Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

N. Korea fires missile

Brave

There seems to be some question as to exactly what sort of missiles these were. Whether they were short-range types that have been tested before, or whether at least one of them was the longer range one that we've been watching for a couple weeks.

Either way, I think the tension knob in that area of the world just got turned up to "12".

Scuds? Can't imagine why they would need to make such a show of launching those?

If they're going to get in trouble, they may as well have tested the longer range missiles.

Actually, there IS a reason to make at least ONE of them a short-range missile. Let's say they launch the one we believe to be a Long-Range missile on its own and it falls well short of the expected test distance and performance. BIG egg on the face for the North Koreans. Instead you launch one long-range and one short-range missile. If the LR unit is a dud, you claim you launched TWO short-range missiles so you don't lose face.

As a former US submariner I can assure you that right now there are multiple US subs sitting off the coast with their entire crew at battlestations awaiting word from COMSUBPAC.

Tomahawk cruise missles can answer this problem.

South Korea (for obivous reasons) is more than a little nervous right now.

I can't believe that when the Berlin wall came down I actually thought we might not really have to worry about the Nukes ever being fired...that the Cold war was over...so much for my idealism.

I almost think that North Korea is in such bad economic shape that they want to go to war with us so they can loose and we can rebuild their country. They saw what happened to Japan, Germany and Iraq.

We are the best nation to lose a war to because after we destroy your country we will rebuild it for free.

:whoknows:

I almost think that North Korea is in such bad economic shape that they want to go to war with us so they can loose and we can rebuild their country. They saw what happened to Japan, Germany and Iraq.

We are the best nation to lose a war to because after we destroy your country we will rebuild your country.

:whoknows:

This reminds me of a History professor I had in college. He said if he was the leader of a small, struggling country the first thing he would do was attack the US.

Note to Korea: You don't want to take that route with nukes. We would have to rebuild the whole damned country and import new people to live there.

We are the best nation to lose a war to because after we destroy your country we will rebuild your country.

Which is why we shouldn't be rebuilding these countries that we have to overthrow. Nor should we have relieved Japan and Germany of their debt for rebuilding their countries after WWII.

Of course in my utopian world, about 15 seconds after that long-range missile lifted off, NORAD would have had the authority to just turn the hands of time in North Korea back to prehistoric days. Unfortunately that's not considered appropriate anymore.

The fact that we haven't had SOME SORT of military response to this yet is just another proof of how we act like a paper tiger all too often.

4 missles now fired...including 1 taepodoang intercontinental...1 lands in Sea of Japan...possible Un Security counlci metting tonight...N. Koreans upset that withe-water reactor they wanted but were refused is being offerred to Iran by Bush.

The taepodong actually is judged to be incapable of raching us mialand or alaska...this is only the 2nd test in 8 years of the missle...far from being a real missle "program"...show being called "definitely" political protests by our military and not a serious indicator of intent or threat

Just thought that if US were to go a 'little overboard' with our reactiion, ie fired some return volleys, it's the 4th of July- Most people would back any US action today.

I think Bush should think this logic through, the fallout will be reduced!?! Just a thought.

Bonez3, so far as I'm concerned, if we had units (ships, land-based systems, etc..) in position and there was any chance of us shooting these things down, we should have done it. We should also have opened up on North Korea like it was the 4th of July. Gee, wait, it IS the 4th of July. We should have lit NK up over this.

We've become a paper tiger to the tin-hat dictators like this maniac in North Korea and the raghead in Iran. We need to actually put some TEETH behind our threats to these people if we actually want them to take us seriously. Like what we did with Iraq some years ago when we systematically removed their air defense systems.

Ok' date=' I will be honest and say I don't keep up with all this stuff, but why do we (U.S.) have to police what the North Koreans are doing? Or do you mean the U.N.?[/quote']

I'm sorry but the Useless Ninnies are not going to have the cahones to actually stand up to this little maniac and do anything substantive about him. IF anything useful is going to be done about this maniac it's going to have to be done by the United States and whatever other individual nations have the balls to actually DO something rather than slapping Kim Jong Il on the back of the hand and telling him to be a good boy AGAIN.

Archived