Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

How can Tito's chances be over? He's in his early 30's. He is a great ground & pounder. He's fighting for the championship belt and losing might drop him out of title contention for a year maybe. I predict we'll see Tito vs. Chuck 3 within the next 2 years.

As for the fight, Tito can't handle Chuck's takedown defense. Tito will shoot and get popped by Chuck or Chuck will bury it with his incredible takedown defense.

Chuck is the greatest counter-striker in MMA today. Tito is a shoot fighter. Bad matchup for Tito. He'll get popped coming in all day, or he'll have to trade with Chuck from the outside. If they trade standing up the whole fight, Chuck will be the clear winner of the decision.

Watch for Tito to be indecisive and caught for a split-second on his heels. Chuck is very good at reading his opponents actions, and will capitalize with big combos.

Chuck winner by K.O. in 3rd.

Those loses that Tito took against Chuck and Randy he could blame on his knee or his lack of knowledge.

But this time he has no excuse and a different game plan.

He has to be training and going all out on this fight.

If he loses he knows he isn't champion material.

So don't expect Tito to keep shooting in time after time.

I expect to see him do some leg kicks, and some combos.

His goal shouldn't be to try and force a take down, but to look for the best time to do a take down.

All of this is just a guess on my part. Because he has to know that doing the same things and losing each time isn't going to work.

And unless he is an idiot, he should have learned from the other great fighters out there.

Tito has done NOTHING to show that he's a better fighter than the last time these two met. Who has he fought? An old man 3 times, and a TUF kid. Whoopdeedoo. I hope Tito can make a match out of it, but I think it's unlikely. His opponents as of late have been weak at best, and his Griffin fight (aside from the first round) wasn't a dominant performance. I cannot, and will not EVER jump on a fighter's bandwagon that would rather do sideshow freak-type fights (e.g. Shamrock) than actually fight people that are contenders.

Great interview with Diegio Sanchez a little past the halfway point:

http://www.sherdog.com/news/radio.asp?id=115

It sounds like he really wants to fight Koschek. Said he wants to hurt him for all the **** he is talking. He also mentions how he might be fighting GSP soon, but really wants to fight Hughes as well. It actually sounds like he wants to take care of his grudges (Kos and Hughes) before going after the belt.

Yeah, I'm not really sure why Kos wants to fight him again. I think Diego will beat him. Diego was able to outstrike a striker. Kos is only capable of throwing haymakers. He's a great wrestler, but he can't finish on the mat.

Diego is a weird dude. There's just something about him that irks me. He just comes across as cheesy and fake, but regardless, he is a skilled fighter, and should help keep the MW division interesting for years to come.

I think Tito Ortiz has a chance in this fight. Anytime two top-tier guys are fighting for a second time, you never know what kind of tricks your opponent will pull out this time around.

With that being said I still think Chuck Liddell knocks out Ortiz by the second round.......

Of course the winner of this fight probably has a date with Rampage Jackson next, which isn't good for either Tito or Chuck.

I think Tito Ortiz has a chance in this fight. Anytime two top-tier guys are fighting for a second time, you never know what kind of tricks your opponent will pull out this time around.

With that being said I still think Chuck Liddell knocks out Ortiz by the second round.......

Of course the winner of this fight probably has a date with Rampage Jackson next, which isn't good for either Tito or Chuck.

Rampage and Tito are buddies. They will never fight each other. I think they've said as much.

Edit: change Chuck to Tito

nog-crocop-txt.jpg

Doesn't mean he's in the UFC but it looks more and more like CC is switiching teams.

I heard that this is an old pic.

A fight in the octagon doesn't mean you can't be friends. You go in to the fight knowing it's nothing personal. Why would Rampage let friendship get in the way of the goal?

Sounds like a question for Rampage.

Do you think Renzo would ever fight Royce? Shogun, Wanderlie?

Do you think Renzo would ever fight Royce? Shogun, Wanderlie?

Why not? He won't because he is family or friends with them? I may be able to understand if you don't want to beat up a family member, but I still think you should be able to get past that. You're bound to take some shots in any other fight, why not do it against a friend who's a contender and give each other a big hug when it's all over.

Rampage and Chuck are buddies. They will never fight each other. I think they've said as much.

From what I've heard, Chuck is dying to get a rematch against Jackson to redeem himself for the ass kicking Rampage gave him in PRIDE. I have no REAL sources on this, just some gibberish on sherdog's radio show.

Now sherdog is reporting that Crop Cop has signed with the UFC. MMAWeekly is ruunning with it too:

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=3183&zoneid=2

There is always speculation regarding “the big announcement” leading up to an Ultimate Fighting Championship pay-per-view event. Well, for UFC 66, headlined by Chuck Lidell vs. Tito Ortiz 2, there could be multiple announcements. The UFC’s parent company, Zuffa LLC, has been busy purchasing other companies of late, the World Fighting Alliance (WFA) and World Extreme Cagefighting among them, but it will be the fighters acquired that garner most of the attention.

The biggest of those announcements is expected to be the UFC’s acquisition of Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic, the current Pride Open Weight Grand Prix champion. Sherdog.com reported that Filipovic’s signing will be revealed on the pay-per-view with his first opponent slated as Eddie Sanchez. MMAWeekly sources have indicated that the fight will take place on February 3rd on the UFC 67 fight card already featuring two title fights, and most likely Quinton Jackson’s UFC debut.

In addition to the Filipovic signing, MMAWeekly sources have confirmed that Heath Herring has signed a five-fight deal with the UFC. Herring was one of the fighters whose contract with the WFA was purchased by Zuffa. His first fight for the UFC is scheduled for January 25th on a UFC Fight Night card to be televised live on Spike TV. Herring’s first opponent in the UFC will be Jake O’Brien.

At one time Herring was ranked near the top of the heavyweight division, vying for the championship in Pride. The fight with O’Brien will be his first in nearly a year. He last saw action when he knocked out Gary Goodridge at the K-1 Hero’s show in March of 2006.

O’Brien is a strong up-and-comer out of Indianapolis, Indiana. While he doesn’t have the experience that Herring does, O’Brien is undefeated and has two wins under his belt in the Octagon. While he’s no walk in the park for Herring, it will likely be the toughest test yet for the former Purdue wrestler.

-----

Sweeeeeeeeet!!!

From what I've heard, Chuck is dying to get a rematch against Jackson to redeem himself for the ass kicking Rampage gave him in PRIDE. I have no REAL sources on this, just some gibberish on sherdog's radio show.

Truthfully, I don't think Rampage could overwhelm Chuck now. Chuck could stick him from the outside. Chuck needs to do it within the next 3 years.

:eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck

Now sherdog is reporting that Crop Cop has signed with the UFC.

Awesome news. :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

Truthfully, I don't think Rampage could overwhelm Chuck now. Chuck could stick him from the outside. Chuck needs to do it within the next 3 years.

I agree with you, but Rampage is still a very dangerous man, and I wouldn't be shocked if he was able to beat Lidell again.

Glad to hear that it finally sounds like Cro Cop's entrance to the UFC is coming to fruition. The Zuffa's are really trying to beef up the HW division, and that is good news!! :cheers:

Tim Slyvia is a dead man in 07. He better take alot of pics with him and the belt cause it's going to be gone soon.

He, like most people with their American Express cards, NEVER leaves home without it. I am embarassed for him when I see him strutting around in it.

BTW, here is a pic from an ebay ad he put up. That's right. He was selling a playstation 3, and using his own name to sell it. Wish I could find the link to the actual ad. And he wonders why people think he's such a jackass. :rolleyes:

061219sylvia.jpg

Tim Slyvia is a dead man in 07. He better take alot of pics with him and the belt cause it's going to be gone soon.

hahahaha.

I don't know. Tim is good at throwing big bombs and could catch Cro Cop in the mouth with one. His combo's are underrated, and he's one heavy kid on the ground.

I'd give the match to Cro Cop because of his incredible conditioning. He commands the ring with his standup. The sheer strength of his legs is enough to make his opponents weary. He is a striking powerhouse, and has fury.

I do want to see a complete Heavyweight division in the UFC. It seems like the UFC would have a great atmosphere if Fedor faught Mirko, or Chuck faught Vitor again.

hahahaha.

I don't know. Tim is good at throwing big bombs and could catch Cro Cop in the mouth with one. His combo's are underrated, and he's one heavy kid on the ground.

I'd give the match to Cro Cop because of his incredible conditioning. He commands the ring with his standup. The sheer strength of his legs is enough to make his opponents weary. He is a striking powerhouse, and has fury.

I do want to see a complete Heavyweight division in the UFC. It seems like the UFC would have a great atmosphere if Fedor faught Mirko, or Chuck faught Vitor again.

Not only does Vitor suck, but he is suspended in Nevada for I think 9 months.

This is the year we take over boxing. With or without espn.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=3186&zoneid=2

"...The UFC has taken over Spike TV, FSN airs both the International Fight League and Pride Fighting Championships, and the ink is still wet on Showtime’s deal to air the newly formed EliteXC. But this appears only to be the jumping off point for MMA in America.

It has been common knowledge for quite some time that the UFC has been courting HBO, the premier premium cable television network. That relationship now appears to be on the verge of consummation...."

:cheers: