Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best Game of 2005 (not counting division games)

SUSkinsFan

The Phily game on Monday night against Mcnabb and company. The Skins were playing some no nonesense football.I think the Skins played up to their potential and demonstrated to the NFC East they could play and beat anyone in the NFC East.:logo:

Y'all make a good argument as to the Seahawks game. There was some gut and power there. To be noted.

But the big clash was the Denver game.

They get my props, and they gave us ours.

Tampa Bay playoff was, however, the hardest fight between any team anytime all season. That game there was brutal.

Even though we lost, that first Tampa game was a GREAT game.

:cheers:

Yea I was there and it was better in person let me tell ya. Leaving the stadium I was truly satisfied after the drive down there and the admission even though we lost. Fans were pretty classy too.

I guess I'd have to say the Seattle game. We were 2-0, but were still sputtering wildly on offense. And though we had beaten Dallas, I didn't know if those two TDs were a sign of improvement on offense, or just a flukey happy bit of karma.

Well, I remember watching us, after years of fits and starts and mediocre and inconsistant offense, FINALLY start moving the ball with what looked like purpose and balance, and thinking "I'll be damned. This is starting to look like a Joe Gibbs team again."

It wasn't the most glorious win, but it was the first one in a LONG time in which we won because we set the tone on both offense and defense, and forced the other team to come out and beat us at our game. And with one or two exceptions that's how we've been playing ever since.

No doubt. In the rain... damn tuck rule :mad:

Tuck rule, indeed. Maybe one day someone could explain to me how a pass that goes BACKWARDS is an incomplete FORWARD pass. I mean, I'll accept that it's a pass, but wouldn't it just be a lateral?

Back on topic: The victory in St. Louis was definitely a fun game to watch.

I think you can definitely argue that he scored. It was a very close play. The key play was the play immediately before when we blocked the extra point, but were called off-side. That was a BAD call. It was a clean block.

Well....then....that too! :D

Archived