Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Why? The only reason anyone thinks that he is a good HW is because the UFC allowed him to fight Sylvia. So now they should allow him to walk and give some other organization all of the money for the featured fight? That makes 0 business sense. He signed a contract. He should be MAN enough to live up to it, or STFU and retire. Sorry, I've lost tons of respect for Randy over this. Dana may very well be a jackass, but he's doing nothing wrong in expecting a fighter to live up to their end of the deal.

That's right, let him go after the feature fight since they couldn't land Fedor. They would be able to talk about how Fedor is scared of the UFC, that he probably does 'roids, that he fights Andre the Giant's cousins. We all know the UFC is where it's at, Randy leaving and chasing Fedor would probably only make the UFC look good. He could represent outside of the organization if they supported his decision. Support your fighters with their career decisions, it's like Randy held their good name by the balls or something and they were afraid to lose their 90 year old champion.

Should Joe Gibbs MAN up to his contract? Is he less of a man because age got to him? Sorry, but when your window is about to close you have to make decisions for yourself more than anybody. If Snyder was a screwball like Dana, Gibbs would have probably let the fans know about it in one way or another. Randy, in my mind, is leading a revolution to get Dana to MAN UP and pay these guys that could and should all whip his ****y, greedy ass.

Showtime EliteXC comes on tonight. its basically a show that allows propsects coming up in mma to get a little exposure. nobody major will on the cards, but the couple of times i've watched in the past, the fights have usually been good.

I've been watching the event, Still. Nice bouts. I didn't know anyone on the card except one of the women. I had seen her lose once but she won tonight. Tonya Evinger. Anyway, all the fights have been pretty good.

That's right, let him go after the feature fight since they couldn't land Fedor. They would be able to talk about how Fedor is scared of the UFC, that he probably does 'roids, that he fights Andre the Giant's cousins. We all know the UFC is where it's at, Randy leaving and chasing Fedor would probably only make the UFC look good. He could represent outside of the organization if they supported his decision. Support your fighters with their career decisions, it's like Randy held their good name by the balls or something and they were afraid to lose their 90 year old champion.

Should Joe Gibbs MAN up to his contract? Is he less of a man because age got to him? Sorry, but when your window is about to close you have to make decisions for yourself more than anybody. If Snyder was a screwball like Dana, Gibbs would have probably let the fans know about it in one way or another. Randy, in my mind, is leading a revolution to get Dana to MAN UP and pay these guys that could and should all whip his ****y, greedy ass.

So you hand a competitor THE superfight of the year on a silver platter? That makes no sense. As far as revolutions go; Where was this revolution when he signed the ****ing contract? Randy is now a pre-madonna, just like so many other athletes once they reach a certain point of stardom. The sheer fact that he doesn't recognize his responsibility to HONOR his contract exemplifies that.

The Gibbs analogy is a terrible one, btw. Gibbs is RETIRING, not leaving to go and coach the New England Patriots for one last shot at a big payday. Like I said, if Randy wants to retire, then he should. Some people can't seem to see the difference between personal emotion and business, and I think this crops up more so in MMA than any other sport (except for maybe the NFL). HE SIGNED THE CONTRACT. Just because you "like" him doesn't mean he is absolved from it. Hell, before Dana let him fight Sylvia he was nothing more than an ex-heavyweight that hadn't accomplished squat in the division in years (I'm excluding his LHW career because it is not relevant to the "who is the best HW in the world" argument).

The problem I have with the whole randy situtation is this:

He complained because the UFC wasn't signing Fedor. He was mad because they weren't doing "all they could"

So the UFC goes out and offers Fedor more money then Randy, (which is doing all they can) then Randy is all like

"Hey wtf? Your offering him more money then me, the champ? That's disrespectful."

Seems to me like it was just an excuse to leave the UFC

As far as the Randy thing goes, I don't care about all of the UFC drama. I want to see Randy fight Fedor, or at least see Fedor fight a good heavyweight.

Fedor hasn't fought a decent heavyweight since 2006. And he hasn't fought a top-tier heavyweight since he fought Cro Cop in 2005.

I still believe that Fedor is the greatest pound-for-pound fighter on the planet, BUT he has to stop fighting these freakshows with no MMA ability like Zulu and Hong-Man Choi, and start fighting top-ten heavyweights.

Now, a lot of the best HWs are in the UFC but there are a few that are not in the UFC that M1 needs to think about promoting for Fedor including: Josh Barnett, Randy, Ben Rothwell.

I know Fedor wants to fight the best HWs in the world, but M1/Bodog are doing him a disservice by having him fight guys like Matt Lindland and these 7 ft. freakshow cans.

I still believe that Fedor is the greatest pound-for-pound fighter on the planet, BUT he has to stop fighting these freakshows with no MMA ability like Zulu and Hong-Man Choi, and start fighting top-ten heavyweights.

Did he fight Choi yet? That completely got by me if he did.

I know Fedor wants to fight the best HWs in the world, but M1/Bodog are doing him a disservice by having him fight guys like Matt Lindland and these 7 ft. freakshow cans.

Fedor could care less about fighting the best in the world. His true love is Sambo. That's a huge reason he didnt sign with the UFC. He wants to be the best in that.

In MMA, he just happens to be one of the most dominant fighters ever, and has made millions of dollars. Do you think he feels he has anything to prove to anyone? Nope.

Do you think he cares that we sit him and yell "your not #1! stop fighting cans!"? Nope. He makes huge coin fighting cans like choi and zulu.

Chach, yeah he did, armbar sub in the first.

Choi had the worst ground skills ever tho. He did nto protect himself and fedor put 2 armbars on him in 30 seconds.

Did he fight Choi yet? That completely got by me if he did.

Yeah a few weeks ago, Fedor submitted him by armbar.

Fedor could care less about fighting the best in the world. His true love is Sambo. That's a huge reason he didnt sign with the UFC. He wants to be the best in that.

In MMA, he just happens to be one of the most dominant fighters ever, and has made millions of dollars. Do you think he feels he has anything to prove to anyone? Nope.

Do you think he cares that we sit him and yell "your not #1! stop fighting cans!"? Nope. He makes huge coin fighting cans like choi and zulu.

Chach, yeah he did, armbar sub in the first.

Choi had the worst ground skills ever tho. He did nto protect himself and fedor put 2 armbars on him in 30 seconds.

Dude, EVERY fighter wants to fight the best in the world. Mixed Martial Artists are athletes and all athletes want to compete with the best to be the best.

Of course he loves Sambo and his Red Devil team but his first job is mixed martial arts because like you said it pays the bills.

I will give Fedor the benefit of the doubt, the fall of Pride happened just a few months after his Mark Hunt fight and he had to search for a new organization to compete in but you can't tell me with any kind of seriousness that Fedor, as an athlete does not want to fight Randy Couture or Josh Barnett to show that he is still competitive with some of the best HWs in the world.

I've been watching the event, Still. Nice bouts. I didn't know anyone on the card except one of the women. I had seen her lose once but she won tonight. Tonya Evinger. Anyway, all the fights have been pretty good.

it was a pretty good card overall. some nice prospects got featured (Eddie Alavarez & Paul Daley). also some pretty good KO's, the first fight in particular :laugh: .

Dude, EVERY fighter wants to fight the best in the world. Mixed Martial Artists are athletes and all athletes want to compete with the best to be the best.

Of course he loves Sambo and his Red Devil team but his first job is mixed martial arts because like you said it pays the bills.

I will give Fedor the benefit of the doubt, the fall of Pride happened just a few months after his Mark Hunt fight and he had to search for a new organization to compete in but you can't tell me with any kind of seriousness that Fedor, as an athlete does not want to fight Randy Couture or Josh Barnett to show that he is still competitive with some of the best HWs in the world.

for sure he would fight randy and josh barnett. he would never back down, I agree. But, does he really care if he fights them? hell no. If he really did, you would see more action from his side. Again, he is a 7 time defending national sambo champ. What matters to him most is being the greatest sambo fighter ever to walk this earth. He just happens to be incredible at MMA, and makes a fortune off it.

Like I said, he wont back down from anyone, but he isnt actively pursuing a fight with these guys either. (save for randy, where he says he "hopes to fight him")

So you hand a competitor THE superfight of the year on a silver platter? That makes no sense. As far as revolutions go; Where was this revolution when he signed the ****ing contract? Randy is now a pre-madonna, just like so many other athletes once they reach a certain point of stardom. The sheer fact that he doesn't recognize his responsibility to HONOR his contract exemplifies that.

The Gibbs analogy is a terrible one, btw. Gibbs is RETIRING, not leaving to go and coach the New England Patriots for one last shot at a big payday. Like I said, if Randy wants to retire, then he should. Some people can't seem to see the difference between personal emotion and business, and I think this crops up more so in MMA than any other sport (except for maybe the NFL). HE SIGNED THE CONTRACT. Just because you "like" him doesn't mean he is absolved from it. Hell, before Dana let him fight Sylvia he was nothing more than an ex-heavyweight that hadn't accomplished squat in the division in years (I'm excluding his LHW career because it is not relevant to the "who is the best HW in the world" argument).

Yes, hand him the fight. What do you have to lose? You make 99% of the proceeds on all of your events, including Pay-Per-View events that SHOULD be free on Spike TV. What do you have to lose? The UFC would actually save the $300,000 they'd pay each fighter.

This isn't like Joe Gibbs going to coach the Patriots. THAT'S like saying Randy ditched Team Couture and went to Black House fight team so he could be surrounded by better fighters.

Using your analogy...the Patriots would have wanted to play in NFL Russia, instead of NFL U.S.A. The Giants (being Randy) want to play the Pats to see who is best, obviously the NFL hierarchy would ALREADY be doushes for not being able to get the Pats...so the Giants say F-U to the NFL and go chase after the #1 team in the world.

Man, we are way out of hand now.

Seriously, I have just noticed I'm playing lawyer and feel like we're in a courtroom. Really, we have no idea what these sides have up their respective sleeves in this case. All in all it's ugly, and maybe the UFC is right in suing Randy for defimation. You can't just go around talking **** when you are the #1 guy in the most powerful weightclass. UFC has to do something about that. I'm also glad they're suing him for a relatively low amount of money, that gains some respect back. I don't know the amount of charges against him, I know they're charging him with at least one count of breach of contract. But I dunno if they're piling on charges for $10,000 each count.

I do know, that Randy is brilliant at his game and a very soft-spoken individual. Much more opposite than Dana White. Dana slipped at creating good cards with more than enough talent to match up last year...I wonder if he ever ****ing god damn cusses at his own son of a ***** ********** self.

In my eyes, Randy > Dana

I do know, that Randy is brilliant at his game and a very soft-spoken individual. Much more opposite than Dana White. Dana slipped at creating good cards with more than enough talent to match up last year...I wonder if he ever ****ing god damn cusses at his own son of a ***** ********** self.

In my eyes, Randy > Dana

i don't think there's a person alive who likes Dana more than Randy :laugh:

that being said, i still think Randy should've defended the belt against Nog. Randy has always had trouble against guys with good submissions. i think it would've been a great fight between the two, and i'm not sure who i would pick for that fight.

Yes, hand him the fight. What do you have to lose? You make 99% of the proceeds on all of your events, including Pay-Per-View events that SHOULD be free on Spike TV. What do you have to lose? The UFC would actually save the $300,000 they'd pay each fighter.

This isn't like Joe Gibbs going to coach the Patriots. THAT'S like saying Randy ditched Team Couture and went to Black House fight team so he could be surrounded by better fighters.

Using your analogy...the Patriots would have wanted to play in NFL Russia, instead of NFL U.S.A. The Giants (being Randy) want to play the Pats to see who is best, obviously the NFL hierarchy would ALREADY be doushes for not being able to get the Pats...so the Giants say F-U to the NFL and go chase after the #1 team in the world.

Man, we are way out of hand now.

Seriously, I have just noticed I'm playing lawyer and feel like we're in a courtroom. Really, we have no idea what these sides have up their respective sleeves in this case. All in all it's ugly, and maybe the UFC is right in suing Randy for defimation. You can't just go around talking **** when you are the #1 guy in the most powerful weightclass. UFC has to do something about that. I'm also glad they're suing him for a relatively low amount of money, that gains some respect back. I don't know the amount of charges against him, I know they're charging him with at least one count of breach of contract. But I dunno if they're piling on charges for $10,000 each count.

In my eyes, Randy > Dana

I see it as PRECEDENT > Randy + Dana. But, enough, I'll stop. If I want to get into these types of debates, I'll save it for sherdog. This thread, unlike 99% of sherdog's threads, is too useful. :)

I see it as PRECEDENT > Randy + Dana. But, enough, I'll stop. If I want to get into these types of debates, I'll save it for sherdog. This thread, unlike 99% of sherdog's threads, is too useful. :)

You do Sherdog? There's no way I could join up there, much less spend my time debating with those jokers. People think this forum is out of control, Sherdog's is a madhouse.

I go to the sherdog boards everyday and I don't know why.

They are the worst boards in existence. No one is allowed to have a differing opinion or he gets personally attacked.

I would say about 2% of sherdog is worth reading.

I much MUCH more enjoy talking MMA here with you guys then those clowns over there.

I think we can all drink to that :cheers:

I go to the sherdog boards everyday and I don't know why.

They are the worst boards in existence. No one is allowed to have a differing opinion or he gets personally attacked.

I would say about 2% of sherdog is worth reading.

I much MUCH more enjoy talking MMA here with you guys then those clowns over there.

I think we can all drink to that :cheers:

Also- All the posters there think they are more knowledgeable than MMA fighters about MMA. So silly. :)

You do Sherdog? There's no way I could join up there, much less spend my time debating with those jokers. People think this forum is out of control, Sherdog's is a madhouse.

I don't post. They do have some good articles sometimes, and usually have breaking news right away. mmanews and mmajunkie are the other two I frequent. I generally don't read the forums unless someone has posted an article.

I don't post. They do have some good articles sometimes, and usually have breaking news right away. mmanews and mmajunkie are the other two I frequent. I generally don't read the forums unless someone has posted an article.

Yep, same reason I go to the Sherdog forums. They have a classic look-a-likes thread going on there.

Those other two are good sites also. Ever been here? http://www.mmavideolinks.to/

It puts up the most recent events' videos up after they happen. Some interviews and classic matches are in there, too.