Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anticipated New Music Releases

slackermike

The new MetallicA album whenever it ends up coming out (they are just beginning to work on it basically) because they finally canned Bob Rock and now they have Rick Rubin producing it (Slayer, Danzig, ACDC, System of a Down, Audioslave, Limp Bizkit, Slipknot to name a few bands he has worked with) and there is a slight chance they will return to playing the traditional brand of metal they created in the 80's.

The new MetallicA album whenever it ends up coming out (they are just beginning to work on it basically) because they finally canned Bob Rock and now they have Rick Rubin producing it (Slayer, Danzig, ACDC, System of a Down, Audioslave, Limp Bizkit, Slipknot to name a few bands he has worked with) and there is a slight chance they will return to playing the traditional brand of metal they created in the 80's.

Ditto here. :cheers:

Anyone heard the new RHCP album?

Yes.

Is it good? Yeah, but it could have been condensed into one nice long album I think. It gets a little snoozy at some points but overall I like it and think its worth a purchase, especially if you're an RHCP fan.

As for my most anticipated releases...

The Roots

Lupe Fiasco

Deftones

The Roots
From what I've heard, their new single is pretty good. Hopefully their album will be as well.
Anyone heard the new RHCP album?
Someone told me that the band moved back to their old pad to try and recapture that "Blood Sugar Sex Magic" sound. Which is good, because I couldn't take anymore of that gay "Aeroplane" crap.

Deftones and Slayer are the 2 I'm waiting on right now...

I have the new Chillipeppers CD and let me say, I've never been a RHCP fan, but I got the new one and I really like a lot of it. Fruscante is playing some really cool stuff, so I downloaded their past CD's thinking I was missing something and nope, Didn't like any of them save for a few songs here and there.

Fruscante is at his best IMO on the new cd and I really like it, can't say that about the older stuff.

• 1 month later...
I was most excited about Sonic Youth's new release "Rather Ripped", which came out earlier this month.

I'll be surprised if Thom Yorke's solo album doesn't suck.

:doh: It did. Clearly Radiohead is more than Thom Yorke. Well it didn't suck per se. But it sure as hell wasn't Radiohead caliber. There were a few songs I liked, but none were great.

This wasn't even close to being Kid A quality, and that is what I was hoping for. (It obviously wasn't going to be like any of their instrumental albums anyway).

Archived