendez, KO, round 3.

Renato Sobral vs. Gegard Mousasi: There are high hopes for Mousasi, the understudy of Fedor. His ground game is only going to get better while training at RDI, in fact, every skill is going to get better, but Babalu is probably more skilled on the ground at this point. Babalu's takedowns are very good, as well. Mousasi has a fight scheduled with Sokodjou on October 8th. It's almost cliche' to say that looking ahead causes trouble. Babalu is no joke on the ground, I think we might see an upset here. Babalu, guillotine, round 2.

Gina Carano vs. Wanderlei Silva: Gina is one of the top 3 most popular people in the sport. Brock is more universally well-known, but Gina captures fans every day. When it comes down to it, I think she would be just as content without the fanfare. The girl is a bad ass fighter. When the bell rings, her facial expression radiates confidence. Her technique flows and she fights like she wants to put her opponent in the hospital. This all gets lost when she's not fighting because she looks like such an angel outside the octagon. Cyborg is a menace, she's a brawler with a style that is based around one or two-shot fight-ending power. The most dangerous moments for Gina are going to be the first few exchanges of every round. If she can dodge those heavy shots and counter, that will take a lot out of such a non-finesse person in Cyborg. Gina has to stay cool and change levels. Make that thing pay for missing. On the ground, I think Gina will be able to hold her own. She's underrated as a fighter, or so I'm hoping. Gina, TKO (tapout from strikes), round 3.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll