Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I have mad respect for Silva after watching that performance on Saturday.

He beat a proven, former LH champ and made it look easy. He made it look like he could have done it blindfolded.

The bob and weave he was doing with his hands by his side was just sick! He was just saying "try to hit me if you can"

As for Griffin, I wouldn't mind him seeing go up against Ortiz.

^^

Who is McTroll?

This guy:

I just lost ALL respect for Forrest.

He just wanted a paycheck. That was ridiculous. What a crappy way to end a career.

It is impossible to ever take him seriously again.

Forrest=the new Ken Shamrock.

Just retire already. Before you suffer severe brain damage.

Yeah' date=' but not in the same league as GSP, Silva or Brock. He is a step below, and he is getting old.

1-2 yrs left. The old regime is slowly passing.[/quote']

Nahhh.....it is in some circles, if you believe former fighters from Pride, ten years ago.

But that last fight sure looked fixed. Forrest, who always takes a punch, simply had no desire to fight.

Maybe Forrest can pull a Stephon Marbury now. Just go down in flames on the internet, and make it official.
Okay Dana, give the people what they want.

Brock vs Fedor.....or even Randy vs Fedor.

And GSP vs. Silva.

The New Year's card sounds about right.

Randy vs Fedor in strikeforce works.....and there is still plenty of time before New Year's to sign a Brock/Fedor match.

Crosses fingers.

I know Tito is fighting Coleman in his first return match, but Tito/Silva would be hysterical.

Welcome back Tito. Now get your ass kicked, and gtfo....again.

I would love to see Tito's face when Dana announces that fight. He would **** his pants.

I am familiar with their contracts, and with Randy's tumultuous past with Dana.

Money talks, and bs walks. Randy isn't getting younger.

No one wants to see Randy fight Fedor 16 months from now.

Throw him some cash, and see how much allegiance he has to the UFC. If Fedor can't be convinced to come to the UFC, let's go the other direction.

And get GSP/Silva done.

My favorite has to be calling BJ old.

Dana insulting Strikeforce & Scott Coker is Dana being Dana. Fedor didn't sign with UFC, so you except Dana to be on his douch-iest behavior we've seen in awhile.
And THAT'S saying something.

Who's watching Carano-Cyborg Saturday? :)

DVR for me (10:30 start time :doh: ).

I'm not sure what is more unbelievable to me, Kenny trying to get the fight to the ground the whole time, or BJ not letting it hit the ground until the 4th. As soon as Kenny starting shooting BJ should have welcomed the ground, and even initiated the takedown himself. As soon as the fight hit the floor Kenny got choked out just like I called it. Hopefully BJ learns from this and starts controlling where the fight is more instead of just fighting wherever his opponent wants to.

Yep that's just like what I said about Forrest trying to stand with Anderson. His entire gameplan was flawed, he should've been attempting takedowns and trying to get Anderson to the floor for GnP or even submission attempts. Instead, he opted to stand and he got picked apart. Forrest didn't even really have a good chance on the ground but he definitely had zero chance on the feet.

Yep that's just like what I said about Forrest trying to stand with Anderson. His entire gameplan was flawed, he should've been attempting takedowns and trying to get Anderson to the floor for GnP or even submission attempts. Instead, he opted to stand and he got picked apart. Forrest didn't even really have a good chance on the ground but he definitely had zero chance on the feet.

the knockdown you have in your sig is hypnotizing

destruction should not be that beautiful

Maybe its just me' date=' but every time Takeya Mizugaki fights, Frank Mir spends the entire 3 (or 5) rounds talking about how good the other fighter looks. Does mir have something against him?[/quote']

I totally agree. My girl and I were getting pissed at how he was saying Curran was winning the fight while getting controlled on his back. We had no preference for either fighter, but we started rooting for Mizugaki after Mir kept being so biased. Gotta say though, the move Curran used to put Mizugaki in that triangle at the end was brilliant.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15796/strikeforce-ceo-confirms-diaz-vs-hieron-bout-in-jeopardy-expects-resolution-on-thursday.mma

Previous reports that Nick Diaz missed a scheduled pre-fight drug screen with the California State Athletic Commission on Friday were today confirmed by Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker.

The executive confirmed the report on today's media call promoting the Aug. 15 event, "Carano vs. Cyborg," and Coker also said Diaz is currently in the process of submitting a sample to the CSAC.

Coker said he expects word from the commission on Thursday as to whether Diaz will be cleared to face Jay Hieron for Strikeforce's vacant welterweight title at the Showtime-broadcast event – though if the welterweight fails to show the bout could be scrapped today.

Diaz missed his original screen on Friday, citing his training regimen for the absence.

Coker went on state that the organization does have a back-up plan in place should Diaz be removed from the card – assuring Hieron would appear at the event – though he declined to elaborate on who would step up on short notice. Coker also would not clarify whether a potential replacement bout would still be for the organization's vacant 170-pound title.

Hieron was originally scheduled to face Paul Daley at the recently canceled "Affliction: Trilogy" event on Aug. 1. That event was scratched after headliner Josh Barnett failed a pre-fight drug screen, testing positive for anabolic steroids.

Coker said Strikeforce has booked travel plans for Diaz to make it from Stockton, Calif., to Los Angeles in time to make the CSAC's deadline of 3 p.m. PT today for testing, though he seemed less-than-certain that Diaz would make the flight.

Coker said he's been in discussion with Diaz and his manager, Cesar Gracie, and the Strikeforce executive is "hoping [Diaz] will make the right decision."

For complete coverage of "Strikeforce: Carano vs. Cyborg," stay tuned to the MMA Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

looks like Nick is at it again :doh:

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=9343&zoneid=2

The California State Athletic Commission has approved Team Quest standout and “Ultimate Fighter” season 8 cast member Jesse Taylor to face Jay Hieron on Aug. 15 at Strikeforce “Carano vs Cyborg.”

CSAC Assistant Executive Officer Bill Douglas informed MMWeekly.com of the development Monday afternoon.

The news comes just days after Hieron’s original opponent, Nick Diaz, failed to show up for a pre-fight drug test mandated by CSAC.

On Monday, Strikeforce officials and CSAC seemed to disagree on whether Diaz would get a second chance to take the test in Los Angeles. Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker said he would speak to Douglas today to try and resolve the situation.

Diaz’s manager, Cesar Gracie, said Diaz vs. Hieron was “highly unlikely” to happen.

Strikeforce officials were unavailable for comment at the time of publication, but MMAWeekly.com sources indicated that the situation was still in motion and that a fight between Hieron and Taylor had not yet been finalized.

Check back with MMAWeekly for full details as the story develops.

Edited by StillUnknown

Lol, wish I could man but this is retarded. When the belt is on the line you've gotta stop smoking and pass a drug test.

The only good I can see coming out of this is that they can reschedule Diaz vs. Riggs for the title. The October card would be a good one for it, supposedly that's when Fedor is fighting. Plus, Jacare, Brett Rogers, and Alistair are all rumored to be on that card too.

I do like the Hieron vs. Taylor fight though. Taylor's been on a tear since he got booted from the UFC. This will be his 7th fight this year so I hope he's not burned out and taking this on late notice.

I'll gladly defend him. The man likes to smoke up before he whips legendary AZZ. :)

Amen to that. :D

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15798/spike-tv-to-debut-weekly-series-best-of-pride-fighting-championships-in-january.mma

Spike TV to debut weekly series "Best of PRIDE Fighting Championships" in January

by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Aug 10, 2009 at 5:10 pm ET

An an announcement sure to please many MMA fans who wondered aloud why the UFC wasn't taking full advantage of the video footage it obtained in a 2007 purchase of PRIDE Fighting Championships, Spike TV today released information on an upcoming series dedicated to featuring some of the now-defunct organizations greatest bouts.

The weekly hour-long series, "Best of PRIDE Fighting Championships" is scheduled to debut on Sunday, Jan. 11 at 11 p.m. ET/PT.

Hosted by former Maxim Magazine Hometown Hotties finalist Kenda Perez, the show promises to feature "some of the most dramatic bouts in the early history of the sport."

The weekly series will be the latest addition to Spike TV's extensive mixed martial arts-related programming, a lineup that currently includes "The Ultimate Fighter," "UFC Fight Night," "UFC Unleashed," "Ultimate Knockouts," "UFC Countdown," "UFC All Access," and "UFC Primetime."

"As the destination for the best mixed martial arts on television, Spike TV is always looking for ways to give fight fans more of the incredible action and competition they crave," Spike TV President Kevin Kay stated in the official release.

While the series will obviously feature highlights from former PRIDE fighters now competing in the UFC such as Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueria, Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, Anderson Silva and Wanderlei Silva, Spike TV's announcement also promises appearances from fighters without current Zuffa ties including Fedor Emelianenko, Takanori Gomi and Josh Barnett.

Prior to the Zuffa, LLC purchase of PRIDE Fighting Championships and it assets, highlights of the organization's 10-year history ran on an FSN series hosted by former MMAjunkie.com Radio host Frank Trigg and Jay Glazer.

Thats good news for now, we'll try and see if Zuffa tries to use specially selected footage, they say they won't but we'll see once it airs.

If they are indeed showing Fedor destroy folks, then my guess is probably right that Dana knows he can probably snag Fedor once his 3-fight contract with MI/Strikforce is done.

Thats good news for now, we'll try and see if Zuffa tries to use specially selected footage, they say they won't but we'll see once it airs.

If they are indeed showing Fedor destroy folks, then my guess is probably right that Dana knows he can probably snag Fedor once his 3-fight contract with MI/Strikforce is done.

I'm a little skeptical about it too. Even now on the promos for fights they show very little footage of the former Pride guys actually fighting in Pride. I noticed that on the ad for UFC 102, when they show Nogueira there's one small Pride clip then footage from the Tim Sylvia and Heath Herring fights in the UFC.

Lol, wish I could man but this is retarded. When the belt is on the line you've gotta stop smoking and pass a drug test.

From what I read, he had a standing agreement with the cali athletic commission to be tested on the day of his fight only. He apparently has a prescription for MJ, and that agreement allows him to flush out his system for two weeks prior to the fight. However, they changed their minds for this fight and he was supposed to come in early, which of course, would cause him to fail the test.

I won't blame then one bit if they don't show Fedor dominating their guys. That would just be bad business. I am curious to see the format of the show. I wonder if Goldberg will be standing in front of a cage introducing the fights like he does for Unleashed, or if they will do it in a studio. I also wonder how much background they are going to give.

From what I read, he had a standing agreement with the cali athletic commission to be tested on the day of his fight only. He apparently has a prescription for MJ, and that agreement allows him to flush out his system for two weeks prior to the fight. However, they changed their minds for this fight and he was supposed to come in early, which of course, would cause him to fail the test.

I read that too. After Garcia (the guy they had the agreement with) left the commission Diaz's camp should have cleared it up with the new people in charge. They sound confident that Diaz will be fighting soon.

Terrible news:

"Blown ACL" forces Chris Lytle out of UFC Fight Night 19 main-card bout

by Dann Stupp on Aug 11, 2009 at 11:00 pm ET

A knee injury has forced UFC veteran Chris Lytle (27-17-5 MMA, 6-9 UFC) out of a scheduled UFC Fight Nigh 19 bout with Carlos Condit.

Ken Pavia of MMAAgents.com, which reps Lytle, today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) the longtime UFC fighter and runner up on "The Ultimate Fighter 4" tore his meniscus and now has a "blown ACL."

The UFC has not officially announced Lytle's departure from the card, though the organization has ample to find a replacement for the Sept. 16 fight, which was part of the night's Spike TV-televised main card.

UFC Fight Night 19 takes place at the Cox Convention Center in Oklahoma City, Okla., and serves as a lead-in for the debut episode of "The Ultimate Fighter 10."

Lytle, fresh off a "Fight of the Night" victory over Kevin Burns at The Ultimate Fighter 9 Finale in June, has won two of his past three fights, the lone loss coming to Marcus Davis via split decision. Lytle continued his recent windfall by picking up his third straight "Fight of the Night" bonus and fourth overall. In fact, including fight-night bonuses for submissions and knockouts, he's won six bonuses in his past eight fights.

A timetable for the veteran's return is not immediately known.

For the latest on UFC Fight Night 19, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com.

------

I was REALLY looking forward to that fight. Hopefully they find another guy that will test Condit. Anthony Johnson booked? Marcus Davis? Hardy?